Test Center 1 Update

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    LOL
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “okay perhaps was a misprint on the patch notes, would make more sense”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited September 2021
    "My 5 slot giant beetle went wild even when it was empty!

(when i lost control of it due to animal lore skill level drop, which in the field would happen under stat loss or discordance)
    But i guess this would never happen according to mcdoogle"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    *That has always been able to happen, pets go wild due to skill drop since the beginning of time. Please tell us something new*

Sorry Merv....I had to! But it's true....ALTHOUGH...if you're skills are so low that Disco or Stat Loss effects your ability to control pets THIS much? It's time to raise your skill a bit.

edited September 2021
    "publish 111 is supposed to prevent any pets from going wild, i'm not sure why they're allowing this to happen with fully scrolled 5 slot giant beetles just because they have a backpack? (even when empty)

Also, please tell me how you're able to maintain animal taming/lore at 108 skill while under VvV stat loss or discordance

asking for a friend

Please note, i do not own a 5 slot beetle, i am only trying to protect new players from getting upset"
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Feeding it might have helped too...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Yoshi said:
    "publish 111 is supposed to prevent any pets from going wild, i'm not sure why they're allowing this to happen with fully scrolled 5 slot giant beetles just because they have a backpack? (even when empty)

Also, please tell me how you're able to maintain animal taming/lore at 108 skill while under VvV stat loss or discordance

asking for a friend

Please note, i do not own a 5 slot beetle, i am only trying to protect new players from getting upset"
    So much of this is nonsense 
    First you have no 5 slot billons of gp beetle 
    Ok these new players you're trying to protect
    How would they have a billion dollar beetle?
    And to suggest a  new player would be pvping with said imaginary beetle is absurd 
    Let it go merv/yoshi like i said you do good stuff sometimes but really barking at the wind here..
    edited September 2021
    "so what if it's someone who has an all 115 skill beetle and is doing the roof encounter and is discorded by Juo'nar?
    a loss of a pet is not a nice thing, 

I say new, what i mean is, any tamer that does not do indepth testing,
    Afterall, you read the patch notes and denied this was even possible...

perhaps if you had played a tamer you would understand people's attachments to their pets and wouldn't wish loss of any item/thing on anyone"
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Yoshi said:

(when i lost control of it due to animal lore skill level drop, which in the field would happen under stat loss or discordance)

That's bad news, that is really bad news.....

Please, @Kyronix , can you lighten the mood of many concerned players up, and let us know that the Test Center Update in regards to bug fixes, namely in the part where it says : 

• Pack animals and hirelings will now only stay in the offline auto stable for 24 hours after which they will be removed from the world if not retrieved.
    Is NOT intended to affect Blue Beetles, especially when logged off at a Safe location, with or without items in their pack, along with the character that is RIDING them ?

This is so much important to a lot of UO players, currently playing or currently not playing Ultima Online (and knowing nothing about what changes in the game...), especially on Shards where they cannot have a House because not their main Shard on which they already have a House, and thus NEED the logged off RIDDEN Blue Beetles to hold items in their pack, indefinitely, as a way to be able to store away a few more items besides their Bank Box space...

Thank you SO much.
    lol no way does a beetle go wild in that situation cuz you would feed it and not give it commands again reaching for straws ..

But as long you brought up Juo'nar how about getting that debuff added to our bars......
    edited September 2021
    "that issue has already been reported in bug forum

so lets admit it's time to let this ghost float away  :p
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Yoshi said:

Any tamer with an ounce of credibility would have stopped giving it commands, fed it, and if you can't control it because of skill lack, mount it until you can. 
    "okay so no pets have ever gone wild from tamers being discorded on the roof or from being in stat loss from VvV and if they did tough on them okay....

Why not let us just scrap this new rule for stopping pets going wild for all mountable pets then?"
    In either of those fictional scenes it would be human error with repeated commands after the pet had become that unhappy... easy to feed nit command or mount. Man you're a bulldog with this one let it go..
    edited September 2021
    You're example is null Merv...per the patch notes:

• All pack animals will continue to go wild based on their loyalty.

