House Plot Auction Stygian Abyss

BenBen Posts: 208
Hey everyone, the house plot in the southern side of Stygian Abyss is being auctioned. You can register your email here. It is not really clear. The house is in place, and a trophy next to it asks for your email when you click on it. Not sure of much else.

Comments

• BenBen Posts: 208
    edited August 2021
    Radar shot above, map location below. All in.

What could possibly account for two change in lottery dates within the last few days of the drawing? As many on the shard are now joking, the winner is predetermined.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Only thing I can think of is the people that won didn't want it or some how it allowed EJ Accounts to enter the drawing.  If it is anything else then I would agree that something smells fishy.
  • Ben said:
    What could possibly account for two change in lottery dates within the last few days of the drawing? As many on the shard are now joking, the winner is predetermined.
    Oh, you didn't win? For decades, UO lives on rumors and stories which are made up, from players like you, see this example. As long as the developers don't respond to such rumors, it seems anyone can claim what they want.
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
    edited September 2021
    Vagabond said:
    Ben said:
    Oh, you didn't win? For decades, UO lives on rumors and stories which are made up, from players like you, see this example. As long as the developers don't respond to such rumors, it seems anyone can claim what they want.
    A legitimate question gets this response. I was the one that put out the notice to everyone on this forum and the Asia game forums such as Discord and Wechat that there was a lottery. Before that, I learned from one player that he knew of it and there was not even an official announcement for all to take advantage of this. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    The official notice was posted 24th August.  One reason for extending the deadline might be that there aren't enough entries? It needs an account that doesn't already have a house. Getting a house is one of the first things most players aspire to, so house free accounts aren't that common except for those people who actually buy and sell houses?
    I understand that. Thank you for sharing that perspective. Communication builds understanding.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Why cant you own a house prior?
    you can - but you'd have to be willing to give it up. The winner HAS to be able to take the house.
    Mariah said:
    The official notice was posted 24th August.  One reason for extending the deadline might be that there aren't enough entries? It needs an account that doesn't already have a house. Getting a house is one of the first things most players aspire to, so house free accounts aren't that common except for those people who actually buy and sell houses?
    The bolded part is untrue.
    Please also know that you can only accept this house if you do not have a house currently.

Mariah said:
    Please also know that you can only accept this house if you do not have a house currently.

That is a new twist because in the past it was you could own a house but by accepting this house it would condemn your old house.
    Mariah said:

That is a new twist because in the past it was you could own a house but by accepting this house it would condemn your old house.
    Good point, Frodo. That is where the confusion came in for many people. I had people writing me on Wechat from the mainland this morning asking about this. I could not give them a straight answer except to say what I already had heard yesterday, that you can not already have a house, period. So, that rules out most people. I was willing to drop my house if I had been selected and notified, or let it go into IDOC, but not before. 
    Meanwhile, what is the status of the auction now?
    Finally. Congratulations to YT on winning the lottery for the house plot on the South Side of Stygian Abyss.
    Latest update. The Ranger Abyss house has changed ownership. It is now owned by Uncle Buck. Two house teleporter tiles are in place. One takes you to the other house in Stygian Abyss, while the second tile takes you to a house in Luna.