Fall Dynamic Events Discussion

Comments

• FortisFortis Posts: 408
    edited August 2021
    psycho said:
    Kyronix said:
    Greetings Adventurers!

We are currently building out the Fall Dynamic Events.......... There have been a couple threads with comments scattered about, but it would be immensely helpful to aggregate that feedback here so we can take action.

Feel free to share any other feedback or reward items you would like to see

First of all delete felucca. There is no need for felucca in these dynamic events.If you had asked me 10years ago I would have said the complete opposite, but game has changed. Feluca is pvp and you cant get an even playing field these days. GL with outdated uoassist versus the various scripts and programs you meet on you oponent side. Nothing with value should be added to the felucian side untill the mess has been cleaned up. I am very sorry to have to say this.
    That being said, once the mess described above is fixed (not a dynamic event problem, but a general one) I would prefer the felucian side to have dynamic events and with cursed items as well.

As for specific rewards items
    I dont have concrete suggestions, but I really think the dynamic-event rewards should reflect two things: 1: The dungeon the event are in (we have had deceit, ice, fire) calling items "of the three" was a msitake.  "of ice" or "of wildfire" was good. The rewards should somehow also reflect this.

The second thing is of more deep historical propotions. We have had Order/Chaos, Factions, and VvV. The rewards from the dynamic events should also reflect the deep historical logic behind. If it has a story, why not add a reward (deco i.e) with order vs chaos theme, or faction theme (you have 4 factions to chose from) or new notreallyworking VvV system.  Make the colours and art right and you will have a perfect deco item right there. Or how about a necromancer spellbook with great mods from the ancient Shadowlords faction?  A magical hat of magi from the council of mages? The game is rich with history, Id like to see it reflected in todays rewards aswell.

Finally Id suggest a NPC to sell all previous rewards from the dynamic events, at a high cost. I.e. pop up ingame once a year and sell the items for gold.  (this makes an excellent gold drain and it makes the items available to the ones who missed the event)  Keep shard bound property.

Thank you
    yeah sell at high price for gold is a damn good idea i was thinking the same all week long....let say morphius at 400 mil...you can still get them for free if you farm drops....2 mil per drops seems ok for price...the should do the same with event item put a vendor at the end 150-200 mils per drop
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    Would be nice to get a plain set of epaulettes so robe slot items could be transmorped on them or even just a set of epaulettes with the hawkwind robe stats.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    psycho said:
    Kyronix said:
    Greetings Adventurers!

We are currently building out the Fall Dynamic Events.......... There have been a couple threads with comments scattered about, but it would be immensely helpful to aggregate that feedback here so we can take action.

Feel free to share any other feedback or reward items you would like to see

First of all delete felucca. There is no need for felucca in these dynamic events.If you had asked me 10years ago I would have said the complete opposite, but game has changed. Feluca is pvp and you cant get an even playing field these days. GL with outdated uoassist versus the various scripts and programs you meet on you oponent side. Nothing with value should be added to the felucian side untill the mess has been cleaned up. I am very sorry to have to say this.
    That being said, once the mess described above is fixed (not a dynamic event problem, but a general one) I would prefer the felucian side to have dynamic events and with cursed items as well.

As for specific rewards items
    I dont have concrete suggestions, but I really think the dynamic-event rewards should reflect two things: 1: The dungeon the event are in (we have had deceit, ice, fire) calling items "of the three" was a msitake.  "of ice" or "of wildfire" was good. The rewards should somehow also reflect this.

The second thing is of more deep historical propotions. We have had Order/Chaos, Factions, and VvV. The rewards from the dynamic events should also reflect the deep historical logic behind. If it has a story, why not add a reward (deco i.e) with order vs chaos theme, or faction theme (you have 4 factions to chose from) or new notreallyworking VvV system.  Make the colours and art right and you will have a perfect deco item right there. Or how about a necromancer spellbook with great mods from the ancient Shadowlords faction?  A magical hat of magi from the council of mages? The game is rich with history, Id like to see it reflected in todays rewards aswell.