Since you received the message that your pet was rather unhappy, you knew...as a tamer...that it was low on loyalty and thus should have fed it. The fact that it went wild is absolutely supposed to happen.

edited September 2021
    Yoshi said:

STOP commanding it
    Heal it
    Feed it
    Get on it

You know nothing about Taming @popps even knows more about Taming than you do.
    Ok we've proven our point let's not beat it into the ground..
    LOL
    And you people tried to throw me under the bus for starting this thread, IMHO this is one of the Best in Entertainment threads going.

• ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    edited September 2021
    The change that most pets won't go wild is great.

The problem with the latest changes is that some pets will still go wild and on top of that if you log out with most pets and not riding them there isn't any problem but  if your pet is a blue beetle it will go poof after 24 hours.

For example if you log out with a triton or a cu or a dragon there isn't any problem but if you log out with a blue beetle and not riding it then it will dissapear after 24 hours.
    Chrille said:
    The change that most pets won't go wild is great.

The problem with the latest changes is that some pets will still go wild and on top of that if you log out with most pets and not riding them there isn't any problem but  if your pet is a blue beetle it will go poof after 24 hours.

For example if you log out with a triton or a cu or a dragon there isn't any problem but if you log out with a blue beetle and not riding it then it will dissapear after 24 hours.
    How often do you log out off your beetle?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Larisa said:

Since you received the message that your pet was rather unhappy, you knew...as a tamer...that it was low on loyalty and thus should have fed it. The fact that it went wild is absolutely supposed to happen.
    That unhappy message appears about 1 second before the pet goes wild. You have no time to feed it.

Plenty of players  have lost pets. Now y'all are saying it is their own fault.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    When did a pet you own get below rather happy last ? And yes in all seriousness if you are not paying attention and taking care of your pet it's your own fault...
    edited September 2021
    Then why did the devs make pets no longer go wild?

I had a Triton go wild in the forest event because of the uneven ground.
    Pawain said:
    Larisa said:

That unhappy message appears about 1 second before the pet goes wild. You have no time to feed it.

Plenty of players  have lost pets. Now y'all are saying it is their own fault.
    Yes there are bugs that have made pets go wild or just go poof.
    But when a pet goes wild because of being over commanded to death, goes wild and dies or a player loses skills for one reason or another and still commands a pet and it goes wild and dies that is all on the player.
    Hopefully this pub fixes the POOF part but not the stupidity of some players.
    This thread went backwards day. Usually Mervyn is the one that claims it's the owners fault if the pet goes wild.

edited September 2021
    "if there are hard rules such as, keep your pet well fed, and have high taming then i would agree the majority of the time pets have gone wild would be down to the owner.
    But in 3 years time when it has all been forgotten about that pets ever went wild, and newer people are playing the game, you're going to have some upset giant beetle owners..

In the future, tamers will not be worried if their pet is unhappy. And will not think twice about spamming commands. So these giant beetles will be at greater risk

Why have these crazy obscure rule exceptions just because the creature has a pack?"
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    1. An empty blue beetle will log off with its owner even if not ridden, as normal ( I just confirmed that)
    2. A loaded, mounted blue beetle will log off with its owner as normal (also confirmed)
    3.A loaded, unmounted blue beetle will log off after about an hour and will be recoverable within 24 hours
    I would be interested to know to what lengths 'Yoshi' went to ensure his beetle went wild, how long it took and how many failed commands were given.

edited September 2021
    So following up on my test from yesterday regarding the 24-hour time limit on logged out non-mountable pack animals being deleted.

I logged out at 11:20 AM on September 13th. Right now it's 12:47 PM on September 14th. Logged in and my non-mountable pack llama logged back in with me with all of the items in it's pack.

Something still isn't working.

Logging back out at 12:48 PM on September 14th at the Moonglow Inn.