I could not enter my own UO House, anyone had this happen to them ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,903
My UO house is owned by some other character on that account.

I was playing with a character on that account who is not the House owner.

When I recalled back after doing something, as I tried to enter the House owned by this account (on another character), I was met by a message saying that I could not, and, indeed, I could not reaise up the stairs.... I went to check the House sign with this character, and it still said that the house was owned by another character on that same account but this one character not allowed in, could not actually interact with the House sign, I could only read the generic House sign info.

So I went to a public Inn, logged off, and logged back in with the actual character that owns the House.

No issues whatsoever, the actual character that owns the House was already inside, could interact with the House sign fine and all cool and dandy.

So, I logged off with the house owner and back in with the other character on the same account who I logged off at a Inn.

Recalled to my House, and this one time everything was back to normal, was able to get in, was able to interact with the House sign and all fine.

So, what gives ?

Why was my character not allowed in my own house just minutes before ?

First time this has happened to me.

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited September 2021
    "had you or your pet (by area damage)accidentally attacked a player recently?"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    There's many ways he could have flagged  .
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Yoshi said:
    "had you or your pet (by area damage)accidentally attacked a player recently?"
    I may have, but was a Guildie, actually, an ally....

Does that flag and prevent one to get into one's own Home ?
    edited September 2021
    "hmm, think so yes (I don't often attack my own allys)"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    you may not enter a home when in 'heat of battle'.
    Mariah said:

"This is incorrect, you may only not enter a home if you're the aggressor, you still receive the heat of battle (de)buff when you're attacked"
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I acceed to your greater knowledge on the topic.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Yoshi said:
    Mariah said:

"This is incorrect, you may only not enter a home if you're the aggressor, you still receive the heat of battle (de)buff when you're attacked"
    Would stealing label you as the aggressor?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way...