Finally Id suggest a NPC to sell all previous rewards from the dynamic events, at a high cost. I.e. pop up ingame once a year and sell the items for gold.  (this makes an excellent gold drain and it makes the items available to the ones who missed the event)  Keep shard bound property.

Thank you
    I love the idea of a vendor where old event items might be purchased - once a year is fine and would allow newer players a way to acquire rare items. 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited August 2021
    “It’s a little odd that none of the wildfire drops are antique, cursed, brittle, prized, unwieldy, or heavy,
    Don’t see why they can’t spawn like normal loot. 

On Atlantic fel there were sampire bots that would auto insure and return artis and res automatically. You could easily kill them by stopping them by placing a box on the door and they would just stand still as they failed to pathfind, 
    would then return rince and repeat, but with auto insure of artis - no point to kill them. They are actually harder to kill than some players, auto arm when disarmed, auto evade at around 40% life, auto confidence. 
    Bots are called:
    hit life leech win
    stanza stark
    boop got your nose lol

Not sure why this is even allowed”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • GigglesGiggles Posts: 62
    edited August 2021
    I didn't read all the posts in here. I just came in here to say thank you for adding this past event to the fel side as well on all shards. PvP hasn't been stimulated like this in years. I had a blast being able to log into any shard and find a small or very large battle. The very difficult spawn also added a nice random contender for all sides to deal with.

I know PvP isn't for everyone, and I am sure that there are people upset that they couldn't multibox farm the fel spawn in "peace". But either way... a very large amount of players in this game still enjoy pvp, and most of us have felt pretty "red headed stepchild" lately when it comes to love, content, or attention from the devs.

Thank you again. I really hope that future dynamic events will incorporate fel spawns. it really has been an absolute blast. 

Why fit in when you were born to stand out? -Dr. Seuss
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    Yoshi said:
    “It’s a little odd that none of the wildfire drops are antique, cursed, brittle, prized, unwieldy, or heavy,”
    So you want to force people to use a bag of sending (I assume this works), so the bag can at least be stolen?  Or should bag of sending usage also be blocked?
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited August 2021
    psycho said:

I totally agree with this.

Unfortunately, it has been many years now, and everyone knows how Third Party scripting programs are still largely being used, Third Party scripting programs which, to my understanding, are against Ultima Online's TOS.

Therefore, as a consequence, as you very well point out, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get an "even PvP playing field" these days.

It has been tried, for many years, yet, we are today with that status of things we all know about.

Honestly, I do not even understand how, in these conditions and with so many players making use of Third Party scripting programs, there may even be anyone with a shiver of desire to do any PvP... their problem though...

But I totally aree that, with a game in these conditions, as you well point out, "Nothing with value should be added to the felucian side".

I mean, we need to face the reality of the status quo.....Third Party scripting programs which are against the TOS, I understand, are being used left and right, and of course that they enormousily imbalance the PvP field, especially, for those players who refuse to play a game using cheats.

Adding anything of value in these conditions, would be only further helping out players who cheat and use illegal scripting programs.

Especially, if there is any thinking of making the "Treasures of" Artifact drops be cursed in Felucca (which I think would be a grand mistake to do...), as doing this would only motivate even more players wanting to farm them in Felucca by the tons, to use these Third Party scripting applications to get an edge over fellow players... the more incentives that Designed content will give to players to use these illegal Third Party applications, I would imagine that the more players would of course be motivated to use...

Honestly, I mean, seriously ?

We have a TOS which is against the use of such illegal Third Party scripting programs and then, we consider Design that would add content of value to Felucca where players who use these illegal Third Party scripting programs can more and better benefit from it ?

@Mesanna@Kyronix , give it a though but, to my opinion, the right thing to do, unless you can come up, fastly, with a working and effective way to track down users of these illegal Third Party scripting applications, is, as @psycho says, to NOT add any content of value to the Felucca side.

