Enhanced Subscription Proposal

Perhaps a Enhanced Subscription for UO can be the next step in the development of the game. The Enhanced Subscription would allow for only one new advancement, that of castle customization. The Enhanced Subscription would not only allow players who play for other reasons to meet their creative needs, but support the game as a whole by providing increased revenue.

The Enhanced Subscription would allow custom castle design at a cost. To reduce lag on servers, lockdowns would be at 75% of normal castle placement. Vendors would not be allowed. To reduce bling, subscribers to Enhanced Subscription for UO would have to choose between lockdowns of rares collected and the designs they wish to place.

I have owned two castles on Formosa over the last two years. I let them both drop just to go back to an 18x18 I could design. No longer would there be a need for a Keep and Castle design contest. With the Enhanced Subscription the game could still  meet the creative outlet needs for players who lean this way, and at the same time boost revenue. I propose it would even raise subscriptions as a whole from a new generation of players who play a different way.

Many would readily pay twice as much for this allowance. The game is fun, but it is ready for something totally new.

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,296
    Not sure I understand what you are proposing but know I would not pay twice as much for it.  No way I would pay $20 a month for this game.  Sorry.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,247
    Pay twice as much to get less storage all for a custom castle plot, LOL  NO TY
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    I'm thinking if I'm paying more (double?! no way) I don't want less storage I'd want more.
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    Pay twice as much to get less storage all for a custom castle plot, LOL  NO TY
    You do not have to pay more, nor get more. Some of us will. The company benefits by making more revenue that benefits all., and so do we who wish more control over our game style and creativity.
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    edited September 2021
    Marge said:
    I'm thinking if I'm paying more (double?! no way) I don't want less storage I'd want more.
    You do not have to pay more. Those of us willing to pay more do not need more storage. Hoarding and displaying wares, that slow down servers, is not our game style. Many of us are willing to pay more to have control over our creativity. This may not comfort plot sitters, multi–account castle squatters and others, but that is not important. The company benefits all around and so do creative players whose style is different.