Fall Dynamic Events Discussion

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    I want to see the Potion of Glorious Fortune return. There's quite a few drops i'd like to get this time around on two shards, and i'd rather buy the Potion (Broadsword/EA make $$$) and earn the Artifacts myself in my limited playtime, than try to buy the Artifacts from some third party seller.

Fair way of putting it. :)
  • Cookie said:
    I want to see the Potion of Glorious Fortune return. There's quite a few drops i'd like to get this time around on two shards, and i'd rather buy the Potion (Broadsword/EA make $$$) and earn the Artifacts myself in my limited playtime, than try to buy the Artifacts from some third party seller.

Fair way of putting it. :)

Especially considering some Rewards you simply can't find for sale on dead shards, even on third party sites. Good luck finding a Mark of Wildfire or Solaria's Secret Poisons for sale on Napa, in-game or on a seller site.
    Due to the "Shard Bound" trait on all the rewards, the only Rewards that were farmed up on dead shards, were the Wildfire Ostards, because once the Statuette was used, the Ostard itself can be shard transferred then sold.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Well, those, and the ones we wanted for ourselfs.
  • I still wonder why everyone wants "everything" on "every" shard, just because they have to have it?

You can't do that in real life either, can you?

Staying realistic obviously has its difficulties in games too.
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
  • Is there any way you guys could add this little spider tree to the list of rewards  for the Halloween dungeon. It's great art, spiders kinda go with Halloween to.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Is there any way you guys could add this little spider tree to the list of rewards  for the Halloween dungeon. It's great art, spiders kinda go with Halloween to.
    they should add that to trick or treating
    they already have cobwebs as rewards
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
     Since I have gone against my better judgement and am participating here a bit again...... I would like to see Rehued Serpents Jawbones now and then Hued to to color theme of the even, don't care if they are shard bound or not. Just think they would look cool.  And a pet in the top tier of rewards, hued the same color as the rest..... The puke green Ostard really was not working for me but would have been cool in just about any of the other color themes :)  Oh and revert mining and LJ back to static so I can go back to being a nice quiet miner and LJ and not have to build and play templates like tamers and sampires that I really have no interest in playing.  And then have to come on forums and be obnoxious because you made my chosen profession a scripter only activity.
  • Mene_DrachenfelsMene_Drachenfels Posts: 245
    edited September 2021
    @Kyronix ; and the other Dev Team

Ach ja... I like to have a feedback to these feedbacks :)
    After all, you want to know if anything arrives at all and if you're not just producing hot air :)

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    How about giving to Tamers a "Crystal Ball of Knowledge" BUT, that works for pets ?

That is, one that would tell, for each of the skills that the pet is training, whether that particular creature they are fighing with, is the best match for their current skill level for best skill training results ?

This could particularly be of help when training Wrestling and Tactics on the pet since, in order to gain, the target enemy must be within 25 skill points of the pet....
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Do you not use animal lore on the mob your pet is fighting?

Having said that, there are a few skills that are really, really hard to max out beyond GM on pets through normal game play, unless you discord them. I wish there were a way to do that without resorting to such tactics. Superior tasty treats that act like SoTs?  Only for those few skills that are hard.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903

Having said that, there are a few skills that are really, really hard to max out beyond GM on pets through normal game play, unless you discord them. I wish there were a way to do that without resorting to such tactics. Superior tasty treats that act like SoTs?  Only for those few skills that are hard.
    Unfortunately, Animal Lore does not work on quite a lot of MoBs....

I'd love to see "something" that worked like SoTs but for pets....
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited September 2021
    popps said:

Unfortunately, Animal Lore does not work on quite a lot of MoBs....

I'd love to see "something" that worked like SoTs but for pets....
    You really only need a few possible targets to train anything up to 120 in any skill.  Crazed mage, unbounded EVs, ogre lords (pre 120s), etc.

If you want the stats on entities that don't work with animal lore, use your player characters to derive the approximate numbers, using a crystal ball of knowledge.
  • Okay, this is a Fall Dynamic Discussion!! >:) The Cranky Crafters are in the midst of working their fingers to lil nubbies doing bods, hundreds of thousands of them right? So this is dynamic in my lil novel. There appears to be an issue with a couple major resources for cooking bods which slows things down terribly.  There is the lack of tribal berries, sugar and things cocoa. These can only be obtained from growing cocoa trees and sugar canes and killing female savages.  In talking to my fellow cranky crafters who actually do cooking bods, the amount generated in one bed is consumed, from what I understand, by filling one large bod. And we all know how long it takes for one garden bed to generate one turnover of resources. Just nine days to grow the dang plant and then 1 lil resource a day x 8 days. I am a patient woman but you can't fill a bod that way and make that elf happy!

So in all seriousness, there needs to be more ways to get these resources. Can they be put as loot on Monsters? Can we have new monsters? Sugar Bunnies? Coco Puffs? Maybe Male Savages could have berries that are... umm.. berries?

Our Cooks need help!

