Lets Discuss and fix PvP for Everyone Now

2»

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    @Mervyn correct me if I am wrong but aren't you of the people that says we need to merge shards and here you want to make another dead shard.  If Fel was so great then everybody would be in Fel but they are not.  
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Never said to merge shards. Show me where I ever said that. So yeah you are wrong on so many levels: 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• ezikelezikel Posts: 90

I think the pvp is well balanced. But need some editing. the tamer should have the damage reduction at 40% and not at 50% to be viable yet not overpowered. on a mage / bush evade should have a maximum of damage that he can avoid. max corpse skin should be when the necro has 120 necro and ss
  • Fel is dead because it is massive and there's almost no point going there other than PvP. Yes you can get scrolls, but there is SO MUCH trammel ruleset content, that there is no need to go get scrolls when you can just farm some boss and buy them. So if 30% of the game was fel rules, no it wouldn't be dead, it would be a completely different beast.

Also UO is not "every other game" with battlegrounds. Those games are for 12 year olds. UO is one of the only games that stays true to classic RPG's. PvP is not just about killing other players. In UO PvP used to be more than that, and it used to make the game beautiful. It is about freedom, about being able to play your character, and to feel the game. Yes, killing PvM chars can be lame, but if your char is some opportunistic ass, that is what your  char is and that makes the game real. That also enhances gameplay as it forces players to play together, by never going out alone and bringing friends to protect them from real dangers. Playing solo against a machine all day long makes no sense at all, why would you even play UO? go play witcher or wtver.
  • ThoronnarThoronnar Posts: 6
    edited April 2018
    Lynzi said:
    As for Tamers, I can say I'm not alone in thinking they did not belong in PvP anyway, if you need to fight with a monster by your side then maybe you should be fighting monsters... 

What is the logic behind this argument? I keep hearing this over and over again. "If you need to fight with a monster by your side" nobody "needs" to fight with a monster by their side. They choose to, because they think it is FUN. "then maybe you should be fighting monsters". What? I don't even need to comment about that part, where is the logical correlation between those two statements? This argument is the absurdity of absurd.

The pet is the tamer's weapon. And I don't think there's anything wrong with building a PvP tamer.
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    edited May 2018
    Bilbo gets triggered by anything that has to do with Fel, or the way UO was before Trammel. 

Heres what is funny to me, you know how many countless people left UO because the game's risk / danger factor was removed in like 90% of the game? Think about it this way, UO used to have nearly a million players. Then came Trammel. Where are we now? I love UO. But lets be real. its been divided by play styles in the actual game world, and now we are not united at all. Seriously they need to make the Faction system or chaos vs order more meaningful for sure. Being red was way more fun a long time ago, now its wack. I mean wtf being a theif is dumb unless you wanna just hang out in the star room and wait for ppl that come from champs.... they took all the fun out of the original game. Oh u cant steal from them cause they went to trammel to be insulated from the actual game.

Also I'm tired of ppl blaming gold duping that happened a decade ago for the inflated economy. Its powder of fortification that's causing so many issues with inflation. Nothing valuable breaks anymore. 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Bilbo gets triggered by anything that has to do with Fel, or the way UO was before Trammel. 

Heres what is funny to me, you know how many countless people left UO because the game's risk / danger factor was removed in like 90% of the game? Think about it this way, UO used to have nearly a million players. Then came Trammel. Where are we now? I love UO. But lets be real. its been divided by play styles in the actual game world, and now we are not united at all. Seriously they need to make the Faction system or chaos vs order more meaningful for sure. Being red was way more fun a long time ago, now its wack. I mean wtf being a theif is dumb unless you wanna just hang out in the star room and wait for ppl that come from champs.... they took all the fun out of the original game. Oh u cant steal from them cause they went to trammel to be insulated from the actual game.

Also I'm tired of ppl blaming gold duping that happened a decade ago for the inflated economy. Its powder of fortification that's causing so many issues with inflation. Nothing valuable breaks anymore. 
    And again with the miss information about UO pre Tram.  Isn't it funny how UO was dying and then they made Tram and UO had it best days all up to AoS.  Just amazing how well you know UO.
  • DavoDavo Posts: 46
    besides all the cheating and disparity between the 2 clients, para spamming and curse needs to be addressed. para should work first time but have diminishing chance to work over and over, or have timer. curse is just too powerful. u get curse, u eat apple but just get recursed again and it lasts way to long . why dosent recursing have a timer like the apple or diminishing chance of success?