Treasures of Hythloth on TC

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    Pawain said:
    Fortis said:
    50 turns in for a demon cameo it s a joke or what?
    These are TC prices so players can get them quick.

Since this isn't a cameo -- it lacks the SSI -- I hope it stays at 50.
    I think the prices are set.  But they could change.  I have a feeling it will be just for a month so the prices are not bad.  The armor costs 150. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    You know @ popps not everyone play UO to endlessly farm stuff and I am sorry you can not FARM stuff as fast as other players.  Some of us just like to play the types of toons that we like and do not care that JOE gets more drops that I do.  I have been here for 280 months and I go to a lot of events and would you like to know how many drops I have 0  ZERO  Not a damn one maybe I should WHINE how unfair that is.  You chose to be a Tamer so quit your damn whining and play your Tamer.  If you want to FARM then make a FARMER also known as a Sampire and while you are at it GROW UP and stop acting like a spoiled little child.
    Best post, system should use this auto reply to popps whenever he complains.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Pawain said:
    is that a balloon armour set or a item u buy?

actually I wont do a Popps I will go look for myself 

Just chest there right now.  It is decent   Chest is a piece that Dexxers need.  It is like crafting and not hitting the 10LMC and 10 Stamina.  You could easily craft A swordsman ot fencer suit with this and another high resist piece.  Would be more difficult for macer or Archer/Thrower  need the 10s.

LOL there is no garg version so start feedbacking for that.

The Balron Bone Armor is actually better than anything you can craft for a Dexxer. You can't find +HPI/+Stam/+LMC on the same piece as Legendary Artifact loot, and a crafted/imbued piece will have +5 HPI/+8 Stam/+8% LMC, and most likely Resist imbues. Balron Bone Armor still has higher total Resists than any imbued crafted piece. Macers don't really need +10 Stam on all pieces.
    Considering most Dexxers run a CC (+10 HP), they need 3 pieces of gear with +5 HPI to hit the +25 HP Gear Cap, which would otherwise have to come from crafted/imbued pieces, which the Balron Bone Armor is superior to for the Chest.

@Kyronix With so many good options to choose from, i hope they re-introduce the Potion of Glorious Fortune. I'd much rather pay Broadsword/EA for the Potion and earn the Artifacts myself, rather than have to pay some third party site for them.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 784
    edited September 2021
    @Kyronix, @Bleak,

Feedback on the hythloth artifact choices:
    • Add the Katakotl ring to the list of choices, that was in the last halloween timed event like stirling silver ring.
    • Balron armor - add mage armor property.  People can choose to strip that at a mage guildmaster.
    • Balron armor, reduce cost to 100 points, inline with the epaulets.
    • Lower price of wand of warding and lantern of protection to 10 points, as these will mostly be used for shield slot transmog targets, or crafting?  Or do these have some hidden ability/property?
    • Wand of warding gets named changed to "Wand" post transmog.  Intended?
    • Can you add a "Balron" *lesser* slayer?  30SDI Spellbook (invasion stats) and talisman.  Perhaps this is a new slayer type, ultimately.
    Looks good so far :)

edited September 2021
    Pawain said:
    is that a balloon armour set or a item u buy?

actually I wont do a Popps I will go look for myself 

Just chest there right now.  It is decent   Chest is a piece that Dexxers need.  It is like crafting and not hitting the 10LMC and 10 Stamina.  You could easily craft A swordsman ot fencer suit with this and another high resist piece.  Would be more difficult for macer or Archer/Thrower  need the 10s.

LOL there is no garg version so start feedbacking for that.

The Balron Bone Armor is actually better than anything you can craft for a Dexxer. You can't find +HPI/+Stam/+LMC on the same piece as Legendary Artifact loot, and a crafted/imbued piece will have +5 HPI/+8 Stam/+8% LMC, and most likely Resist imbues. Balron Bone Armor still has higher total Resists than any imbued crafted piece. Macers don't really need +10 Stam on all pieces.
    Considering most Dexxers run a CC (+10 HP), they need 3 pieces of gear with +5 HPI to hit the +25 HP Gear Cap, which would otherwise have to come from crafted/imbued pieces, which the Balron Bone Armor is superior to for the Chest.

