What are your top 10 favorite artifacts?

124»

Comments

• BenBen Posts: 208
    edited September 2021
    Hat of the Magi and Staff of the Magi are my favorites. They just made the game in the early days, and still work and look great on avatars inside gameplay. Overall though, I do not really care about artifacts in general, unless they fill a roll in gearing up a character for gameplay. So, I would have to say my favorite items are actually not artifacts, but rewards, like the series of glasses, especially Mace and Shield. They look good and suit up a character just right.

What would I like to see - actually, slow upward arc of development in the variety of items in terms of style, but not in power. Items would be harder to attain, and have less attributes. Artifacts should actually have some reason to attain them other than sitting at Luna Bank looking like a Soho cathouse greeter. Artifacts should not have everything under the sun that one particular character wants or needs. It truly should be random.

Why not a greater variety of shoes? Such as a pair that are white when they drop and look like a pair of Jordan's. They let you run as fast as being mounted. Not sure how Dismount attacks would figure into this. I guess you could be knocked out of them and they would pop into your bag giving you no more benefit for a few moments or they would drop to the ground and be stealable, depending on Trammel or Felucca ruleset.

We have woodland belts for elves. Why not a Codpiece of Orcish Kin? Simply adds a random 1-3 Resist to Physical or other category, maybe even a bit of Luck. Nothing too powerful, but styles you up with some benefit.

More shorts. A pair of hotpants that adds stamina and character when flying through Yew.

High heels. Imagine the look of danger from a fine pair of stilletos that adds Damage Increase.

A simple breastplate. Small, so that you can be mostly down right plain shirtless, but adds lots of protection, along with a special property or two. The key here is shirtless.

More helmets with horns. Helmets with horns just look cool. Again, some fine resists, but only a couple of additional random properties. None of this Legendary class drops.

More jewelry in the necklace category. Maybe even looking like the one Gerald of Rivia wears. The one with the wolfhead. Lots of Resists and a random benefit like the Ninjitsu animal form skill sets in when wearing. Again, the major benefit here is going shirtless.

A special dye that drops allowing you to dye your underwear. That would be the bomb.

Gloves. A pair of killers that add to Wrestling and in themselves cause massive Damage Increase. Don't need a weapon. You could call them Knuckle Slips of Tyson. They could look like those massive mits Bruce Lee wore in the opening sparring scene in Enter the Dragon. Would cause screen notifications like, "You stammer around senseless not knowing your name."

Hairbows...with whatever. Set those paperdolls up fine.

Totem of the Chihuahua. Small but deadly Totem that when featured on the paperdoll makes a small pet that helps you out in battle. Not a lot of help, but like adds some damage increase and barks alot, driving foes into paralysis for a few moments.

I got some more, but the surf is up.

edited September 2021

Seriously, though. I would like to see -

A Shepard's Bota. Would work just like the First Aid Belt, except store Greater Heal or Cure potions. Would be in your pack when you resurrect.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Ben said:

A Shepard's Bota. Would work just like the First Aid Belt, except store Greater Heal or Cure potions. Would be in your pack when you resurrect.
    YES
    Just make it hold any potion you want and it becomes Bola of (potion name) and place it in the store for 100-200 SOVs.  Good for UO and good for the players.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Ben said:

YES
    Just make it hold any potion you want and it becomes Bola of (potion name) and place it in the store for 100-200 SOVs.  Good for UO and good for the players.
    Do we get smoke bomb belts and why not gold pouches...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    Ben said:

YES
    Any ligiid and there is no need for a gold belt
    McDougle said:
    Ben said:

YES
    But if you get to keep your potions why should I lose my gold ??
    McDougle said:
    McDougle said:
    Ben said:

YES
    OK  Have your Gold Purse.
    McDougle said:
    McDougle said:
    Ben said:

YES
    Lol no just no more blessed containers these poor PKs will have nothing left to take after they kill us
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    McDougle said:
    McDougle said:
    Ben said:

YES
    I would like a liquid sunshine PURSE
    let us Mage's carry it instead of a shield
    or a flower basket
    Or equipable instruments... a little work could make so much sweet stuff...that we'd buy from store even..
    edited September 2021
    McDougle said:
    McDougle said:
    Ben said:

YES
    And make it a fine gold purse, I'm talkin' fine. Give it some frills and lace that is dyable and totally wantable.