One Reward which I would like to see, is a belt, blessed, of course, which would be the equivalent of the First Aid belt that Warriors or Tamers use to savely keep their bandages, but for Petals...

It is extremely annoying, as it was for bandages looted by Monsters, to see one's own Petals be looted by Monsters and then be gone because that Monster dies and the corpse decays before the player can retrieve them.

I mean, if the First Aid belt was conceived and introduced to address this issue with bandages being looted by Monsters then, I do not see why the same exact thing should not be done for petals....

Have a blessed belt that one can keep in one's own Main backpack that can store petals which then would not be looted by Monsters.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    Popps - what I do is place a ship near dungeon entrance, fill the cargo hold with 300 orange petals, fish steaks and pet food. Each character has an insured rune and after a death robe pops back to ship a restocks 10 of each perishable. I don't even bother with going back to body, all items blessed/insured and each drop I get is immediately insured. I'm saving my Undertaker Staff charges for the future.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    @Kyronix - After some heavy farming the past week or two (played about 3 hours a day for 10 days or so), I have come to the conclusion that the "Brittle" tag is all that is needed for the next event. The reason for this is that before I started this heavy farming (which is much less than some others have farmed) my double axe was 219 max durb; after I was finished my axe now has a max durb of 157. I was down about 100 durb total for this event and I really didn't go super crazy on it besides the last 10 days and half of those were on ATL which required less repairs given the large amount of people and lack of me killing. I have a friend that pretty much camped the event (on ATL) and their axe durb is at 68 as of today (essentially the axe lasted this event only). 

My conclusion is that if you make the weapons good enough with synergetic mods that can be used a lot; it's not going to last forever because people are actually using it. Now if you make a weapon like a dagger with 20 splinter / 2 mana regen / 30 SSI / 15 SDI then it won't ever be used and therefore would technically last forever (and would collect dust). 

Don't be afraid to make a brittle weapon with 255 durb as the reward; the more people use it the more it loses durb and will eventually run out. That is what you were looking to do and that is exactly what will happen as long as the weapon is good.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    keven2002 said:
    @ Kyronix - After some heavy farming the past week or two (played about 3 hours a day for 10 days or so), I have come to the conclusion that the "Brittle" tag is all that is needed for the next event. The reason for this is that before I started this heavy farming (which is much less than some others have farmed) my double axe was 219 max durb; after I was finished my axe now has a max durb of 157. I was down about 100 durb total for this event and I really didn't go super crazy on it besides the last 10 days and half of those were on ATL which required less repairs given the large amount of people and lack of me killing. I have a friend that pretty much camped the event (on ATL) and their axe durb is at 68 as of today (essentially the axe lasted this event only). 

My conclusion is that if you make the weapons good enough with synergetic mods that can be used a lot; it's not going to last forever because people are actually using it. Now if you make a weapon like a dagger with 20 splinter / 2 mana regen / 30 SSI / 15 SDI then it won't ever be used and therefore would technically last forever (and would collect dust). 

Don't be afraid to make a brittle weapon with 255 durb as the reward; the more people use it the more it loses durb and will eventually run out. That is what you were looking to do and that is exactly what will happen as long as the weapon is good.
        The problem most of you guys seem to be conflating, is that your "axe" is an easily replaceable item regardless of how long it lasts,  Whereas the event rewards are Not replaceable because they're from temporary content.  So once that reward item is gone, that's it... rebuild your suit or better yet, don't build your suit around irreplaceable temporary items in the first place. which is the route most seem to take.  
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    keven2002 said:
    @ Kyronix - After some heavy farming the past week or two (played about 3 hours a day for 10 days or so), I have come to the conclusion that the "Brittle" tag is all that is needed for the next event. The reason for this is that before I started this heavy farming (which is much less than some others have farmed) my double axe was 219 max durb; after I was finished my axe now has a max durb of 157. I was down about 100 durb total for this event and I really didn't go super crazy on it besides the last 10 days and half of those were on ATL which required less repairs given the large amount of people and lack of me killing. I have a friend that pretty much camped the event (on ATL) and their axe durb is at 68 as of today (essentially the axe lasted this event only). 

