Test Center 1 Update

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    It would be easy to fix EJ
    1 limit to New haven island 
    2. After you finish quest to 50 skill you move to mines where you can get to GM 
    3.have arena so they can try pvp 
    4. Allow small area for fishing 
    Chat is new haven only strictly monitored for spam
    No PS unless you subscribe 
    If you can make it a nothing in nothing out area even better 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited September 2021
    vortex said:
    popps said:
    Larisa said:
    If you are riding it, it auto-logs with you....this is mainly for pack animals that are not ridden. If you are riding a blue beetle and you log out in a safe log out location, you will be fine.

Yes...tested it just to be sure....if you are ON it..it logs out with you.
    Well, did you test it "after" the mentioned 24 hours have lapsed ?

That is, are you sure that the ridden Blue Beetle that you saw logging off with your character at a safe location will not get wiped of all of its contents at the lapsing of the 24th hour ?

I would still prefer to have an official clarification from @ Kyronix or @ Mariah , hopefully.

I think the matter is rather important and serious to many players out there who keep stuff on their RIDDEN Blue Beetles logged off with characters at a safe location on paid for, subscribed accounts, that it should deserve a clear and unmistakable clarification....
    I have no idea why people try to help you with things you could try yourself...

I do appreciate and am thankful for the help that others are willing to give to test things out or provide advice to fellow players on the basis of their experience.

Yet, why shouldn't one point out issues that they may consider which could (or could not) invalidate a given testing or advice ?

I mean, @Larisa was surely exquisite to test it out and share her findings yet, imagining that she also did it for her own knowledge (perhaps she uses ridden Blue Beetles on several of her characters, particularly on Shards where she does not and cannot have a House because not her Main ?), and also imagining that other players might feel reassured by her testing, "what if", instead, lapsed the mentioned 24 hours all of the contents of the RIDDEN Blue Beetle goes "poof"?

I think it as appropriate to ask whether her Testing did check it past the 24 hours lapsed or not.

This, for any player, Larisa included, who may be using RIDDEN Blue Beetles as a way to hold items, particularly on Shards where they do not and cannot have a House because not their Main Shard.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    popps said:
    Larisa said:
    If you are riding it, it auto-logs with you....this is mainly for pack animals that are not ridden. If you are riding a blue beetle and you log out in a safe log out location, you will be fine.

That is, are you sure that the ridden Blue Beetle that you saw logging off with your character at a safe location will not get wiped of all of its contents at the lapsing of the 24th hour ?

I would still prefer to have an official clarification from @ Kyronix or @ Mariah , hopefully.

I think the matter is rather important and serious to many players out there who keep stuff on their RIDDEN Blue Beetles logged off with characters at a safe location on paid for, subscribed accounts, that it should deserve a clear and unmistakable clarification....

Or you could have thanked her for going to the effort haha.

edited September 2021
    Cookie said:
    popps said:
    Larisa said:

Or you could have thanked her for going to the effort haha.

I think I mentioned that.... "I do appreciate and am thankful for the help that others are willing to give to test things out or provide advice to fellow players on the basis of their experience. "as well as when I mentioned "I mean, Larina was surely exquisite to test it out and share her findings... "

The issue of RIDDEN Blue Beetles having items in the Blue Beetle's pack AND logging off with the character that is riding them, I imagine it is something that a whole lot of players might be interested in especially, since players, as we well know, cannot have a House on any Shard other then their "home" shard and, therefore, using RIDDEN Blue Beetles logged off at a safe location alojg with the character that is riding them, as a way to be able to store items in their packs, indefinitely, "beyond " the 24 hours period mentioned in the Test Center 1 Update, is something which I likely, I need to imagine, I am not the only player in the entire Ultima Online interested to know about for sure....

As I said, I can only imagine how will feel all of these players who are currently paying for their Subscriptions but not actively playing at the moment nor checking the UO Forums or the Patches Updates and, yet, having lots and lots of RIDDEN Blue Beetles loaded with items in the Blue Beetles packs, perhaps even of high value, logged off with the characters riding them, who, when eventually resuming their playing of Ultima Online, were to find that any item that was stored in those RIDDEN Blue Beetles logged at a safe location along with the character that is riding them, no longer exist...

