@Kyronix - Converting Keeps @Castles back to Classic - still not working

@Kyronix - I just placed a Classic Keep on TC, properly placed and everything, converted into a custom keep and same thing happened as usual.
Keep went from properly placed into Improperly and on the house customization menu, the option to convert back is gray.

• Placed Classic and showing picture before the customization

• House menu After I convert:

• Cant convert back to Classic:

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    that is because, when you convert the design
    it moves the plot forward one tile.
    and that is why you can't convert it back.

I read that they fixed that,
    but if it is still doing that,
    then the issue is not fixed.

It needs to be converted on the exact tiles that it is currently placed on.

(I know it jumps forward, because it did that to 2 of my guild mates on Sonoma)
    1 a keep, the other a castle
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    Well they haven't tried to fix that problem yet, this patch was to fix  when you couldn't convert to new design.
    From the patch notes.
    • Resolved issue that would prevent some castles & keeps from converting to newer styles
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I suspect that this building has become 'improperly placed' because the steps take it slightly forward of the previous location.  I would be interested to see where the front east corner is in relation to the water's edge.
  • BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
    The fix resolves the issue where Castle/Keeps that were converted to the new contest designs were unable to convert again to another contest design. The existing rules apply with the initial conversion for Castle/Keeps.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Mariah said:
    I suspect that this building has become 'improperly placed' because the steps take it slightly forward of the previous location.  I would be interested to see where the front east corner is in relation to the water's edge.
    Exactly.

AR if you notice in your first picture how close the front is to the shoreline...you failed to get that into the screenshot of your second picture, but you can clearly see from the SW corner that you lost an entire tiles width in the front.

You can see in your first picture you only have a one tile separation, when you convert and it jumps up one tile, that places it RIGHT on the edge of the water making it improperly placed so you have to take that into consideration when doing the original placement.

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Bleak said:
    The fix resolves the issue where Castle/Keeps that were converted to the new contest designs were unable to convert again to another contest design. The existing rules apply with the initial conversion for Castle/Keeps.
    so its an intended feature that conversation
    moves the castles and keeps one tile south,
    to make existing castles and keeps improperly placed.
    (and makes them unable to convert to another design)

a keep on Sonoma became improperly placed and this is the only thing
    that was one tile away from the front steps.
    will this be fixed or is it intended to remain improperly placed?
  • VagabondVagabond Posts: 88
    edited September 2021
    Just a shot in the dark: Why don't you just try to "resize" the castle and replace it with a classic design? Sure, there's a risk with an improperly placed houses that you won't be able to replace it, but on TC... have you ever tried that?
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
  • Vagabond said:
    Just a shot in the dark: Why don't you just try to "resize" the castle and replace it with a classic design? Sure, there's a risk with an improperly placed houses that you won't be able to replace it, but on TC... have you ever tried that?
    That is the whole issue here... That is the Only way you have nowadays to "fix" that. I dont see the resize and replace as classic than convert to customized but what happen to those that the house is not empty?

and lets not start the problem that also cause to the house in the front, because the "new" keeps and castles take another tile on the front as mentioned, so because of that, the space between the house on the front and back is now 4 tiles instead of 5, so if by any reason the person that own the house on the front (Keep or castles or 18x18) decide to resize his house, He will never be able to plot the same size again bc the distance is shorter and he need 5 tiles between houses.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Also doing a "resize" gives you a new built on date which sucks.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    maybe this should be moved to bugs or test section ? @Mariah
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • OrichOrich Posts: 20
    They know about, since the release of custom keeps and castles.