Any idea when we will see new content in UO?

crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
edited April 2018 in General Discussions
Just curious, I never want it to end ! @Kyronix

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited April 2018
    Please no, we have waited 100 patches for a pure bug fixing patch. Which is what people have been asking for for about 10 years. And they probably won’t even fix half the bugs submitted, unless it’s something related to dyes or cooking or palemino horses...

5 years people have been hitting with feint and it acting like warcry to reduce damage from all targets?

And how long have people been bypassing pet summoning restrictions by logging out and in to get their pets to locations where pet summoning is not allowed. 

Patch 101 I believe is a VvV update, but I’d be fine with the next 10 publishes being bug fixes.

I am more excited about this bug fixing patch than any other patch. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• PureLifePureLife Posts: 54
    sounds like someone is going to be disappointed with the bug fix publish.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    WOW we just got Taming and EJ and already whining for more.  Lets get the BUG Pub (as many needed) before going to more content.
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    I'm fine with a bug fix too, I just was curious when the next publish would be, and how often they happen. I'm not whining about it. 
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Pub 100 is our bug fix publish.  Next content-rich publish will be Pub 101.
  • FatFat Posts: 97
    Mervyn said:

And how long have people been bypassing pet summoning restrictions by logging out and in to get their pets to locations where pet summoning is not allowed. 

IIRC this system exists to help prevent the loss of pets during internet outages, shard downtime, and random server fkucery. If it they do this, I guarantee it costs subscribers,
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Kyronix said:

I hope it has High Seas 2.0 in it.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    edited April 2018
    Kyronix said:

That is definitely something on our radar, but not for Pub 101. While I don't have an ETA on when High Seas 2.0 would happen, you should feel encouraged to start a thread to get the community discussing what exactly would be part of such an update!  I know simplifying the cannon firing & crafting process as well as addressing some of the issues with the pirate hunting are high on the list!
    Fat said:
    Mervyn said:

IIRC this system exists to help prevent the loss of pets during internet outages, shard downtime, and random server fkucery. If it they do this, I guarantee it costs subscribers,
    What is supposed to happen is, your pet logs out to stables when your character logs out, and you must retrieve it from the stable upon login to prevent exploit of summoning pets to areas where pet summoning is not allowed. No loss of pet involved. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• Lieutenant_DanLieutenant_Dan Posts: 195
    edited April 2018
    Mervyn said:
    Fat said:
    Mervyn said:

What is supposed to happen is, your pet logs out to stables when your character logs out, and you must retrieve it from the stable upon login to prevent exploit of summoning pets to areas where pet summoning is not allowed. No loss of pet involved. 
    Thats all good except it costs money to stable a pet.  That would be like subscribing to something without your permission which in turn would be be a bigger bug than what already exists.  Therefore it seems that as it is now isn't bugged at all and is working as intended.  I hope that valuable Dev time isn't wasted on addressing this nonsense.

This would be a non issue if pet balls weren't bugged and worked all areas

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Mervyn said:
    Fat said:
    Mervyn said:

Sorry, but that is a horrible idea.  Any random disconnect during any content would mean the fight is over.  Pet logging just needs to follow them same rules as PvP.  If you are flagged in the heat of combat your pet doesn't log till the timer wears off.
  • So much game content we don't even know what to do with it anymore. And more coming peeps! so get ready for more emptiness.
    Kyronix said:
    Kyronix said:

That is definitely something on our radar, but not for Pub 101. While I don't have an ETA on when High Seas 2.0 would happen, you should feel encouraged to start a thread to get the community discussing what exactly would be part of such an update!  I know simplifying the cannon firing & crafting process as well as addressing some of the issues with the pirate hunting are high on the list!

It was discussed, and ideas were given, and some of us were lead to believe it was coming soon, it's a club though, and we have jackets.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Kyronix said:
    Kyronix said:

Maybe some love for your friendly neighborhood Artifact Hunters (thieves)?
    Kyronix said:
    Kyronix said:

It was discussed, and ideas were given, and some of us were lead to believe it was coming soon, it's a club though, and we have jackets.
    Wonderful!  Can you point me to that discussion on these forums?  A link would be great in case I missed it, which is a definite possibility!
    Kyronix said:
    Kyronix said:

You'll need to be a little more specific.  Broad requests like this are hard to action so we at least need some specifics to try and deliver on your expectations.
    edited April 2018
    Kyronix said:
    Kyronix said:
    Kyronix said:

Wonderful!  Can you point me to that discussion on these forums?  A link would be great in case I missed it, which is a definite possibility!

It was on another forum, there were several discussions there. :-) I believe it was also brought up at several M&Gs with positive Dev responses as to a future update.