A WHOLE LOT of players, playing and not currently playing, but maintaining their Subscriptions as active, I imagine are interested in what the note in the Test Center 1 Update actually PRECISELY refers to....

I sure hope that, as Larisa tested, this change mentioned in the Test Center 1 Update, is NOT affecting RIDDEN Blue Beetles that were logged off at a Safe Location along with the Character that is riding them, with items contained in the Blue Beetle pack.

Yet, considering how important this issue can be to many players, currently playing and currently NOT playing (yet keeping their Subscriptions as active), I would imagine that an Official clarification by the Developers is quite needed.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    popps said:
    Larisa said:

As I've tried to tell you before, I am NOT a developer, only a player. I get my information from publish notes the same as everyone else.
    However, to the best of my knowledge the only thing that has changed is the effect on pack animals with a loaded pack that were not previously autologged. That doesn't apply to ridden beetles, they stay the same as before.

Before this publish: Loaded pack animals stayed in game until they went wild
    After this publish: Loaded pack animals will lose loyalty if left alone while you do something else in game and will eventually go wild. So you can't leave 5 packies stuck in the house or an inn full of your 'stuff' while you go fight in a dungeon.
    Loaded pack animals left in game when you log off will autostable for 24 hours, after which they will be deleted.  This change will help crafters who were using their beetle while crafting and forgot to re-mount it before logging off.

Mariah said:
    popps said:
    Larisa said:

As I've tried to tell you before, I am NOT a developer, only a player. I get my information from publish notes the same as everyone else.
    However, to the best of my knowledge the only thing that has changed is the effect on pack animals with a loaded pack that were not previously autologged. That doesn't apply to ridden beetles, they stay the same as before.

After this publish: Loaded pack animals will lose loyalty if left alone while you do something else in game and will eventually go wild. So you can't leave 5 packies stuck in the house or an inn full of your 'stuff' while you go fight in a dungeon.
    Loaded pack animals left in game when you log off will autostable for 24 hours, after which they will be deleted.  This change will help crafters who were using their beetle while crafting and forgot to re-mount it before logging off.

OK, thank you SO much for offering your understanding of the Test Center 1 Update.

Just to BE SURE that the change will NOT affect RIDDEN Blue Beetles with items in their Pack that get logged off at a Safe Location along with the character that is riding them, please, @Kyronix , considering how this issue is of importance to many UO players, currently actively playing and NOT currently playing but having lots and lots of Blue Beetles logged off with items in their packs at a Safe Location along with the characters riding them, can you please chime in and offer a much welcomed clarification on this ?

Thank you so much.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    popps said:
    Mariah said:
    popps said:
    Larisa said:

OK, thank you SO much for offering your understanding of the Test Center 1 Update.

Just to BE SURE that the change will NOT affect RIDDEN Blue Beetles with items in their Pack that get logged off at a Safe Location along with the character that is riding them, please, @ Kyronix , considering how this issue is of importance to many UO players, currently actively playing and NOT currently playing but having lots and lots of Blue Beetles logged off with items in their packs at a Safe Location along with the characters riding them, can you please chime in and offer a much welcomed clarification on this ?

Thank you so much.
    I have to let you know
    one of my crafters is on TC with items in her beetle
    It auto logs when she logs out
    That has not changed at all

I have been logging in on her every day since the publish was put on TC
    And I always log out while on my beetle.
    edited September 2021
    popps said:
    Mariah said:
    popps said:
    Larisa said:

Just to BE SURE that the change will NOT affect RIDDEN Blue Beetles with items in their Pack that get logged off at a Safe Location along with the character that is riding them, please, @ Kyronix , considering how this issue is of importance to many UO players, currently actively playing and NOT currently playing but having lots and lots of Blue Beetles logged off with items in their packs at a Safe Location along with the characters riding them, can you please chime in and offer a much welcomed clarification on this ?

Thank you so much.
    I have to let you know
    one of my crafters is on TC with items in her beetle
    It auto logs when she logs out
    That has not changed at all

And I always log out while on my beetle.