@ Kyronix With so many good options to choose from, i hope they re-introduce the Potion of Glorious Fortune. I'd much rather pay Broadsword/EA for the Potion and earn the Artifacts myself, rather than have to pay some third party site for them.
    I lose 2 Stamina with it.  I like lots of stamina.  But like I said it and 1 piece that has high resists, can easy create a Swordsman or fencer suit with the rest reforged.  A cheap suit that does the job.
  • FoosFoos Posts: 81
    Really excited for this one to start.  I've needed the epaulets or however you spell them forever.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    edited September 2021
    The balrons bone armor is fantastic but once again gargoyle meh at best so i have to give up berserker breastplate for it we couldn't have made it a neck or leg item for gargoyle?? I might have mentioned that those two spots most open for gargoyle...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • I just want this spider tree on reward list..
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited September 2021
    “I haven’t farmed any drops but I’ll make the wild assumption that all the advice about having the drops have a chance to be cursed/prized/heavy got ignored so all previous problems will be repeated when it goes live” 
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Lets hope so.
  • Since i haven't seen anyone else mention this, this is what i've seen spawn in Hythloth today. Imps, Hell Hounds, Gargoyles, Stone Gargoyles, Fire Gargoyles, Gazer Larvae, Gazers, Elder Gazers, Wildfire Wisps, Daemons, and Balrons...lots and lots of Balrons (including Paragon ones!).

The Gazer varieties have no Slayer, so Para EGs are going to be fun. The Wildfire Wisps are Fey Slayer, which is opposing to Demon Slayer, meaning if you have a Demon Slayer Weapon/Talisman equipped, they'll deal double melee damage to you. The Hell Hounds and Fire Gargoyles have Dragon Breath, so the Paragon varieties can easily deal 60 damage (48 with Exceptional Armored Swampy) breath attacks. The Fire Gargoyles also have a Fire Aura, so Tamers beware (no vetting near them, or they'll target switch with Aura tick). Cold Damage once again seems to be the best here.

Might want to start forming your X-Healing Warrior partnerships now to deal with the Paragon Balrons. Or at least a Tamer with a pet to tank the Para Balron as the Dexxer kills it.

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    I like that the pentagram actually does something even if its kinda ehhhh.

Myself & several discords I am in are looking forward to see how you guys end up implementing this in Fel. We would be excited to see it extend all the way down into the Abyss spawn. It was nice when you guys added it in Ice Dungeon but it was really a non starter for PvP since there is no champ spawn there, which is what we care about most. 

I think they have to put this into Felucca, I cannot see Trammel remotely having enough spawn if Felucca guilds hit Trammel.

It is a pity there is no champ spawn for sure, but not the end of the world maybe, the failure for Ice event, was not just the spawn, it was the weak rewards mainly.

Having said that, I did not think about Abyss spawn - and yes, putting it into Felucca, AND extending it into Abyss, would be incredible, such a mess, and very fun. :) This would certainly be an ideal solution.

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Several posts have been removed from this thread. Please avoid replying to or commenting on click-bait posts that promote personal agendas. It is best to simply ignore those posts and focus on the true objective of this thread. Thank you.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    edited September 2021

The Wildfire Wisps are Fey Slayer, which is opposing to Demon Slayer, meaning if you have a Demon Slayer Weapon/Talisman equipped, they'll deal double melee damage to you. 

Has anyone been able to lore a wildfire wisp?
    Are they like dark wisps with resists
    dark wisp 40/15/15/15 
    or normal wisps with resists
    wisp 40/30/20/8/60
    or something else entirely?

