Publish 111

CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
edited September 2021 in General Discussions

This has been out for a few days, been looking to add to any threads about it, but surprised I haven't seen any.

https://uo.com/wiki/publish-111/

@kyronix and the team,

• New blacksmith crafting recipe available as Krampus loot – Shield Orb

Thank you very very much, this is huge for me, I have a lot of mages that want this :)

Per the adjustments you are making to the Dynamic Events, I assume you will be doing another cycle of these which is also very cool.

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Can't wait for TC to get this
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited September 2021

Bonded Pet Update

• Bonded pets can no longer go wild and will no longer respond to commands from their owner until the pet owner feeds the pet
    • Dead bonded pets no longer decay until after 24 hours of in-game time have passed
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/3101/skeletal-cat-dies-no-ghost

If the above two issues are related, could I ask the bonded pet back into my account. The store should have records on hand and my account is open for scanning that the paid pet is gone. If not then refund me the points so I can buy something else.

To you they are just made up of codes 11001010010110, for me its $$$.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited September 2021
    "please pm me with your shard details, i will replace your item"

Please note, this account is not affiliated in any way with broadsword, and replacing the item is not an admission of liability.
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited September 2021

shield orb

Just lifted this from uo.cah - this is it.

Thank you so much @kyronix ;for listening and responding - the artist who did this, it's perfect, and the rest of the team ofc.

I have an army of Mages who want this. :)

{I am now hoping I can transmog Shields onto this also}.

• Now we need a necromancer's phylactery... just saying.
    -Arroth
    Now we need a necromancer's phylactery... just saying.

Just ask - this is the team that keeps on giving ;)
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited September 2021
    "It's a shield with shield properties so yes should be able to shield transmog onto it"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • ElvisElvis Posts: 53
    No lizard man halloween costume just costume for dogs?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Elvis said:
    No lizard man halloween costume just costume for dogs?
    There is a Halloween lizard man mask isn't there?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290

Enhanced Client

• Resolved issue where occasionally mobs will ghost after death

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020
    edited September 2021
    Been playing the champ spawn for about 15min and have not seen a single ghost mob. Going to test more later, hopefully that issue if finally fixed.

Correction, I've seen the mobs die and stand back up, but the standing dead mobs are not targetable.
    -Arroth
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    How long is a publish GENERALLY on TC before release? I know it varies based on content in publish.... but ball park?   This first big publish I been involved in since coming back.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    up to a week on Test and another week on Origin/Baja/Isumo.  Often less. 

I'm not sure where I'm going to put it, but I want a kraken trophy!
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/huntmasters-challenge/

Needs to be longer!! 
    Has anyone tested making a book of lore?
    No way to test the bard fix without an Of dungeon active 
    Let's not rush 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Book of lore takes 24 blank scrolls and 45 skill - I'll update the inscription page tomorrow.
  • OrichOrich Posts: 20
    @Kyronix
    right now you can release any vanity pets and wildfire ostards and even VVV horses and many others and they will not vanish like they are supposed to and any other account can just tame.
  • Trying to copy my tamer to test and seems like copy is not available. Is this just temporary?
    @AmberWitch What did you need on TC
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 631
    edited September 2021

@ AmberWitch What did you need on TC
    trying to play with the new changes in the dungeon with my tamer. Lurchi is bored. :D

up to a week on Test and another week on Origin/Baja/Isumo.  Often less. 

I'm not sure where I'm going to put it, but I want a kraken trophy!
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/huntmasters-challenge/

Got to admit, the whole hunters collection is beginning to look quite cool, and the Kraken Trophy is a very cool piece of art . :)

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited September 2021
    Cookie said:

shield orb

Just lifted this from uo.cah - this is it.

Thank you so much @ kyronix for listening and responding - the artist who did this, it's perfect, and the rest of the team ofc.

I have an army of Mages who want this. :)

{I am now hoping I can transmog Shields onto this also}.

you can use a transmog potion on it

if you would like to try on TC
    give a shout out to me tomorrow
    i have a few of the potions on TC

(if you craft them using colored ingots 
    you can use pigments on them)
    i heard that if you craft them using plain ingots
    that you can use natural dyes on them
    (i don't have any on TC to test that)
    they really need a clicky for natural dyes on TC
    to check stuff like that
    (50 count are in bank box & you can get pigments from cleanup guy at brit commons)

I love this look, even better than holding a lantern
  • The harp is lovely. I think it deserves the name 'Music of the Spheres' and should play a variety of harp files. The mobius is interesting but I still haven't thought of a way to work it in to the scheme of things UO other than wedding chapel type stuff. I don't know, maybe I'll design a whole house color scheme around them. lol.

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    I noticed this for the CC

• Resolved Gargoyle equipment clipping issues

This is actually in the EC on a human character....same thing happens when you ride a lasher which is why I stopped riding mine.

So someone mentioned that the change to bonded pets not going wild and something about EJ accounts being able to use that to their advantage I did some testing.

Bonded a packy, took character through the EJ gate on test, put stuff on packy, went to inn, logged out.

An hour later both character and packy were gone....logged back in and both character and packy logged in, fully loaded packy.

SO if an EJ account were to bond 5 packies and fill them with stuff they could log out and not loose any of it due to the new changes.

Good and bad?

Larisa said:
    So someone mentioned that the change to bonded pets not going wild and something about EJ accounts being able to use that to their advantage I did some testing.

Bonded a packy, took character through the EJ gate on test, put stuff on packy, went to inn, logged out.

An hour later both character and packy were gone....logged back in and both character and packy logged in, fully loaded packy.

SO if an EJ account were to bond 5 packies and fill them with stuff they could log out and not loose any of it due to the new changes.

Good and bad?
    Even if this is the case so what? How does it hurt others?
    edited September 2021
    Larisa said:

Good and bad?
    Did you log in another account/char to see if the Packie was just standing there waiting for its master to return?
    The packie stayed in game for about an hour before it logged out. When I logged back in, it logged back in with me.

TY I can see this exploited to the max and UO will lose Vault rental @Kyronix @Bleak
  • So you guys would risk packing stuff in a pack horse and log out for days , weeks? Anything to get storage... I wouldn't risk it
    I've done that with vollems and never had trouble, but a pack horse with stuff in it is different, they do not get instant stabled like other pets.
    I just tested this again...just in case it was a glitch.

Tested with both non-EJ account going through the *Enable Endless Journey* gate on TC

Tested with actual EJ account

Second test, the character logged out at 2:40, the packie logged out at 3:18. I kept my tamer there to lore it and it remained Wonderfully Happy the whole time.

Logged back in, packie logged back in with me fully loaded.

Test has been done 3 times, all with the same results.

Just had to be thorough.