What difference for a Pet does having 120 Healing vs. 110 Healing ?

I have been trying to find a calculator showing the benefits for a pet of having 120 Healing rather then 110 Healing but I could not find any.

Does anyone know whether or not it is worth it to invest on a pet with Healing for a 120 scroll ?

Thanks.

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    @popps there's pet training calculators on uo.cah you can test your build in the actual pet training gump what further info do you need?? You can also go to test and train with free ps..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    McDougle said:
    @ popps there's pet training calculators on uo.cah you can test your build in the actual pet training gump what further info do you need?? You can also go to test and train with free ps..
    At UO CAH I can find the following Calculators : 

- Pet Intensity Calculator
    - Pet Planner
    - Hit Miss & Effective Damage Calculator
    - Pet Damage Calculator
    - Pet Mana Regen Calculator
    - Pet Taming and Control Calculator
    - Mana Regen Calculator
    - Pet Scroll Cost Calculator
    - Animal Taming Chart
    - Resisting Spells Calculator

I do not see any of these as indicating dealing with the Healing skill in pets and how much it heals at different levels of skill.....
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    @ popps there's pet training calculators on uo.cah you can test your build in the actual pet training gump what further info do you need?? You can also go to test and train with free ps..
    At UO CAH I can find the following Calculators : 

- Pet Intensity Calculator
    - Pet Planner
    - Hit Miss & Effective Damage Calculator
    - Pet Damage Calculator
    - Pet Mana Regen Calculator
    - Pet Taming and Control Calculator
    - Mana Regen Calculator
    - Pet Scroll Cost Calculator
    - Animal Taming Chart
    - Resisting Spells Calculator

I do not see any of these as indicating dealing with the Healing skill in pets and how much it heals at different levels of skill.....
    Sooooooo go to test And research then report your findings??????????
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    @popps this is the best answer and please do not go into your book writing style because we all know you will.

This is from old UO Stratics.  https://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/skills-and-professions/healing/#basics
    If you are trying to use any healing ability and you are attacked by a spell, missile or melee attack then you are likely not able to apply the bandage as well as you would have had without the attack. You may receive a “your fingers slip” message – the more of these you receive, the less successful your healing attempt will be (as you really need to concentrate to heal wounds). Healers with high dexterity and high healing will suffer from slipped fingers less than a novice healer with low dexterity. Note: The exact way how dexterity and healing interact has not been released to players and so I can not give any precise information about it here.

The higher your dex and healing the greater you success.  A 150 Dex 120 Heal will have more successful heals than a 150 Dex 110 Heal.  NOBODY KNOWS THE EXACT NUMBER SO DON'T BOTHER ASKING.  Pet training healing is 120 20 points and 110 is 10 points.  

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use this https://www.uo-cah.com/pet-intensity-calculator to input your pets info and then go to the pet planner to see what your pet can become.  Do something for yourself for once in your life.
    edited September 2021
    Over under 3 paragraph reply...

Even money on suggesting a 120 pet should in fact rez it's owner because that's how it seen..
    LOL
    edited September 2021

The higher your dex and healing the greater you success.  A 150 Dex 120 Heal will have more successful heals than a 150 Dex 110 Heal.  NOBODY KNOWS THE EXACT NUMBER SO DON'T BOTHER ASKING.  Pet training healing is 120 20 points and 110 is 10 points.  

But that is the crux of the matter, ain't it ?

Since the cost of a 120 Healing Powerscroll is significantly higher as compared to that of, for example, a 110 Healing Powerscroll, if "nobody knows" the exact numbers, how is it possible to figure out whether a 120 Healing Powerscroll is "worth" the cost investment ?

Of course that having 120 Healing is better as 110 Healing.... I mean, that is obvious....

But "how much" better (for a pet) is the actual information needed, so that Tamers not having loads of 120 Healing Powerscrolls laying around, might actually make a responsible decision as to whether it is worth for them to invest the extra cost that a 120 Healing Powescroll has, compared to what, for example, a 110 Healing Powerscroll costs.....

How come there is calculators for pretty much everything but for healing there is nothing and, "nobody knows "??
    popps said:

Since the cost of a 120 Healing Powerscroll is significantly higher as compared to that of, for example, a 110 Healing Powerscroll, if "nobody knows" the exact numbers, how is it possible to figure out whether a 120 Healing Powerscroll is "worth" the cost investment ?

Of course that having 120 Healing is better as 110 Healing.... I mean, that is obvious....

But "how much" better (for a pet) is the actual information needed, so that Tamers not having loads of 120 Healing Powerscrolls laying around, might actually make a responsible decision as to whether it is worth for them to invest the extra cost that a 120 Healing Powescroll has, compared to what, for example, a 110 Healing Powerscroll costs.....

How come there is calculators for pretty much everything but for healing there is nothing and, "nobody knows "??

Gasp you're gonna have to think for yourself!! Again go to test the ps are free there test if healing is faster at 120 if more hp are healed if even the most difficult poison is cured at 120 you do understand that so much of our knowledge base is user defined and created here's your chance to contribute...
    popps said:

OMFG Healing is the cheapest of the PET SCROLLS everybody wants.  It is totally up to you and I know that using your brain is painful and you want to have your hand held with everything.  Did you bother to go to those links, let me answer that NO.  You know as much as everybody else and still you want us to decide what you should do, use that thing GOD put between your ears for once in your life.  Who tells you to get out of bed every morning, I am sorry that you need someone to think for you.  If you are worried about the cost of a 120 healing I can't wait till you do a Tact, Resist or Parry scroll.
    Do you use the Damage Calc?  I did and made a 110 Tact/Anat all others were 120 Chiv/AI then I made an all 120 Cu Chiv/AI and I know what the Calc says but I also know how many Swoops my all 120 Pup does and how many the 110 does and the 120 Pup doe sway more damage and kills Swoop way faster so those Calcs are a good base to start with they are not set in stone and the UO Program itself tells me other wise by how fast I kill swoop.  Please for GOD sakes do not ask me what other scrolls I used, If you do knot what the standard PET SCROLL package is then you need more help than you are letting on.