Since you have been logging on her "every day", which it is, within the 24 hours, that does not "necessarily" prove that nothing has changed at all for Blue Beetles logged off with items in their packs while being ridden by a character.

The Test Center 1 Update, which, by the way, I imagine was only recently activated for the "TC Bug Fixes" listed in it (it reads "Posted on September 10, 2021 by Mesanna ", today is the 13th...), included the one mentioned : 
    • Pack animals and Hirelings will now only stay in the offline auto stable for 24 hours after which they will be deleted along with the items they might have in their packs.
    Therefore, I understand, logging in every 24 hours refreshes the pets and their contents.

What would be necessary, to make sure that the Fix does not affect Blue Beetles logged off with items in their packs while being ridden by a character, would be to log on "after" a period longer then 24 hours has lapsed and see whether the Blue Beetle is still there with all of the items in its pack...
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited September 2021
    @popps what is stopping you from making a character on test center and trying this and then telling us the results?

For such passionate disagreement with any answers you get, one would think you would only be satisfied by seeing what happens yourself.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    @popps do you have a ridden beetle full of stuff? Or is this just make believe? 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    @popps I forgot to mention that I didn't
    And logged in on that character after I read your comment.
    The beetle still has its contents, as it should
    because I was on it, when I logged out.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    edited September 2021
    Okay so I logged out while riding my blue beetle yesterday morning, I don't exactly remember what time it was! But I do believe it's been over 24 hours hasn't it? I won't log in with her yet just in case.

But I do log off with stuff in my blue beetle quite often so I get your concern, but I do believe that this change was only focused on pack animals that are not ridden.

• All pack animals will continue to go wild based on their loyalty.
    When I tested this the first time, the entire 45-60 minutes my packie remained in game without me remained Wonderfully Happy so obviously would never go wild. Unfortunately I was busy yesterday and was unable to test again. I am doing so right now; first on a fully subscribed account.

9:55 AM Central time, logged out at Moonglow Inn with Pack Llama. Character Insta-logged, Packie is Wonderfully Happy. (Will Update Later)
    • Pack animals and Hirelings will now only stay in the offline auto stable for 24 hours after which they will be deleted along with the items they might have in their packs.

This does need clarification for some people...it just says Pack Animals....what I THINK it means it Pack Animals that are not being ridden but I am not 100%

AM Editing this now since I only have 8 minutes left to edit! 

Packy is still in game as of 10:51 AM so it's been almost an hour. It is still wonderfully happy.  I will check back on it later but per my previous tests, it should have logged out by now so I think that fix is working.

McDougle said:
    It would be easy to fix EJ
    1 limit to New haven island 
    2. After you finish quest to 50 skill you move to mines where you can get to GM 
    3.have arena so they can try pvp 
    4. Allow small area for fishing 
    Chat is new haven only strictly monitored for spam
    No PS unless you subscribe 
    If you can make it a nothing in nothing out area even better 
    This would be wonderful!  I am trying to think of the downside to this.....maybe lack of people to interact with but overall this idea is really good.

Packy logged out at 11:18, logged back in with packy still loaded, still wonderfully happy.

I'm off to do IRL stuff lol but as far as paid subs go, full packies not mounted will still auto log with you after a certain time.

Also logged back in on my character riding the blue beetle, it's been over 24 hours, packy is still there.

@ popps I forgot to mention that I didn't
    Thank you for the clarification !

Since the TC Bug Fixes was posted by Mesanna on the 10th, I assume that it was at least active from then on, that is, from the 10th.

Sunday was the 12th, so the "TC Bug fixes" should have been already active by then.

This should also mean, that if you logged back in on Monday, the 13th, from the last time logged in which was on Saturday the 11th, I assume, therefore well past the 24 hours indicated in the listing of TC Bug Fixes where it is said :

• Pack animals and hirelings will now only stay in the offline auto stable for 24 hours after which they will be removed from the world if not retrieved.

and you found the Blue Beetle to still have all of the items inside its pack, this should mean, that RIDDEN Blue Beetles logged off at a Safe Location with the character that is riding them, are NOT included in any way in the fix listed on the TC Bug Fixes at https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/publish-notes/publish-111/

And that is a very reassuring thing !!