And while we are back at it...how about,

A Rapier – Fencing needs a weapons update. A rapier that matches the Swords skill Soul Seeker, but different and special. Like, plus 10 to dexterity when armed. 100% poison . Damage Increase. No Swing Speed Increase, but 100 % Stamina Leech. 2s speed like katana. The rapier's look is also the epitomy of killing in style.

An Armable Standard. Primarily used by guilds as a healing and resurrection radius. Character that carries it can not attack when bearing the standard, but can defend  Will raise those screen shots of guild wars up a notch. Totally selectable and dyable like Banner Deeds.

edited September 2021

I would like a liquid sunshine PURSE
    let us Mage's carry it instead of a shield
    or a flower basket
    Flower basket. Hell yeah! Why didn't I think of that. If we can carry a lantern, why not a flower basket. It can give some minor defense..100% Poison one time cast onto any attacker. Goodness! Imagine. Visualize with me, going into Despise Champ Spawn and being raided by a hoard of Reds carrying Baskets of Flowers in one hand and a deadly new Rapier in the other. Hmmm! Sweet.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    I would like to see a "usable" version of the Asclepius staff....

https://www.uoguide.com/Asclepius

As it is, NO Warrior, in their sane mind, would use it as a weapon.....

Therefore, it remains totally unused.

How about, having it work that it was to still provide its healing bonus (stackable with the enhanced bandages and First Aid Belt healing bonuses) by holding it in one's own backpack, rather then having to hold it in one's own hand ?

There is really no chance, as it is, that any Warrior would use this over any other Weapon 100% Elemental damage, with Slayer and all that.
  • 2 Suggestions for a back slot and belt slot artifacts : 

-Golden Cape (back slot)
    150-200 Luck
    Nightsight
    5% Random resist

-Girdle of Chance (belt slot)
    150-200 Luck
    2 Mana Regeneration
    5% Spell Damage Increase

• PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited March 2022
    I want to see a Fishing Pole of Prosperity. Same stats as Swords of Prosperity, but in Fishing Pole version. That SC/-0 Mage Wep would help fishers out. Make it a new high end reward from the Fishmonger quests.

I'm a fan of items with abilities (like the Hildebrandt Dragon Shield), or the oldschool pre-AoS style Charge items (Mask/Pendant of Khal Ankur was a step towards this). Introduce some that would recharge over time while worn, or need to be recharged with a Runed Switch (make these actually useful).

I want to see a Dragon Helm Artifact that allows you to do a Firebreath attack, like Reptalon Form from Talisman of the Fey (Reptalon) allows.
    Dragon Gauntlets that either has a charge (like short 30-60 sec recharge) or a % chance to proc the pet ability "Inferno" (deals fire damage while lowering Fire Resist by 1/4th for several seconds) on attack.

How about a Spiked Shield artifact, that has a single Blood Oath charge that recharges every 180-300 seconds. (PvPers would love/hate this).

An Ankh Earrings/Talisman that has rechargeable Bless charges (Warriors and Tamers without Eval would love this, especially as Earrings). The strength of the Bless would scale up with Karma (minimum of +8% to all stats with any Karma, +10% to all stats at 10k+ Karma, +11% at 20k+ Karma, +12% at 30k+ Karma).
    Have a Chaos/Skull Earrings/Talisman with Curse charges, that scales up with negative Karma (minimum of -8% to all stats with any Karma, -10% to all stats at -10k Karma, -11% at -20k Karma, -12% at -30k Karma). Curse items used to have the affix "of Evil".

A Talisman or imbuable Ring with a Teleport charge (60 second recharge).

A Gnarled Staff with like 5-10 Gate Travel charges (needs to be recharged with Runed Switch).

Wands with charges like Corpse Skin, Ethereal Voyage, Animate Dead or Paralyze (these used to have the affix "of Ghoul's Touch").

There's a whole lot of ways to introduce cool/useful new items, other than just ramping up the stats.
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    edited May 2022

One of my favorite items in UO is the Captain John's Hat with +20 Swordsmanship.   Going back a number of years, I have felt this item opens up some much needed skill points, which is especially crucial if you're trying to build a top tier Sampire or Paladin-Warrior type template.    While that particular style of play has come quite a long way in the last 10 years with the addition of other awesome new items...  one thing I was always surprised about is why isn't there a "Captain John's Hat" version for Mace Fighting or Fencing?   It would be something cool to consider as a future event reward and also open up some template diversity in the melee fighter area. 

• ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Merlin said:

One of my favorite items in UO is the Captain John's Hat with +20 Swordsmanship.   Going back a number of years, I have felt this item opens up some much needed skill points, which is especially crucial if you're trying to build a top tier Sampire or Paladin-Warrior type template.    While that particular style of play has come quite a long way in the last 10 years with the addition of other awesome new items...  one thing I was always surprised about is why isn't there a "Captain John's Hat" version for Mace Fighting or Fencing?   It would be something cool to consider as a future event reward and also open up some template diversity in the melee fighter area. 

But then one can't profit from the swords mastery. When you use the hat, do you use the bushido mastery?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    @merlin I have been doing some testing with fonts. If toggle you toggle into html view and use the code
     <"span class="post-font-size-large"></span> 
    it gives this result

and if you use the code
    <h3></h3>

it gives this result

both somewhat less intrusive than using the H2 heading code from the drop down list

• MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    Archangel said:
    Merlin said:

But then one can't profit from the swords mastery. When you use the hat, do you use the bushido mastery?

For the builds where I use the Captain John's Hat, I generally use the Bushido mastery.  I find myself using the scaled up Confidence heal more than Onslaught.  

• ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    cool! I'll try it on a new char I'm building  :)
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    I think it's time to get a rerun of the Mark of wildfire as a drop or reward from some tot event.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    I completely agree 
  • 1. Lord Morphius' Epaulettes 
    2. Serpent Skin Quiver
    3. Animated Legs of the Insane Tinker
    4. Gloves of Feudal Grip
    5. Mask of Khal Ankur
    6. Mushroom Cultivator's Apron
    7. Slither
    8. Yukio's Glass Earrings
    9. Solaria's Secret Poisons
    10. Cuffs of the Archmage

Honorable Mentions:
    Jumu's Sacred Hide
    The Scholar's Halo
    Tangle
    Robe of the Dark Monk
    Enchantresses Camio's
    Mace and Shield Reading Glasses
    Boots of Escaping
    In Corp Mani Xen
    Hephaestus
  • daricdaric Posts: 31
    edited November 2022
    Grand master or legendary crafter gear. Loved those most. Silver weapons were cool too and then all those magic items from t2a era. Best things in those all was that they didn't have wall of numbers added. Virtue articats and paragon artifacts are nice too. Doom artifacts used to be cool get.
  • need make recipe for change AOF
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    need make recipe for change AOF
    What?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    edited May 2023
    Rocko said:
    What?

I think they are saying there should be a recipe that uses Armor of Fortune to create an upgraded item (like scholars halo). I'd agree with that. It's been 15-20 years since AOF has been around and while it's still the highest luck chest piece around, the mods are lacking. On the most recent luck suit I created, I went with an imbued chest piece (190 luck) to give me more resists/mods.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    keven2002 said:
    Rocko said:
    What?

I think they are saying there should be a recipe that uses Armor of Fortune to create an upgraded item (like scholars halo). I'd agree with that. It's been 15-20 years since AOF has been around and while it's still the highest luck chest piece around, the mods are lacking. On the most recent luck suit I created, I went with an imbued chest piece (190 luck) to give me more resists/mods.
    No gargoyle version 
  • I like Stone shoes, too lazy to use them though, I would like a version you can move in.

VVV crimmy, pretty much all the vvv stuff is nice even the deco.

Ethereal llama is great, a kangaroo would be cool, with a pouch you can store things in and it can box so you can use it to attack ppl.  :/

BOS is cool I never use them but like the concept, do they work with 120 ps?

All the books for ps, alacrity scrolls and pinks, be nice to have a storage system similar in chests for woods, ores, ingots, etc

The ships, Have had a few brit ships over the years and a whatever the fast one is, I would like a harbour spot you could park in so you didn't have to refresh your ship and maybe be able to live on your ship instead of a house, have vendors, ect

All the silver weapons back in the day, silver katana of vanquishing, so, cool.

I liked the UW boss concept but am not a huge fan of the loot which is just armor and crap, I would like so see new UW places with different bosses and loot.

Pets are awesome, love skrees, cu's, I would loved to see rideable dragons or drakes one day.

My favourite artifacts in game are the players, aged, old, decrepit, cheating in a twenty five year old game nobody cares about.

• daricdaric Posts: 31
    Armor of fortune. Could need little update though