Slayer talisman questions

I is nubz do slayer talisman only works for melee? 
So the new demon talisman does casters no good?
If so could we get spellbooks with like mods? Maybe sweet new bard slayers wink wink @Kyronix
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited September 2021
    McDougle said:
    I is nubz do slayer talisman only works for melee? 
    So the new demon talisman does casters no good?
    If so could we get spellbooks with like mods? Maybe sweet new bard slayers wink wink @ Kyronix
    That's a gross disadvantage for spellcasters....

Infact, if they want to equip a Mage Weapon to increase their defense chance, they loose the slayer on their spellbook as well as other properties that the spellbook had, but which the Mage Weapon likely is lacking....

It would be nice to see Spellbooks that "also" are Mage Weapons.... after all, a heavy book can parry also heavy hits and if used on someone's head, it can quite hurt.....
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    30 % demon slayer books are on vendor search. Can make 25s.

Pvm mage does not need dci. What mage punches ?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Pawain said:

It's more a case of warriors have slayer weapons do they need a boost with talismans? And my bard has to punch stuff cuz we haven't got anything in years  ;)
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I also hear necromancer spellbooks with slayer properties don’t even act as a slayer for necro spells. 
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited September 2021
    Pawain said:

Demon slayer scrapper compendium (25SDI) are not practical to make.  Super slayers are a tiny % build chance, even when using the guaranteed improvement talisman.  Think odds of maybe 5% when a slayer book is built (and any slayer is maybe 15% chance when making book -- when using guaranteed improve talisman!).  The cost of materials will far exceed that of purchasing invasion variant of the spell books. This is why the scrapper super slayer books are usually >150M.

That said, a standard 0SDI demon slayer crafted book is more likely to drop, far cheaper to make, and the damage difference vs, 25+SDI isn't huge.

re: mage.  DCI is useful if you are retargeted by a boss/paragon, as is the balakai staff useful.  Better be quick with the macros.

There was a kryss trade-in at the wildfire event, had SDI, FC1, and a slayer (plus the dreaded antique).  My guess is that was a game mechanics boo-boo -- no slayer benefit for a mage, as noted here...

Most of what in this thread is properly dealt with via good macros.

I don't need help with macros and I'm pushing almost 200 sdi but that still doesn't make it fair that warriors get ways to double up slayers 
  • McDougle said:
    I don't need help with macros and I'm pushing almost 200 sdi but that still doesn't make it fair that warriors get ways to double up slayers 
    Just need a new spellbook with 100SDI and a new shield with 50SDI...

At least in PvM, mages have many advantage over warrior.  Spells aren't parried or whiffed...

The doubling of slayers may not be intentional, for warriors, hard to say.
    There is a reason you see very few mages... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    McDougle said:
    There is a reason you see very few mages... 
    Because you or popps would not know how to play one. Most tamers are mages. I have spare demon books on LS.
    We could teach you how to play a tamer mage.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Lol oh paddy cakes i can't wait for our quality time 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Mages need single handed mage weapons that can be equipped in the left hand. That way the mage can hold both a spell book and a weapon at the same time.
    dvvid said:
    I also hear necromancer spellbooks with slayer properties don’t even act as a slayer for necro spells. 
    Yes, I was told that too.....
    Pawain said:

Demon slayer scrapper compendium (25SDI) are not practical to make.  Super slayers are a tiny % build chance, even when using the guaranteed improvement talisman.  Think odds of maybe 5% when a slayer book is built (and any slayer is maybe 15% chance when making book -- when using guaranteed improve talisman!).  The cost of materials will far exceed that of purchasing invasion variant of the spell books. This is why the scrapper super slayer books are usually >150M.

That said, a standard 0SDI demon slayer crafted book is more likely to drop, far cheaper to make, and the damage difference vs, 25+SDI isn't huge.

re: mage.  DCI is useful if you are retargeted by a boss/paragon, as is the balakai staff useful.  Better be quick with the macros.

There was a kryss trade-in at the wildfire event, had SDI, FC1, and a slayer (plus the dreaded antique).  My guess is that was a game mechanics boo-boo -- no slayer benefit for a mage, as noted here...

Most of what in this thread is properly dealt with via good macros.

I would like to see more Mage Weapons such as the Balakai staff with -0 Magery property, but carrying Slayer properties that work when casting  spells, actually....

Now, that would put spellcasters more on an equal footing as Warriors.....
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited September 2021
    popps said:

I would like to see more Mage Weapons such as the Balakai staff with -0 Magery property, but carrying Slayer properties that work when casting  spells, actually....

Now, that would put spellcasters more on an equal footing as Warriors.....

That change would likely negate all need for slayer spellbooks.

Maybe a special pair of glasses that "holds" a spellbook of your choosing, think of it like "google glass", beams the spell book pages right into your eyeballs, leaving the weapon hand free.

Flip side, a properly used mage is hard to out damage.

On the idea of mage weapon -0, toss gargs some love, give them a soul glaive with mage weapon -0.