Use your BRAIN and THINK for yourself.  This is my last post on this.  Any other questions should be directed directly to the DEVs maybe they will feel sorry for you and give your a totally GOD mode show.
    edited September 2021

I found this Calculator here https://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/healing.php

Only question is, does it apply for Pets as it does for characters ?

Anyone knows ?

If so, a 110 Healing/110 Anatomy provides 39-65 health points healed (interruptions provide for a 35% deduction).

A 120 Healing/120 Anatomy, provides 43-70  health points healed (interruptions provide for a 35% deduction)..

If one considers that 120 Healing Powerscroll is less expensive as a 120 Anatomy, a 120 Healing/110 Anatomy provides 41-68 health points healed (interruptions provide for a 35% deduction)..

At a first look, not a "major" healing buff to go from 110s to 120s....

I guess though, that perhaps 120 Wrestling/Parry might be useful for the per so as to get less interrupted and, thus, suffer less that 35% healing penalty....

This, if that calculator applies to Pet also, and not just to characters....
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    The only way to get a pet above 110 healing is to discord it. Since you don't have a bard on another account or friends that know anything, you should stick with 110.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    The only way to get a pet above 110 healing is to discord it. Since you don't have a bard on another account or friends that know anything, you should stick with 110.
    Well, the point is to assess whether it is worth it to go to 120 Healing first, THEN, one can think about discording.... and there is also always Satyrs....
    Why are you so unwilling to go to test and try for yourself??
    McDougle said:
    Why are you so unwilling to go to test and try for yourself??
    I would agree with you but how do you get a Cu to 110 or 120 ASAP in order to test this.  Give us set skill for pets would be greatly needed.
    Well us folks that are tamers have these pets already...and not to make personal attacks but based on all of popps other post I'm not sure he has the ability to train his pet to 120...
    To put my money where my mouth is if @popps has any cu or Triton trained to 110 i will bring him a 120 healing free. 
    McDougle said:
    To put my money where my mouth is if @ popps has any cu or Triton trained to 110 i will bring him a 120 healing free. 
    @McDougle

popps said:
    McDougle said:
    To put my money where my mouth is if @ popps has any cu or Triton trained to 110 i will bring him a 120 healing free. 
    @ McDougle

What shard @popps !!
    edited September 2021
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    @ McDougle

What shard @ popps !!
    Catskills @McDougle , if you want to Lore the CU-Sidhe by yourself, or someone you know if you do not have enough Animal Lore on that Shard, just let me know a day and time <span>:smiley:</span>
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    edited September 2021
    I would be remiss if I didn’t add: the higher your pet’s wrestling, the more often they are hitting. The more often they hit the less they are taking hits, helping them live longer. In addition, parrying doesn’t rise until your pet GMs wrestling. You’ll want that, too.
    Jepeth said:
    I would be remiss if I didn’t add: the higher your pet’s wrestling, the more often they are hitting. The more often they hit the less they are taking hits, helping them live longer. In addition, parrying doesn’t rise until your pet GMs wrestling. You’ll want that, too.
    And, I understand, for pets with native healing, the less the pet is hit, the less it is interrupted through the healing process which is a good thing considering that each interrupting causes the loss of 35% of the health points possible to be healed....

https://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/healing.php
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    Yes? I didn’t say they should be getting hit. Wrestling and parrying help with that.
    Why would you spend that much time on raising healing and have the melee stats so low.

No wonder you get no drops.
    edited September 2021
    Pawain said:
    Why would you spend that much time on raising healing and have the melee stats so low.

No wonder you get no drops.
    Because, I thought that healing should be the # 1 thing to train on a pet because it is hard to be raised ?

And if its melee skills are higher, it would take less damage and thus use bandages less and so raise the healing skill slower ?

I seem to understand that some pets' Skills should be raised before others... like a list of "priorities"....
    edited September 2021
    Turn off your browser PLAY!

Pets gain skills while playing also.
    Pawain said:
    Turn off your browser PLAY!

Pets gain skills while playing also.
    Indeed, pets gain skills while playing yet, some players feel that this way, it takes a whole lot more to fully train skills on a pet (or a character)....

"Focused" training, one skill at a time, gets the job done faster, some players feel.......
    Focusing on one skill a terrible idea first healing doesn't rise without anatomy and if your anatomy gets too ahead of your tactics you are never going to raise tactics..etc
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Huh? You raise tactics like any melee skill, fight something within 35 of you. Anat raises passively from healing and melee. You can raise healing witbout anat, just cant cure or rez.
    Well Popps has a pet with max Healing.  Only took 3 + years.  Now he can spend a year on Anatomy making sure he does it the most efficient way.
    Pawain said:
    Well Popps has a pet with max Healing.  Only took 3 + years.  Now he can spend a year on Anatomy making sure he does it the most efficient way.
    He has a 120 healing scoll now  ;)