Test center and the lack of participation

Why oh why is test not full of people 
Reasons i hear 

I pay it's not my job to test

I used to but they never listened why bother 

I hear other BS but these are the main two

I say if you want any say better test anyway...
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    One I hear a lot and there was even a thread started about it is Char Copy being down.  People would like to test with their own equipment and it is very hard for a Tamer to test with a fully trained pet as it takes time to get it to 120.  Make sure Copy is working or give us a few days notice that TC is getting a new pub so we can copy and make sure that you do not wipe our chars.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    yep the character copy being down
    stopped some people from joining me in testing.

And when I went in to test the champ spawn
    someone told me that they were testing and for me to leave.
    (I wasn't trying to take over the spawn
    my beetle just takes off after stuff without me having to tell him.
    That's why I call him Beast)

even though he clearly needed help being healed
    (and his swampy needed rez'ed)
    I left as he so rudely requested

============

also note, that the butchers seemed more vicious this year
    and none of them carried carving kits
    Yes some people get very protective of what they consider their spawn, well guess what do not listen to them and you do your testing.  Sadly the account that has my fully trained dog on it is also doing some shard deliveries for players so even if Copy was up I couldn't do it @Kyronix please get char copy off the xfer system so we can do both in a 24 hour period.
  • 1. Character copy down
    2. I barely have enough time to play, so I'm not going to use that time on test unless it's something that I'm really interested in
    3. I did check out/test the things given on clickys - I hope this trend continues
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Test Center has been on the same "Shard" for a long time.  Some of my Allens there go way back before the last event arc.

This is a good reminder to transfer there anytime it is a fresh version so you will be prepared.

And since TC is on a different game version. We can not go there unless we make a new toon there in that game version.  TC has worked like this for a long time.

When you see that TC will get X soon, go there before X gets there.

Guess what, you may not be able to do shard transfers tomorrow. So go to Origin NOW.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    So when did they stop wiping TC every pub
    edited September 2021
    So when did they stop wiping TC every pub
    Long ago, but you expect everyone know every obscure game mechanic.  How do you think Anon and I have Top hats with stats.  We got them a long time ago.  Its been there so long I think I deleted the toon that has a rune to my house there, cause I cant find it.  I put the new palm trees in it.

Test center will get the same publish as all the shards when 110 goes live.  It just wont have the spawn or dungeon if they decide to turn that part off.
  • Various "ease of use" improvements have been suggested for TC.

Having to train pets up skill wise (versus having a gate or command for setting skills on test), missing powerscrolls, other missing items, etc, are a couple that I remember posting.  Removing store items from test is also odd.

The treasures of events on test, you should be able to hit a clicky or equivalent to get points.  Likewise, the clicky outside the dungeon for dropping items seems to only work once for a character, which seems a strange limitation.  (several of those items are meant to be used in the context of crafting or one time transmog operations).

For me, it's a matter of time management.  I checkout test, but only a small time budget for it.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Various "ease of use" improvements have been suggested for TC.

Having to train pets up skill wise (versus having a gate or command for setting skills on test), missing powerscrolls, other missing items, etc, are a couple that I remember posting.  Removing store items from test is also odd.

The treasures of events on test, you should be able to hit a clicky or equivalent to get points.  Likewise, the clicky outside the dungeon for dropping items seems to only work once for a character, which seems a strange limitation.  (several of those items are meant to be used in the context of crafting or one time transmog operations).

For me, it's a matter of time management.  I checkout test, but only a small time budget for it.

There was a clicky to get a barrel with all the rewards 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    They had a drone there we could test damage on pets with.  But it is gone. Only lasted a few weeks.  Id rather have that than pet skills.
    McDougle said:

Yup and we will soon find out why a bandage belt was included.
    LOL and I just bought First aid belts right before TC was published 
  • McDougle said:

See comment in bold.