An easy to use build for Wildfire Paragons

PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
edited August 2021 in General Discussions
We have a guy on LS running around and can solo all the paras with this build.  You can drag paras onto him and he still kills them.
I have been trying it, I am not good enough to solo a Balron or Lich Lord but I can solo the others.
So that's the same as what I can do with my other warriors solo. We happened to have all the different paragons on LS last night so I got lots of practice.  There were 6 at the second floor entry so everyone was gone and I had the floor to myself.

It is based on White Tiger form.  I used my Swords Sampire and converted him to this.
It just needs the basic warrior skills and Ninja for the form.  It is not that point heavy.

White Tiger Form  Active spell in Ninjitsu Mastery.
the ninja transforms into a white tiger, providing the ninja with a buff to defense chance increase, a chance to evade attacks based on mastery level, and an applied bleed attack on targets based on ninjitsu skill and best weapon skill.  

I have Mastery III and 120 Weapon and Ninja skill.  So I get +5 to DCI cap and +20 DCI.

While in White Tiger form:
You can use no spells from any other spell category including Chivalry or Bushido.
You can not use any weapon specials.
Dismount knocks you out of the form.

Since I am not using hiding or stealth, The only Ninja spell you can use is Mirror Image.
Mirror Image is the key.
You can use virtues.  Like Honor etc.
White Tiger form moves at mount speed.
Mirror image casts on the run and does not stop you swinging.

The only way to heal is with bandages.

Why is this easy?  You only have 3 things you can do in this form.  Honor target, Make mirror images, Heal.  If you do not have Bushido, then there is no need to honor.  So, just 2 things to do.

My template:

Those are all real skill.  You just need the Ninja at 120 Real.  This is the base template to use this
Template and method.  I will have 150 Str, I have extra Dex I can drop.  Also this does not use a lot of mana.

I have 50 more points I can use.  You can have more points with jewels.

From this basic template setup you can choose the way you want to get your parry chance.
I chose to use a shield and go with the old basic parry chance formula.
I am going to get healing to 100 then put on resist.  I'm tired of waiting for paralyze to wear off.

You can use the extra points to add Bushido and use a two handed weapon so you can use Honor for more damage.

You may need more FC and FCR than I have.

Technique:

You just go up to the Paragon and start smacking it.  As soon as you start hitting you cast Mirror Image over and over.  So you just stand there smacking and pressing mirror image and bandage as needed.
This is a defensive template.  Mirror image diverts hits to those and they die.  You have your Parry, DCI, and there is built in evade with the form.

You choose the weapon that does the most damage to the target.  You can not use specials so you want to be at Max SSI on a high damage weapon.  I am using a Longsword because I could find them on VS on Atlantic, I brought it back and put the things I need on it.  I do not need Mana Leech.

@popps ;  this is an easy to make template. It will kill all the Paragons once you learn how to use it.
I teamed this with my tamer and we killed a para Balron in 2 minutes or less.  Tamer just left his Cu Sidhe on it with consume running.

The Player on LS uses a 100% energy Undead slayer diamond mace.  So he is killing Para Balrons without a slayer.  He uses solders medallion Tali.

This should be able to do any Spawn Boss.  You could do a spawn without tiger form so you can use WW then go into tiger form for the Boss.  Maybe use wraith form to keep your speed during the spawn.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
temp.png 297.3K

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    @McDougle ; Yes White Tiger form would be OP if you could cast or use specials.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Pawain said:
    @ McDougle  Yes White Tiger form would be OP if you could cast or use specials.
    LOL well played well played !
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    A feint parry ninja is very effective also takes forever to kill anything but you stay alive..
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited August 2021
    Pawain said:

I have been trying it, I am not good enough to solo a Balron or Lich Lord but I can solo the others.

You have mentioned, if I understood it as correctly, that the other player can kill all Paragons.... but, I understand, you cannot kill solo Balrons or Lich Lord Paragons...

Why the difference, I do not understand, if the Template needs to only cast Mirrors and heal oneself ?