I don't yet have a fey slay weapon and would like to make it to target them.
    Can we get clarification? Is my belief that top hats and veils should work with potions of transmog a personal agenda? 
    I answered my own question

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    McDougle said:
    Can we get clarification? Is my belief that top hats and veils should work with potions of transmog a personal agenda? 
    Top hats and veils are not true armor, hence they cannot be transmogrified into. This is the same reason we had to create new off hand items for the shield transmog. It is not a case of "just" adding stats. We'd have to create new art assets for this to function and it was determined these items are for decorative purposes only. Hopefully this answers your question - thanks for the feedback!
    @ Kyronix, @ Bleak,

Feedback on the hythloth artifact choices:
    • Add the Katakotl ring to the list of choices, that was in the last halloween timed event like stirling silver ring.
    • Balron armor - add mage armor property.  People can choose to strip that at a mage guildmaster.
    • Balron armor, reduce cost to 100 points, inline with the epaulets.
    • Lower price of wand of warding and lantern of protection to 10 points, as these will mostly be used for shield slot transmog targets, or crafting?  Or do these have some hidden ability/property?
    • Wand of warding gets named changed to "Wand" post transmog.  Intended?
    • Can you add a "Balron" *lesser* slayer?  30SDI Spellbook (invasion stats) and talisman.  Perhaps this is a new slayer type, ultimately.
    Looks good so far :)

-Will see about adding the Katakotl ring
    -Will see about adding mage armor
    -Point values are likely set at what they currently are at
    -You can/should be able to imbue the "plain" versions of the wand/lantern
    -Wand of Warding should get named whatever you are transmogrifying from 
    -You'll have to make do with demon slayer :) Good luck with the balrons.  I know they are @Violet 's favorite! :)
    @RonFellows - thanks for the feedback - you should no longer get the multiple messages when crossing server lines as was happening.  Thanks for testing!
    @Kyronix thanks for responding how about the new gargoyle armor is it to late to move to neck or leg slot ?
    @McDougle - it's not - but would have to evaluate that first so can't promise anything.
    Kyronix said:
    @ McDougle - it's not - but would have to evaluate that first so can't promise anything.
    Thank you for both magic users and warriors all arties when converted currently take up all but the neck and legs now the khaldun pendant was perfect..
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Here's a thought...maybe think about making something similar to the Veil and Top Hat at a later date that is able to be transmoged, I think that might work.

I haven't been down there but once on TC but it looks good, plenty of room for many people so I'm excited about it. 

I went and marked runes not a lot of safe places as is and with the increased spawn it's going to be crazy !! I hope the death robe makers have increased production...
    McDougle said:
    Kyronix said:
    @ McDougle - it's not - but would have to evaluate that first so can't promise anything.
    Thank you for both magic users and warriors all arties when converted currently take up all but the neck and legs now the khaldun pendant was perfect..
    Actually my gargoyle bladeweaver wears converted britches of warding and a legendary artifact gargish amulet. Her neck and legs are quite adequately covered. Are you sure you have explored all your options?
    McDougle said:
    Kyronix said:
    Actually my gargoyle bladeweaver wears converted britches of warding and a legendary artifact gargish amulet. Her neck and legs are quite adequately covered. Are you sure you have explored all your options?
    I have great legendary in both spots i didn't go with britches kelp leggings etc due to low resistance or other needs not met but kilt is feudal grips breastplate of berserker is ssi glasses are mace and shield etc etc 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    @Kyronix can you add footwear to the pack drop list.
    (collectors would love to have their shoes match their outfits)
    @ Kyronix can you add footwear to the pack drop list.
    One shard had wildfire boots as an EM drop.
    Pawain said:
    @ Kyronix can you add footwear to the pack drop list.
    One shard had wildfire boots as an EM drop.
    Make it so all footwear fished up during event is the OF color the demon red is so sweet and would allow fisher people some income 
  • SynnSynn Posts: 16
    edited September 2021
    Can we up this a bit?  Seems underwhelming for 100pt turn in. 

Suggestion to add/increase:
    SDI 10% (same as Hook's shield)
    MR 4
    Mana Inc 10
    LMC 5%

Don't think it's too overpowered considering there's shield's with MR, Mana Inc, LMC that spawn.