Will Platemail ever again be useful?

Heya,

I returned back to the game after almost 10 years break - and I find it quite amusing that this still hasn't been fixed.

There seems to be little to none benefit in using heavier armors; ex. Platemail, chainmail, ringmail etc. over just leather armor.

I see they have added a small LMC bonus, even this is the smallest on Platemail. While leather gives you a free "Mage armor" mod, and studded 3 times more extra LMC compared to platemail - What is the benefit of using the supposedly heaviest armor in the game?

Or am I missing something here?

Comments

• North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    it's not apparent, but it actually does have a benefit now! heavy armors now reduce stamina loss on taking hits, while lighter armors reduce mana costs.

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/base-properties/armor-choice/

• FatFat Posts: 97
    For my dexxers I only run heavy armor. Good plate with great mods is crazy expensive.

Leather is trash
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 270
    Currently all good dexers run with at least 3 or 4 pieces of heavy armor (plate or chain mail usually). Some still use enhanced woodland for property bonuses but many include a couple pieces of heavy armor in the suit. The stam loss reduction can't be beat. Make sure the pieces aren't mage armor as it negates the bonus. They also all get +1% LMC provided not mage armor. The mage armor property on all armor may be removed for a fee by paying a NPC in town mage shops, regardless of item property weights.