Going live today

Origin,Baja ,etc !!
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    So...besides the insanity that is looming around pack animals....

The NON-pack animal issue was not tested I believe...

• Bonded pets (Non-pack animal) can no longer go wild and will no longer respond to commands from their owner until the pet owner feeds the pet
    • Dead bonded pets no longer decay until after 24 hours of in-game time have passed
    I hope the publish is on Origin long enough to test this.

I do have pets I can test this on.

I think I read through all of the posts regarding this publish but there are many bug fixes in this patch that I didn't see mention of?

• Resolved issue that would prevent some castles & keeps from converting to newer styles
    • Resolved issue where a player using the Flaming Shot archery master ability would not be able to use another special move when targeting a mobile
    • Added the phoenix, greater phoenix, turkey, and giant turkey to the bird slayer list
    • The skull longsword, skull gnarled staff, and bake-kitsune hat are now repairable
    • Resolved issue where Artisan Festival bedskirts would not unfold/fold properly
    • Resolved issue where players on a quest could enter into a broken state and no longer access their quest journal
    • Resolved issue where the Runic Atlas could enter into a broken state
    • Resolved issue where party members (and pets) of a bard using resilience do not receive all expected benefits
    • Resolved issue where when Hit Velocity procs, it negates slayer damage bonus of the original hit
    The Castle/Keep issue was discussed but I did not see a resolution.

I was unable to transfer my archer to TC so will test the Flaming Shot thing, maybe others will.

Had no idea the runic atlas could enter into a broken state....what exactly does that mean?

Anyway...happy further testing...though I think most people will be in Hythloth if that goes live.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I think spawn should go before hythloth if past events are followed? But It's my Monday and I'm stuck at work 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    @Larisa the broken state on Runic Atlas
    if you added a ship rune to the book
    you couldn't use the default on the book

now you can

• VioletViolet Posts: 368
    Larisa said:
    So...besides the insanity that is looming around pack animals....

The NON-pack animal issue was not tested I believe...

Says who?
    @ Larisa the broken state on Runic Atlas
    if you added a ship rune to the book
    you couldn't use the default on the book

now you can

Ouch! I don't use them so I would never have known about this! Glad they fixed that!

Violet...I have not seen anything posted about the non-pack animal testing.

IE - Getting a pet, killing it and leaving the ghost in game for 24 hours 
    AND
    Having a pet lose loyalty to the point it would normally go wild (I saw Merv's Giant Beetle go wild but that's a pack animal so might be different?)

Anyway, will test myself.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I took a bonded frenzied Ostard to the testing house I currently have on test shard. Parked it outside and went in, out of its line of sight. It quite quickly gave a message 'looks around desperately' and gave 'very happy' as the loyalty rating.I left it out there for approximately 40 minutes (until I got bored) It didn't drop below 'very happy'. 
    I went out to it and called 'all follow me'. It turned to look at me, but didn't move. This seems to be 'as intended' but I can not be sure if the loyalty would have dropped any lower had I waited an hour or two.
    Larisa said:

IE - Getting a pet, killing it and leaving the ghost in game for 24 hours 
    AND
    Having a pet lose loyalty to the point it would normally go wild (I saw Merv's Giant Beetle go wild but that's a pack animal so might be different?)

Anyway, will test myself.
    Just because it hasn't been posted here doesn't mean it hasn't been tested. Not all players frequent this forum or that other one.

Mariah said:
    I took a bonded frenzied Ostard to the testing house I currently have on test shard. Parked it outside and went in, out of its line of sight. It quite quickly gave a message 'looks around desperately' and gave 'very happy' as the loyalty rating.I left it out there for approximately 40 minutes (until I got bored) It didn't drop below 'very happy'. 
    I went out to it and called 'all follow me'. It turned to look at me, but didn't move. This seems to be 'as intended' but I can not be sure if the loyalty would have dropped any lower had I waited an hour or two.
    The LOS loyalty check in game, last we checked, was a 2 loyalty drop on a 2 hour cycle (this is something  Bleak has tinkered with over the past couple years).

At very happy the game is still using the pass/fail of commands.

It wasn't until much lower loyalty in our testing that the new code kicks in, it doesn't kick in until the pet would go wild before.
    I was just asking. It would be nice if people posted what they test so we all know. Some things like the flaming arrow bug or the Runic Atlas bug I had no idea they even existed because I don't use those things...but it's always nice to know.

I guess  I like to share my findings with others.

Will be testing the pet loyalty thing later.

What is live champ spawn or hythloth
    Mariah said:
    How long did it take before the *Looks around Desperately* message?

