DEVs make UO consensual PvP only

Make all of UO consensual PvP with the exception of the 2 special shards. This will allow all players to have access to all of UOs lands without fear of getting PKed and those that wish to partake can do so by selecting a I agree to PvP switch. Now everybody that wishes to can PvP to their hearts content anywhere in UO and those that do not want to can go where they please without worry.

Comments

• Funny enough...I'd support this.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Wouldn't that mean that players could go to Champ Spawns where it's assumed to be a pvp arena, and safely earn a chance at scrolls ? Or are you saying players would have to click an "agree" button to enter felucca ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    No it means all of UO would become consensual PvP, no more Tram/Fel rule set facets.  No matter which facet you are on you will be set yourself to Tram rule set or if you desire Fel Rule set and you will be that rule set on all facets until you change it.  This includes all content in UO no exceptions.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    YES I support this %1000
  • Bad idea
    We in fact need it to go the other way for a more healthy sandbox environment.  Give us more content in fel to fight over! 

But with my suggestion you would have all of UO content to fight over.
  • By entering the red gate you consent

Why is it a bad idea.  Everybody gets to have all UO content and play UO the way they want to.  Don't you want to have more content to fight over with like minded players.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Bilbo said:
    YES I support this %1000
    You agree with it now? Then why did you disagree with it on the previous thread?
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/55/lets-discuss-and-fix-pvp-for-everyone-now/p1

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Mervyn said:
    Bilbo said:
    YES I support this %1000
    You agree with it now? Then why did you disagree with it on the previous thread?
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/55/lets-discuss-and-fix-pvp-for-everyone-now/p1

I disagreed with your suggestion of making another shard not to turning UO into consensual PvP.  There is a big difference between your suggestion and this one and if you can not see that then I am sorry.
    So your interpretation of the special shards, would mean that the special shards would still have a trammel?

I think the OP needs to clarify his position.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

There are two special shards that have no Tram rule set in UO they are called Siege Perilous and Mugen sorry if you did not know that and those two shards will stay the way they are.  All other shards also known as prodo shards would go to a consensual pvp rule set under my proposal thereby giving all UO content to all UO players to play as they want.  This way no one group gets content added without the other getting it also.  Everybody can go anywhere they want and do whatever content they want.
    @Kyronix @Mesanna has this ever been discussed?  Is this something that you would be open to discussing?  It gives the ability to add content anywhere in UO without trying to appease any special group or offend any special group.  Everybody would have access to everything and be able to play UO as they wish.
    edited April 2018
    Siege and mugen do not have insurance.

• OutcastOutcast Posts: 7
    No. Plenty of people will unsub if you do this
    Mervyn said:
    Siege and mugen do not have insurance.
    You are right, I never said to add insurence to them.  I stated they should remain unchanged, you know stay the way they are.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Give this one a vote for worst idea yet in these forums.

Lets play football but make it so you can only tackle players with even numbered jerseys... what could go wrong....
    Outcast said:
    Why would they unsub?  The PvPers requested more content to fight over and I just gave them all of UO to fight over, where is the problem.
    I thought pvp was consensual, last time I checked, every single thing was obtainable in trammel except powerscrolls. 

• OutcastOutcast Posts: 7
    Outcast said:
    Why would they unsub?  The PvPers requested more content to fight over and I just gave them all of UO to fight over, where is the problem.
    No your're giving em less. If Spawns were not in Felucca PvPers would have very little to do.
  • FatFat Posts: 97
    100% consensual pvp but remove powerscrolls from game all together. If we are going to trash this game let's go all in.
    Outcast said:
    Outcast said:
    No your're giving em less. If Spawns were not in Felucca PvPers would have very little to do.
    So how is doing a spawn PvP, I thought that was PvM.  I am giving them all of UO to fight over you know Player v Player like in players that are geared up to fight other players that are geared up the same not geared up to fight a MOB or is that what you consider PvP, a PvPer killing a PvMer.  Are you afraid no one will switch to the Fel rule set so you wont have anybody to kill?
    Mervyn said:
    I thought pvp was consensual, last time I checked, every single thing was obtainable in trammel except powerscrolls. 
    But isn't it you and others asking for more content to fight over, I am giving you all of UO and you are giving Fel, you are getting way more than the tram players are.  We get 1 facet and you get all the others, sounds like we are getting the short end of the stick on this one so please tell us the real reason you are against this.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    I could live with this. Consensual pvp everywhere, except for dungeons and spawn areas.
  • DavoDavo Posts: 46
    pvp is dead to me now thanks to vvv and the nerfs. have fun
    edited April 2018
    It would not be a game I would want to play. I, like all men, am a hunter, how many prey consent? 

I want a fel only shard with insurance (non transferable) then I’m sure you’ll all be free to roam fel on prodo shards without people like me interfering. 

Urge said:
    I could live with this. Consensual pvp everywhere, except for dungeons and spawn areas.
    Why not all UO content?  You are getting everything else but yet you still insist on controlling the spawn, now why is that.
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    The next time you get to mount doom Frodo, jump in the volcano with the ring and let the adults make the decisions.  TYVM
    The next time you get to mount doom Frodo, jump in the volcano with the ring and let the adults make the decisions.  TYVM
    NP  Understood no viable reason except you want to control the spawn and to afraid to say it and throw childish remarks.
    Mervyn said:
    It would not be a game I would want to play. I, like all men, am a hunter, how many prey consent? 

I want a fel only shard with insurance (non transferable) then I’m sure you’ll all be free to roam fel on prodo shards without people like me interfering. 
    But you would have that on any Prodo shard just as long as others selected to play a Fel rule set and not a Tram rule set or is that what you are afraid of, no one to play with.