VENDOR SEARCH : Takes way too long to respond and often prompts to retry

Basically, to look for anything on Vendor Search takes an absurd amount of time.

Is it please possible to get it fixed ?

Thanks.

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,934
    I wonder if there is people using automated BOTs to continuously search the Vendor Search and whether this might result in the engine getting clogged by too many requests in a short time....
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I'm wondering if it has something to do with the three test shards being on a different publish?? In the time you're waiting might i suggest training your Cu ? 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    This has nothing to do with bots or scripting.  The server code is OLD and not using modern database indexing techniques for item stats.  Don't expect any improvements anytime soon. This would be a HUGE project.   
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,934
    Drago said:
    This has nothing to do with bots or scripting.  The server code is OLD and not using modern database indexing techniques for item stats.  Don't expect any improvements anytime soon. This would be a HUGE project.   
    Well, if so, then I am not sure how players on Atlantic can do....

It is flat out unusable, given how long the waits for a result are and that they often turn out to be just a page prompting to re-run it....

It takes forever just to look for 1 item.... unusable, IMHO.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    There is already a current thread on this topic. Please do not spam the forum with mulitple threads on the same topic on the same day.

This discussion has been closed.