seriously lying to kyronix like this wont get you any attention...no way you played 2 weeks 3 hours per day and you had to repair your axe 4 times per day... i crafted one new for this event cost me like 2-3 mils got like 2k turns in and my axe lost 20 durability for the entire event....btw you know if you enchance you double axe with dull copper it will go back to over 200 maybe 255 i use to do it when im around 180 and always go back to 255...
    Hippo said:
    Popps - what I do is place a ship near dungeon entrance, fill the cargo hold with 300 orange petals, fish steaks and pet food. Each character has an insured rune and after a death robe pops back to ship a restocks 10 of each perishable. I don't even bother with going back to body, all items blessed/insured and each drop I get is immediately insured. I'm saving my Undertaker Staff charges for the future.
    I am sure that plenty of "work arounds" can be found.... but my argument, was another...

At some point, because players (Warriors and Tamers) were being looted by Monsters of their bandages, the Developer came up with the blessed First Aid belt...

Now, since the issue is just exactly the same one, for petals, I do not see the why, if it was done already for bandages, the same could not be also done for petals...

I mean, it comes, to my opinion, as a logical development....
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I don't believe a container for every consumable would be practical. Bandages are rather essential, orange petals less so. To avoid being completely deprived of your petals by looting mobs keep them in more than one stack.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Fortis said:
    keven2002 said:
    @ Kyronix - After some heavy farming the past week or two (played about 3 hours a day for 10 days or so), I have come to the conclusion that the "Brittle" tag is all that is needed for the next event. 
    seriously lying to kyronix like this wont get you any attention...no way you played 2 weeks 3 hours per day and you had to repair your axe 4 times per day... i crafted one new for this event cost me like 2-3 mils got like 2k turns in and my axe lost 20 durability for the entire event....btw you know if you enchance you double axe with dull copper it will go back to over 200 maybe 255 i use to do it when im around 180 and always go back to 255...
    I can show you my axe if you'd like. I won't go into exactly what I did but I ended up with way more than 2k turn in points. I find it hard to believe that you only lost 20 durb because when I was only playing an hour or so at the start of the event after the first few weeks I was down about 20 durb...so at least in my own personal experience that wasn't the case. Maybe we should compare notes bc I was doing something wrong; I'd love to only lose 20 durb over the whole event.

Also didn't know about the enhancing when durb was low on a weapon; thank you for that. 

@CovenantX - I see what you are saying but a weapon is like a tool for a warrior... there isn't 1 that works for every job so I don't know a single person that builds a suit or template around 1 weapon (unless maybe a splintering pvp weap?). I believe that some of the rewards of the dungeon should be tools to be more effective in that dungeon. It gives an immediate use to that reward and some possible use down the road. Example would be the Ice Talisman from last year.. helpful for that dungeon primarily but not something you'd build a suit around. That's where my thought was.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited September 2021
    “Kevin, are you using a repair bench that offers 180 blacksmith skill to carry out repairs? and at what point are you repairing your axe?
    (I only had to repair my axe one time)

also, the 3 sampire bots on Atlantic that were running more than 12 hours a day 7 days a week didn’t seem to have any issues”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    I noticed this one required fewer repairs than the last ones. No idea why.
    But I was in tram and used very little WW. But I'd have to repair a few times. Weapons wore the quickest.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Mariah said:
    I don't believe a container for every consumable would be practical. Bandages are rather essential, orange petals less so. To avoid being completely deprived of your petals by looting mobs keep them in more than one stack.
    The same argument, though, could be used for bandages.... that is, to keep them in more than one stack to prevent mobs by looting them all....

And, infact, this is what Warriors and Tamers did, before the blessed First Aid belt was a thing....

Now, why would petals be then treated differently ?

I see no difference here...

Furthermore, one would imagine that the Developers need ideas for Rewards to make available as, with every New Event, there is quite a few coming out....