Hold on a second, are you telling me that when you log out without stabling your pet, you’re not charged any stable fee at all? 

So you effectively get free stabling in the magical server stable?

edited April 2018
    Merus said:
    Mervyn said:
    Fat said:
    Mervyn said:

Sorry, but that is a horrible idea.  Any random disconnect during any content would mean the fight is over.  Pet logging just needs to follow them same rules as PvP.  If you are flagged in the heat of combat your pet doesn't log till the timer wears off.
    You’re correct it should follow the same rules as pvp and only log when the char logs out, but then if the char fully logs out after 5 mins, the pets need to be claimed from the stable to prevent exploitation of summoning pets to areas where pet summoning is not allowed. If you plan on travelling somewhere with a pet, and logging out and then continuing when you log in, that is what pet balls of summoning are for.

• Kyronix said:
    Kyronix said:
    Kyronix said:

You'll need to be a little more specific.  Broad requests like this are hard to action so we at least need some specifics to try and deliver on your expectations.
    *cracks knuckles* Alrighty, let's see...

So, I love what you've done with certain artifacts. The level 8 academic books from Bedlam, that can be used to make those bookcases are so cool!

I play a tamer, a crafter, and an artifact hunter. And lately I love playing my crafter and artifact hunter almost more than my tamer. So, how about expanding the idea just a little bit? Make some more artifacts used in crafting?

Examples:

The level 8 Blanket of Darkness: as a resource for a special type of bed, or the ability to use it without a campfire for insta log *flagging rules still apply*?

The level one skull candle: as a resource for a skull mug, made with hammer and chisel.

The level one rock: as a resource for making more statues with hammer and chisel.

The level 4 Saki and level 4 cups: Allow a carpenter to combine them with a tray to make a decorative tray of saki.

The level 3 books, level 7 dried up inkwell, and level 6 book of truth: scribe can make a library cart with books on it.

The possibilities are endless, and add value to items that are solely used for trash points at the moment. Decorating houses was a big thing for this game at one point. With players coming back, it will be again.

I like the idea of spawning stealables being an ingredient. +1

• DavoDavo Posts: 46

items that a thief steals becomes worthless soon after because many spawn like candy. making some as ingredients is good idea. I would like to know if any other doom arties/recipies will be added and when. doom room 2, the one with the bug might need to be looked at. the one that takes almost all your life and poisons u lol..

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Instead of new content, how bout we make the old content worthwhile?  Adjust the bod values to make sense.  Fix bod books to work locked down or in a chest.  Make a minimum value for drops at Ilsh spawns, its senseless for a pair to do a champ spawn and walk away with nothing but the gold, no scrolls, no worthwhile loot on the boss.  Crazy.  Make t-maps and sos's worth doing again.  Weight the bod givers RNG in our favor-it's sick when a legendary smith stands there gettting his 3 morning bods, and all 3 of them are 10 ct normal weapon bods-thats nuts!  Or when the scribe of a fully scrolled mage gets his 3, and they are all 10-15 pc 1st circle bods that have no large for them.  Why are there even energy vortex bods?  Who is gonna spend the time, scrolls, regs, and mana/meditation time to fill it?  (for 1 POINT!)  pointless, a waste of that pick.  Might want to up the odds on getting a large bod too.   And I could go on and on, but I won't bore yall any more than I have :D 
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    Copper wire is a good example.  Whenever I need it on Siege, I have to ask a thief to get it for me.
  • Margrette said:
    Copper wire is a good example.  Whenever I need it on Siege, I have to ask a thief to get it for me.
    tons of it on Pirate ships. Besides, there are no thieves on Siege . . .
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    Margrette said:
    Forgot about it being on ships.  
  • Margrette said:
    Margrette said:
    Forgot about it being on ships.  
    i think the merchant ones have more and are easier to get loot from.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Kyronix said:
    Kyronix said:
    Kyronix said:

I just saw this so excuse my late response. The possibilities are endless with stealing. You could have detect find hidden treasure bags randomly spawning across towns, land, dungeons and water. Kind of like t-maps without the maps. Loot could be scaled to tmap style since you have to get out and search for it.

Dungeon chest loot should get a revamp into modern era too.

Begging should be scaled into modern times as well by not only increasing gold into modern times but begging should be rewarded with random goods, ingredients, armor and up to major artifacts with a roughly the same chance of spawning a blaze cu as getting a major artifact. 

Whatever it is should not be based around quests or killing something. Not all templates enjoy or are set up for slaying nonstop.

If you build it, they will play it.

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915

If you build it, they will play it.

Unless it is another grindfest...just saying

• crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    Make all the useless skills great again. Fix stealing. Fix the murderer system, make Choas and Order again.