I have one of my pets outside of my castle, I am on the second floor. I hope that it can't see me from down there! lol but so far after 20 minutes it's still wonderfully happy.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    hmm, I cast invis, it got desperate before the invis wore off.
    edited September 2021

Okay you can see where I am...up one floor and in the hallway. I tried again with invis. It's still wonderfully happy.

What do I have to do? LOL Like I've always said, I never have a problem with my pets....now that I am TRYING to piss it off it's not working :(

Okay EDIT!

Apparently it can still see me from there....which defies  all logic! I gave it the all stay command and it did...I moved one tile north, did it again and then I got the message. So I spammed ALL STAY and after about 9 times it went to extremely happy so you have to be REALLY Far away even if you're on a second floor it can still *see* you somehow....

So I took one step closer, told it to ALL STAY and it went back to Wonderfully Happy....

:/

LoS.jpg 143.6K

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Larisa said:

Okay you can see where I am...up one floor and in the hallway. I tried again with invis. It's still wonderfully happy.

What do I have to do? LOL Like I've always said, I never have a problem with my pets....now that I am TRYING to piss it off it's not working :(

Okay EDIT!

Apparently it can still see me from there....which defies  all logic! I gave it the all stay command and it did...I moved one tile north, did it again and then I got the message. So I spammed ALL STAY and after about 9 times it went to extremely happy so you have to be REALLY Far away even if you're on a second floor it can still *see* you somehow....

So I took one step closer, told it to ALL STAY and it went back to Wonderfully Happy....

:/

I do not know about your House but my pets, when I am out in places fighting, as soon as they loose sight with me get the message pop up that they are looking for me desperatedly...

Now, to be honest, I did not check whether that message automatically drops happiness, usually, when it happens, I feed them by default just to play safe...
    edited September 2021
    Larisa said:

I guess  I like to share my findings with others.

So do others.  We post our findings on our website and our discord,it's the easiest places to post with the least amount of noise and/or incorrect info.  As Tyrath says, he posts on facebook.  People are testing and sharing all over.

Larisa said:
    How long did it take before the *Looks around Desperately* message?

I have one of my pets outside of my castle, I am on the second floor. I hope that it can't see me from down there! lol but so far after 20 minutes it's still wonderfully happy.
     The LOS check is on a 2 hour global timer (server side check).  If you start your test and you just missed it, you will have to wait until the next check.  
    Larisa said:

Apparently it can still see me from there....

Actually it cannot see you from there. When the global LOS check initiates it will fail the check and lose 2 levels of loyalty.  Pets can still hear commands from inside a house however. 
    Well when I said all follow me it came right to me...so ...it must know where I am.

And if the LoS check is every 2 hours...how did my pet go from Wonderfully to Extremely back to wonderfully with me doing the exact same thing in the span of 5 minutes?

Spam...check loyalty...Extremely...spam...check again...wonderfully.

edited September 2021
    Failed commands lower loyalty, Successful commands can raise loyalty. That's the way it's been forever.

Not trying to be insulting here, but do you play your tamer often?
    I DID test packies....many times....posted about it too.

And no I always wait to test things like that on Origin since it IS a test shard and I don't have to fiddle with making weapons and armor. I like to test things like that with the weapons and armor I play with on a daily basis.

I play my tamer every day, if the command was successful, then why did it look around desperately? 

Also may I note that I NEVER get that message when I play normally, I have never lost a pet or had one go wild. 

Larisa said:
    I play my tamer every day, if the command was successful, then why did it look around desperately? 

That is a message that has a chance to show when a pet is commanded and not in los of the tamer. It was added in Publish 110

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    Violet said:
    Failed commands lower loyalty, Successful commands can raise loyalty. That's the way it's been forever.

I have wanted to say that.

Agree anyone who plays a tamer would test in a place where they get messages from normal play.
    Testing at your house 4 squares away from the pet is not testing.

Use your pet daily you will see the pet messages. Popps sees them.  I can be on the same screen and the pet looks around confused.  The added messages and pets not going wild are wonderful.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    @McDougle ; We will get stuff soon enough. Patience.
    Pawain said:
    Violet said:

I have wanted to say that.

Agree anyone who plays a tamer would test in a place where they get messages from normal play.
    Testing at your house 4 squares away from the pet is not testing.

Use your pet daily you will see the pet messages. Popps sees them.  I can be on the same screen and the pet looks around confused.  The added messages and pets not going wild are wonderful.
    The problem is...as I have stated many many MANY times....I do not get that message....ever...period. I have never lost a pet, had a pet go wild or disappear. I have said many times that I do not understand why it happens to some and not all. I have done every Treasures 
    Of event with my tamer.

