Pub 111 Bird Slayer

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited September 2021 in Test Center
Bug fixes:
Added the phoenix, greater phoenix, turkey, and giant turkey to the bird slayer list

"tested this with bird slayer, is working,

But tested wildfire ostard, bird slayer talisman still not working, this should've been higher priority fix before even pub 111 as was introduced in publish 110 and people are using wildfire ostards more than phoenix"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    edited September 2021
    The fix clearly states the mobs that were affected.

Why did you expect anything different?  Maybe they feel those are too easy to kill already.  For an experienced PvPer at least.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited September 2021
    "so.. if i didn't already report this bug, and went onto test centre and found bird slayer talismans now working for phoenix but now not working for wildfire ostard, that would be okay to fix for publish 111?

But because i already reported it then no they're not fixing....even though they're playing with bird slayers... "
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Maybe they intended for it to not work on players pets?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    "maybe they should just file all bugs as intended"
    Does a mage slayer work on players with magery? It should or at least that's how it seems to me. 
    "bird slayer talisman works on player's tamed phoenix, and bird slayer spellbook works on player's wf ostards"
    edited September 2021
    "this should not have cleared publish 110 even, this is UO-CAH fault for only testing with spellbook and not informing poeple they only done half test and we're all suffering because of their oversight?"
    This is Merv's opinion perhaps he is getting pwned by tamers and comes here in frustration....
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Yoshi said:
    "this should not have cleared publish 110 even, this is UO-CAH fault for only testing with spellbook and not informing poeple they only done half test and we're all suffering because of their oversight?"

uo-cah are not tasked with testing publishes, they do it because they care. There's nothing stopping you doing your own testing to confirm, disprove or enhance their findings  NO blame attaches to them, so stop apportioning it to them.
    edited September 2021
    @McDougle and @Pawain If you do not go to fel, how is correcting the bird slayer vuln going to affect you?

should not affect any trammel players”
    Your assumptions are typical merv/yoshi but my play style has been nerfed many times by overzealous pvper crying in the wind because they couldn't adapt...pvpers are very vocal yet i only hear you...
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    edited September 2021
    Yoshi said:
    It would not be the first time one of their members has demonstrated self interest in their playstyle over the intended game mechanics, but as i say i gave them the benefit of the doubt and put it down to an 'oversight'. 
    “The lady doth protest too much.”
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Yoshi said:
    “ @ McDougle and @ Pawain If you do not go to fel, how is correcting the bird slayer vuln going to affect you?

should not affect any trammel players”
    Who is using a bird as a pet in PvP that has your panties in a bunch. 
    All slayers work the same in Tram just like they work in Fel.
    To everybody else didn't you know that Yoshi/Merv speaks for all Fel players, well with the exception of my houses they are all No Trespassing to Yoshi/Merv.
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    edited September 2021
    It'S a bug if it works with spellbooks it should also work with weapons slayer, McDougle you are so annoying, Merv do so much bug testing and reporting he should almost be rewarded , he uses more of his time testing bugs than the devs at this point. But blaming cah for that I dont think it's the right way.

Have you tested on fresh wildfire ostards  @Yoshi or trained ones ? I know it says their pack instincts are removed if trained, maybe it also affect slayers...
    I'm not saying it's working or not but if blacksmith cant kill a bird without a slayer maybe his opinion on pvp matters should carry less weight..
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited September 2021
    Back when Wildfire Ostards were first put on TC, i had tested a Bird Slayer Talisman against them, and it worked. https://community.stratics.com/threads/wildfire-ostard-upgraded-on-tc-stats.421086/#post-3076058
    If it's not working against them now, then that's a recent change.

Dinosaur/Reptile Slayer doesn't apply to the Tyrannosaurus Rex either. For some odd reason, Dinosaur Slayer behaves as a Super Slayer (+100% Damage), despite the fact than an already existing Super Slayer, Reptile Slayer, applies to the same mobs as well. They should really make Dinosaur Slayer into a Lesser Slayer (+200% Damage).
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Slayer for wildfire ostard is a strictly pvp problem as, unlike phoenix, greater phoenix etc, there is no wild spawn for a pvm player to fight, possibly explaining why a pvm group of players would not think to test for it. I am going to close this 'test center' thread and suggest that a new thread, highlighting the pvp nature of this problem, be started in the bug forum.
This discussion has been closed.