Well, this is one idea for a New Reward that could be made available and come handy to players....
  • @Kyronix I always thought that a very good way to revive some old world hunting places was doom like recipes for old drops that will revive them. That way lot of people may be back to hunt again monsters that can be also made harder to beat. I guess all this needs some more time to make happen as it needs a lot of thought on new - after recipe - stats and thingies like that but i think its the only way to revive many places that have been long forgotten.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    popps said:
    Mariah said:
    The same argument, though, could be used for bandages.... that is, to keep them in more than one stack to prevent mobs by looting them all....

And, infact, this is what Warriors and Tamers did, before the blessed First Aid belt was a thing....

Now, why would petals be then treated differently ?

I see no difference here...

Furthermore, one would imagine that the Developers need ideas for Rewards to make available as, with every New Event, there is quite a few coming out....

Well, this is one idea for a New Reward that could be made available and come handy to players....
    When a Tamer dies his/her aids stay on the corpse and there is nothing more important to a Tamer than their aids so they can heal/rez pet to get the rest of the loot from corpse.
  • @Kyronix, request for future events:

On last day of events, all spawned monsters should be paragons.  This will be a chaotic "last hurrah" from the enemy forces.  Given it's the last day, this won't disrupt people that want to steer clear of such a paragon infestation.
    Maybe toss a few rewards onto the BUCs Pirate? I have the Pumpkin cannon, helms, and Pumpkin raft so these items would drop in value, but with Halloween around the corner it would be nice for newer players to get the chance to acquire these seasonal items. Another plus is that since these items already exist UO would not have to devote time to creating new content.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Hippo said:
    Maybe toss a few rewards onto the BUCs Pirate? I have the Pumpkin cannon, helms, and Pumpkin raft so these items would drop in value, but with Halloween around the corner it would be nice for newer players to get the chance to acquire these seasonal items. Another plus is that since these items already exist UO would not have to devote time to creating new content.
    i love this idea.
    And the exploding Jack O'Lantern
    I would love it, if they added something for the front of the ship
    like a pirates flag or the figurehead that was on the pirates ships during Treasures of the Seas
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Hippo said:
    i love this idea.
    And the exploding Jack O'Lantern
    I would love it, if they added something for the front of the ship
    like a pirates flag or the figurehead that was on the pirates ships during Treasures of the Seas
    Like a dolphin cutter!
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited September 2021
    someone posted on the other forums for a reward to be a floor tile, like Medusa's.
    which made me think that a floor tile with the Wildfire color
    with a fire steed on it, would have been perfect for Wildfire.
    so I suggest for the upcoming next treasures

if it is in say Destard...
    do a floor tile the color of armor drops and
    have creatures of the dungeons (usual spawning creatures)
    like the shadow wyrm or the new tameables (platinum and crimson drake)

I know there is a Hildebrandt floor tile in the store
    but this would be different because of the event color

would be good if you can place it facing south or east
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Aside from being sure to fix provo how about some new slayers at least ? we have no Eodon slayers etc etc the last semi decent toy we got was the flutes of renewal . i know we aint ever getting the sweet Howl many creatures get but how about a new instrument with a way lessor version did someone say bagpipes ? really anything to show a slight acknowledgment that bards are even still here ...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • A gruesome standard for ships where you can name the body that's mounted on it. A larger version of the pumpkin rowboat(one of my favorite all-time bizarre items). Make the pumpkin canon available again for a short period of time.
    ... A larger version of the pumpkin rowboat(one of my favorite all-time bizarre items)... time.
    If Pumpkin rowboat offered again, please ensure that it can be launched from a ship. Currently it can only be launched from shore.
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    One of the rewards should be a good caster cloak (with LMC or SDI or luck).   This doesn't exist :)
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited September 2021
    I want to see the Potion of Glorious Fortune return. There's quite a few drops i'd like to get this time around on two shards, and i'd rather buy the Potion (Broadsword/EA make $$$) and earn the Artifacts myself in my limited playtime, than try to buy the Artifacts from some third party seller.