It would still be nice to have @Kyronix stop by, and confirm that yours and @Larisa findings that ridden Blue Beetles are NOT included in this TC Bug fixes and the items in them are perfectly safe, as the 24 hours mentioned in the TC Bug Fixes, does NOT apply to them......
    popps said:
    @ popps I forgot to mention that I didn't
    Thank you for the clarification !

Since the TC Bug Fixes was posted by Mesanna on the 10th, I assume that it was at least active from then on, that is, from the 10th.

Sunday was the 12th, so the "TC Bug fixes" should have been already active by then.

This should also mean, that if you logged back in on Monday, the 13th, from the last time logged in which was on Saturday the 11th, I assume, therefore well past the 24 hours indicated in the listing of TC Bug Fixes where it is said :

• Pack animals and hirelings will now only stay in the offline auto stable for 24 hours after which they will be removed from the world if not retrieved.

and you found the Blue Beetle to still have all of the items inside its pack, this should mean, that RIDDEN Blue Beetles logged off at a Safe Location with the character that is riding them, are NOT included in any way in the fix listed on the TC Bug Fixes at https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/publish-notes/publish-111/

And that is a very reassuring thing !!

It would still be nice to have @ Kyronix stop by, and confirm that yours and @ Larisa findings that ridden Blue Beetles are NOT included in this TC Bug fixes and the items in them are perfectly safe, as the 24 hours mentioned in the TC Bug Fixes, does NOT apply to them......
    or you could just go do it yourself to find the reassurance that you seek??

after all would not this be the most effective way ?

seeing it yourself would without a doubt make it 100%sure that what you were looking for was indeed the case ?

and this would make it so no others had to retest your hypothesis freeing them to do more important to them at least things 

to summarize should you not do things for yourself  as you seem to have a huge distrust of others 

at least that's how i see it
    McDougle said:
    or you could just go do it yourself to find the reassurance that you seek??

after all would not this be the most effective way ?

seeing it yourself would without a doubt make it 100%sure that what you were looking for was indeed the case ?

and this would make it so no others had to retest your hypothesis freeing them to do more important to them at least things 

to summarize should you not do things for yourself  as you seem to have a huge distrust of others 

at least that's how i see it
    Actually no.

Because, the testing that players do, might for example be done mistakengly in something, or, simply, the code on Test Server might be bugged and one might feel erroneously reassured from testing it but that reasurance if not for real, but because of some bug...

The only one thing that I think can be reasuring, is to hear it from the words of a Developer that the fix intended does not include ridden Blue Beetles at all and they are perfectly safe to be kept using as many players have been using them so far, to store items, for example on Shards where they cannot have another Home because they already have one on their Main Shard....
    So even if you see it with your own eyes having done it yourself you will not accept it until the dev say it is so?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Mounted pets do not 'auto stable', they log off with the character, attached. The change to pets is totally seperate to that action and there would be no need to touch that coding at all. I am therefore 99.9% positive that there will be no change to mounted beetles, with or without items in their packs. Logic dictates that there wouldn't be.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    edited September 2021
    If they are empty then then stable the min you log out, if they have items in them they hang around for about 1 hr.  I bonded 5 packies on TC and left 1 empty, I will wait 2 days and see how many I have left, I am think it will be 1 and 4 will go byby
    Just logged into TC and I have 1 empty packie and all the others (4) are gone.  As others have already tested the 24 hour log in to save your loaded packie and tested the blue bug loaded has been tested also.  EJ Accounts may not mount pack animals with items in their pack, so blue bugs are also out for them.

So really the only thing that we have is that any account can log out with loaded unmounted packies and keep them safe as long as you log in every 24 hours to refresh them.  Empty packies still auto stable and mounted bugs are still safe.
    edited September 2021
    McDougle said:
    So even if you see it with your own eyes having done it yourself you will not accept it until the dev say it is so?
    Well, if reassurance is meant to mean 100% "sure", then yes, personally, only hearing it from a Developer's words would be 100% reassuring.

Even if, I was to test and see it with my own eyes...

Even Mariah, while very very very well certain, goes up to 99.9%.

Only the words of a Developer can make that reassurance a full, rounded 100%.