And I did the same thing Mariah did with her pet and she said her pet lost loyalty rather quickly...mine did not, doing the same thing she did.

Example pet loyalty testing.

1.  A player needs to go afk. He recalls to Luna with his pet. The player runs past the Paladins and the pet hangs on them.  The player keeps running upstairs not noticing the pet is gone. Goes AFK.

2. A player is skilling a pet on the shadow eles in the Mines. He needs to go afk.  The calls the pet and runs to the exit so he can recall.  The pet hangs on a curve. The player does not notice, he exits and recalls to his afk spot in Luna.  Pet stays in Dungeon.

Two things that happen all the time. 

1. Pet stays happy for a lot of hours.

2. Pet does not stay happy for lots of hours.

Yoshi did a very good test to cause a pet to lose loyalty.

The messages were added in a previous publish.  Now we have most pets Bonded to us forever.

I'm ready to move on to new stuff.  First a day or two to collect Anniversary rewards.
    An EM on TC looking at the deco for the events for his shard.

Why arent pet costumes on Origin?
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Some posts have been removed. Let's stay focused on the publish.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
     I will share a little bit of my testing here.  Used 3 different tamers and tamed 5 lessers on each since I was hunting for color just tamed them instead of killing them.  Took them to one of the pet prison houses and parked them 5 per cage.  Logged the 3 tamers out and went pirate hunting and came back to the prison house once per hour.  Lored one out of each group with the 4th tamer that I was pirate hunting with.  After the first four hours they were less than wonderfully happy.  Went and fed the cattle and hogs had a few beers in the shop, went to the cabin and ate some lunch, returned to the *Mike Cave* Logged on and they were not very happy at all Probably around 6 hours in at that point.  Hunted pirates/Beacons another couple hours came back to Prison house and all had gone wild. Killed and looted them all and the end of the story. Make of it what you will.

edited September 2021
    So what are we testing on Origin right now Hythloth not active the champ spawn unless it moved is not active just pet loyalty ?

maybe i missed it but patch notes telling us which parts had gone live might be good ?? 
    edited September 2021
    Larisa said:
    The problem is...as I have stated many many MANY times....I do not get that message....ever...period. I have never lost a pet, had a pet go wild or disappear. I have said many times that I do not understand why it happens to some and not all. I have done every Treasures 
    Of event with my tamer.

And I did the same thing Mariah did with her pet and she said her pet lost loyalty rather quickly...mine did not, doing the same thing she did.
    We have never lost a pet via the loyalty system or had a pet go wild.  

The problem is you and Mariah tried to get the pet to lose loyalty via the LOS loyalty loss, which again is server initiated routine that runs once every two hours.  You are not grasping the mechanics of this and then wondering why you and Mariah did not get the same results.

Maybe an example will help you understand, all times are eastern, the tamers were out of line of sight of the pets:

Today at 12:24 there was a loyalty check on baja:
    my tamer's fire steed went from wonderfully happy to very happy
    2 drops of loyalty

Today at 2:24 the loyalty check happened again on baja:
    my tamer's fire steed went from very happy to happy
    at the same time my second tamer's nightmare went from wonderfully happy to very happy
    2 drops of loyalty for both tamers

I logged off after this check to test some other stuff.

Today at 6:24 the loyalty check happened again on baja:
    my tamer's fire steed went from happy to somewhat content 

When the next check is performed at 8:24 pm, if that tamer and fire steed are online and that pet is out of los, the loyalty will go down by 2.

Some other things, and this, is how it's been on production shard for least a year:

If you are on a different subserver from your pet when the LOS routine runs every 2 hours, your pet is put into the temporary offline stable.  It is believed if you take out another pet during this time or even an ethereal, the other pet is lost for good.  You may have to log in multiple times for the pet to reappear and there may even be a certain series of events that makes it lost for good, unable to confirm.

This temporary stable is still functioning on baja as it does on production.

@Violet ok so i have my 5 slot beetle loaded on origin how should i "abuse" her in an effort to test ?
  • I think I missed it somewhere. When is the Hythloth event hitting the 3 shards?
    Yes this is what I'm trying to grasp.

I did the same thing as Tyrath.....not for 6 hours but I parked a bonded pet..maybe because his aren't bonded...because the patch notes say BONDED pets.

I had it follow me, got it stuck on a house, kept going, recalled home and logged out. 4 hours later I logged back in and it was logged in with me and wonderfully happy.  Also note that it was logged out in Luna and my home is on Ice Island.