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    How many berries do the savages drop ? 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • I don't have an accurate %. But I just spent roughly 25 minutes killing female savages and less than 50% had a berry. It started off well but after a while seemed like the rate dropped significantly.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I shall slay the savage women!
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Okay, this is a Fall Dynamic Discussion!! >:) The Cranky Crafters are in the midst of working their fingers to lil nubbies doing bods, hundreds of thousands of them right? So this is dynamic in my lil novel. There appears to be an issue with a couple major resources for cooking bods which slows things down terribly.  There is the lack of tribal berries, sugar and things cocoa. These can only be obtained from growing cocoa trees and sugar canes and killing female savages.  In talking to my fellow cranky crafters who actually do cooking bods, the amount generated in one bed is consumed, from what I understand, by filling one large bod. And we all know how long it takes for one garden bed to generate one turnover of resources. Just nine days to grow the dang plant and then 1 lil resource a day x 8 days. I am a patient woman but you can't fill a bod that way and make that elf happy!

So in all seriousness, there needs to be more ways to get these resources. Can they be put as loot on Monsters? Can we have new monsters? Sugar Bunnies? Coco Puffs? Maybe Male Savages could have berries that are... umm.. berries?

Our Cooks need help!

Forward planning?  I have just over 500 each sugar and cocoa pulp, though I admit only 160 tribal berries. 
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
    edited October 2021
    Okay, this is a Fall Dynamic Discussion!! >:) The Cranky Crafters are in the midst of working their fingers to lil nubbies doing bods, hundreds of thousands of them right? So this is dynamic in my lil novel. There appears to be an issue with a couple major resources for cooking bods which slows things down terribly.  There is the lack of tribal berries, sugar and things cocoa. These can only be obtained from growing cocoa trees and sugar canes and killing female savages.  In talking to my fellow cranky crafters who actually do cooking bods, the amount generated in one bed is consumed, from what I understand, by filling one large bod. And we all know how long it takes for one garden bed to generate one turnover of resources. Just nine days to grow the dang plant and then 1 lil resource a day x 8 days. I am a patient woman but you can't fill a bod that way and make that elf happy!

Our Cooks need help!

Forward planning?  I have just over 500 each sugar and cocoa pulp, though I admit only 160 tribal berries. 
    It would be nice but I've never done cooking bods. There are many people on the shard who are helping with the Artisan Festival for the first time so for them there's no forward planning option. Right now there's a group that have planted seeds but that's going to be a 2 week delay before any ground is made. I think it makes some sense to rethink the options on how these resources can be obtained so that supply can meet demand.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971

Our Cooks need help!

It would be nice but I've never done cooking bods. There are many people on the shard who are helping with the Artisan Festival for the first time so for them there's no forward planning option. Right now there's a group that have planted seeds but that's going to be a 2 week delay before any ground is made. I think it makes some sense to rethink the options on how these resources can be obtained so that supply can meet demand.

Turn that category smalls in and get sushis or pies. Easier and worth more.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • This stubborn messenger is attempting to have the issue of that category reviewed. >:)
    This stubborn messenger is attempting to have the issue of that category reviewed. >:)
    Wait till they find out there are no wooden bowls after you are full of peas.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Pawain said:
    This stubborn messenger is attempting to have the issue of that category reviewed. >:)
    pewter bowls are good for making cocoa liquor
    (I actually made the mistake and bought the bowls of lettuce
    Afterwards, realized they weren't wooden lol)

wooden are for fruit bowls
    (in case people didn't know)
    Pawain said:
    pewter bowls are good for making cocoa liquor
    (I actually made the mistake and bought the bowls of lettuce
    Afterwards, realized they weren't wooden lol)

wooden are for fruit bowls
    (in case people didn't know)
    I think her original concern was about the larges that has the fruit basket and needed berries.

The wooden bowls are a larger issue if you are doing those.

Sweet Cocoa butter BODs go right to the floor.

• And I thought smithing and tailoring bods were bad.
    And I thought smithing and tailoring bods were bad.
    Wait till you see Tinkering and Carpentry.
  • Pawain said:
    And I thought smithing and tailoring bods were bad.
    Wait till you see Tinkering and Carpentry.

Nope, nope, nope and nope!
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited October 2021
    @AmberWitch I’m sensing that you are a no on the subject 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Don't let my prejudiced opinion stop you! *points to BOD donation box*
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    If there isn't going to be a transmogrification potion for belts I'd like to see stat's on the demon belt similar to Ozymandias' Obi. 

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited November 2021
    Riner said:
    If there isn't going to be a transmogrification potion for belts I'd like to see stat's on the demon belt similar to Ozymandias' Obi. 

Hopefully the new belt isn't just a blank belt target ... unless it can be imbued :)

Something just like Ozy Obi would be missing an opportunity -- why just a re-skinned existing item?

Something new and unique:
    "balron slayer"
    +25LRC
    +5 SDI
    +10 DI
    Holds shuriken (so compatible w/ninja belt).