That is at least how I see it.
    So as far as the update goes...now that I have re-logged out with my packie at 11:20 AM on September 13th, when I log back in after 11:20 AM on September 14th, my packie should no longer be there.

We will see tomorrow!

ALSO Kyronix.....I don't look in UO FIddler or the art files or anything like that...I try to test things through normal game play....therefore I am trying to get the new pumpkins mentioned in the publish notes. I have killed....I don't even know how many butchers...NO CARVING KITS!

I was able to transfer the 8 I have on Origin 3 times now...

Can you possibly increase the chance to get the new carvings just a WEE bit so I can get them?? I hate wasting so much time killing Grimms and Butchers to keep getting the old ones :( And I like to have screenshots of as many of the new goodies as possible and record time/effort taken to get them through normal gameplay.....but this is getting crazy! And are you sure the kits are spawning on Butchers? I seriously have killed at least 20 and not one kit.

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    So just a simple yes or no.  Am I at risk of losing Blue Beetles that I invested a lot of 120 power scrolls into and hours of training, if it has stuff in its pack and I am Mounted on it?

Not uncommon for me to log out on a beetle full of gold or loot and not log in for 2-3 days up to 2-3 years on the character.  Could care less about the junk in the beetles pack, its the hundreds of millions worth of scrolls on the beetles that concerns me.
    Tyrath said:
    So just a simple yes or no.  Am I at risk of losing Blue Beetles that I invested a lot of 120 power scrolls into and hours of training, if it has stuff in its pack and I am Mounted on it?

Not uncommon for me to log out on a beetle full of gold or loot and not log in for 2-3 days up to 2-3 years on the character.  Could care less about the junk in the beetles pack, its the hundreds of millions worth of scrolls on the beetles that concerns me.
    Test center is up and NOW is the time for testing with no real life loss..
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    McDougle said:
    Tyrath said:

Test center is up and NOW is the time for testing with no real life loss..

And why would I waste my time messing with TC when others have already done it. I am not into reinventing the wheel. Simple question if you don't have the answer why put your 2 cents worth in?
    It's been answered multiple times some people just struggle to accept it so why not test for yourself? It's kinda like voting if you don't you have no right to complain..
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited September 2021
    Mariah said:
    Yoshi said:
    “So if you have trained a giant beetle to 5 slots and all 120 powerscrolls, can still go wild because it has a pack? Ouch ”

Only if you left something in its pack.

Patch note:

“I will test tomorrow, but if true this still seems harsh, 

scenario: a tamer has a giant beetle and like many stick stuff in the pack - gets comfortable playing with low taming as under the impression a pet can’t go wild, loses control of their 5 slot fully 120 beetle (let’s say they get discorded by juo’nar on shadowguard roof) 
    pet goes wild! As it contained gold! and dies

i will test but surely this sounds like a recipe for heartbreak”

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    Mariah said:
    Yoshi said:
    “So if you have trained a giant beetle to 5 slots and all 120 powerscrolls, can still go wild because it has a pack? Ouch ”

Only if you left something in its pack.

Patch note:

“I will test tomorrow, but if true this still seems harsh, 

scenario: a tamer has a giant beetle and like many stick stuff in the pack - gets comfortable playing with low taming as under the impression a pet can’t go wild, loses control of their 5 slot fully 120 beetle (let’s say they get discorded by juo’nar on shadowguard roof) 
    pet goes wild! As it contained gold! and dies

i will test but surely this sounds like a recipe for heartbreak”

Again made up maybe is it a beetle with 2000 120s used on it or a 3 slot owned by low taming guy?? I'm gonna blame the dog archers they obviously were not nerfed enough..
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited September 2021
    Dictionary
    scenario: a description of possible events,

you don’t actually even need low taming to lose control of you pet under discordance effect or stat loss from being killed (if in VvV)

You’re basically saying no tamer has ever lost control of a 5 slot pet and never will? Okay…

I guess there’s no problem here then

I haven’t trained one yet, do they lose their pack ability after being trained or something? (I’m not currently logged in)”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    I assume that anything is possible i also assume that despite others who have tested stating these are not issues that you have been logged in for days testing these whimsical hypotheses?