New Krampus Recipes.... can anyone please explain them to me ?

The Candied Staff, is a Mace Weapon that comes with the sole and only Damage Increase 36%, and it is 2 handed.

The Shield Orb, takes the left hand (in place of a Shield), so, I assume, it is not possible to use potions while holding it. It comes with only and solely Poison Resist 1% on it.

I assume that the Staff and the Orb can be imbued.

What is the place in Ultima Online for these 2 new craftables ?

That is, what are they going to be usefull for ?

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Whatever the user makes of them?? 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited September 2021
    McDougle said:
    Whatever the user makes of them?? 
    Possibly, but my question is, how can they "compete" with Looted Legendary items/Artifacts to be of any interesting usefullness to players ?

Perhaps the Staff might, since slayer 100% Elemental Weapons usually are crafted and not from loot (unless really good ones), but the Orb ?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    They look nice?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • OMFG they are not even out yet and the dumb questions start. JUST WAIT AND SEE WILL YOU. You can answer all your OWN question next week when its all live,  don't tell me you don't have an imbuer?

make a sampire

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Only been playing couple years so don’t know what is so great about a 36% damage increase.  See more than that on a lot of weapons. Never really paid much attention to maces but would think these can have the 70% damage increase I see on other weapons I have looted from corpses or treasure chests.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    edited September 2021
    popps said:
    The Shield Orb, takes the left hand (in place of a Shield), so, I assume, it is not possible to use potions while holding it. It comes with only and solely Poison Resist 1% on it.

We'll be able to use the uostore shield transmog to move the mage stats of a shield which has the look of a warrior shield onto art (in this case an orb) which looks more mage appropriate.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    OMFG they are not even out yet and the dumb questions start. JUST WAIT AND SEE WILL YOU. You can answer all your OWN question next week when its all live,  don't tell me you don't have an imbuer?

make a sampire

LMAO Don't bet on it.
    Jepeth said:
    popps said:

We'll be able to use the uostore shield transmog to move the mage stats of a shield which has the look of a warrior shield onto art (in this case an orb) which looks more mage appropriate.
    OMG You gave it away
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited September 2021
    @popps
    The Cane is a blank cane you can Imbue. Just like the Skull Swords  from T chests.
    You prob had no idea those exist or ever imbued one and used it.

The orb is a blank for Transmog.  An item we asked for.

Imbuing any shield is pretty useless unless you Reforged it first.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    BUT BUT BUT
    Jepeth said:
    popps said:

Ok, so it is not about the item's properties, but more about its Art, being more appropriate for a Mage, combined with the transmog potion that would enable to transfer an existing Shield's properties onto the Orb.

Ok, thanks, it makes sense, it is for the "looks"...

In the case of the Macing staff, though, what is the "specialty"of it ?

I mean, there is plenty Macing weapons already that can be crafted and imbued..... what is the point of adding this one ?

I mean, what Macing need was out there that now this Staff covers ?
    Pawain said:
    @ popps
    The Cane is a blank cane you can Imbue. Just like the Skull Swords  from T chests.
    You prob had no idea those exist or ever imbued one and used it.

The orb is a blank for Transmog.  An item we asked for.

Imbuing any shield is pretty useless unless you Reforged it first.
    So, all there is about the Staff is that it is a blank cane ?

That is about it ?

Its color and its shape ?

Alright......
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    popps said:

Its color and its shape ?

Alright......
    Candy cane colored and shaped....
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    They are bringing in more things for RP purposes....the shoulder parrot....these items....this game is AWESOME for RP....and not many people do it anymore which makes me sad.

Having even more items that people can use to create and express themselves is awesome. This is why I was so devastated when we were unable to use the Undead Wedding Veil as a transmog item....it suits my character SO WELL and I was beyond elated when those potions first came out. I am still hoping that the team can come up with some way to be able to use that....people got their pumpkin heads and stuff...I want my Veil!

But yes it's all about esthetics, they are blank canvases so that your mage looks more like a mage holding a magical orb then holding a shield. I don't know what the animation looks like while casting because it doesn't have spell channeling on it and I don't have the ability to do that on Test but I am curious.

• HippoHippo Posts: 267
    My "Ole Saint Nick" character will soon be sporting a Candy Cane which I will be engraving with some Yuletide saying.  Now I will need to buy a shied trans potion for my favorite Mage character  - as well as 2-3 CU costumes.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    These recipes
    enable you to craft items that are additions to the regular crafting menus
    as such they can be re-forged or imbued like any other craftable weapon or shield.
    The staff is a Mace weapon:
    Reading the recipe gives you the ability to make both the human and gargish version.

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662

this is awesome for roleplay.
    Thank you DEVs
    I can't wait to get both the recipes!!!!