You should be able to also kill Balron and Lich Lord Paragons as he does, right ?

Perhaps there is something missing in the described Template or in the Tactics being used which he does, that permits him to also kill Balron and Lich Lord Paragons but that, I seem to understand, you cannot, if solo ?
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    edited August 2021
    @Pawain to what do you attribute your inability to solo lich lords?  I ask because I find those one of the easier to survive encounters, less difficult than fire daemon or succubus. However I can't take on paragon balron alone.
    My characters template is anat 100, Busido 120, chiv 105 (15 on ring) parry 90, swords 120 tactics 100. For all paragons I use a combination of confidence, healing and close wounds (protection cast) to survive (also honor if I can get it in before the darn thing blesses itself) [edit] forgot, orange petals[/edit]
    weapon for lich lords is 100% fire bladed whip having stamina & mana leech (life leech too, but irrelevant for this battle) + conjurer's trinket.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    You can also use potions in animal forms. 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    And Tiger form is 90 ninja skill with no fail. It also has a bleed attack.
    edited August 2021
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

You have mentioned, if I understood it as correctly, that the other player can kill all Paragons.... but, I understand, you cannot kill solo Balrons or Lich Lord Paragons...

Why the difference, I do not understand, if the Template needs to only cast Mirrors and heal oneself ?

You should be able to also kill Balron and Lich Lord Paragons as he does, right ?

Perhaps there is something missing in the described Template or in the Tactics being used which he does, that permits him to also kill Balron and Lich Lord Paragons but that, I seem to understand, you cannot, if solo ?
    Balrons
     I have slow reflexes. I get bored pressing buttons in about 20 seconds so I slow down. I'll run away when my HP gets low, when I should just stay.  So it's really my fault. 

Lich Lords
    I only made a 1 handed demon weapon. When I used my 2 handed undead weapon I did not have enough fc and fcr. So I got a different ring and used a shield with fc. So when I got my template modified I needed a better weapon for them. So again my fault.

Last night someone gave me a fire weapon that was just plain. I could kill a para lich fast. So if it had a slayer I could move to the Lich Lord.

Also, how do I put this. We think the other player is a bot. So he does the correct thing at the correct time. So my human frailness and panicking caused me to not do as well.

Urge said:
    You can also use potions in animal forms. 
    Good point thanks.
    @ Pawain to what do you attribute your inability to solo lich lords?  I ask because I find those one of the easier to survive encounters, less difficult than fire daemon or succubus. However I can't take on paragon balron alone.
    My characters template is anat 100, Busido 120, chiv 105 (15 on ring) parry 90, swords 120 tactics 100. For all paragons I use a combination of confidence, healing and close wounds (protection cast) to survive (also honor if I can get it in before the darn thing blesses itself) [edit] forgot, orange petals[/edit]
    weapon for lich lords is 100% fire bladed whip having stamina & mana leech (life leech too, but irrelevant for this battle) + conjurer's trinket.
    I panic when they do pain strike on me. So I run and they wipe me out with spells so, my fault.
    All my warriors the same 
    Tactics
    Anatomy 
    Healing 
    Chiv
    Resisting spells or parry 
    Weapon skill 

My swordsman uses radiant scimitar and shield with parry many slayer 
    Thrower uses resisting spells many slayers 
    Archer runs 55lmc high luck and only one bow 210 luck composite 
    Any of these can solo any of the paragons..
    edited August 2021
    Yup that's my melee guys. I use parry. Have apples and petals.

One archer is a bard one is a tamer. I have a necro archer that I don't use much.

If I can not kill something, it is not the template or weapons. It's my reflexes and skill.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Pawain said:
    @ Pawain to what do you attribute your inability to solo lich lords?  I ask because I find those one of the easier to survive encounters, less difficult than fire daemon or succubus. However I can't take on paragon balron alone.
    I panic when they do pain strike on me. So I run and they wipe me out with spells so, my fault.
    I can relate to that, I'm rather inclined to panic myself. Don't worry about pain strike, just heal through it like anything else. I almost ignore it. Worst necro spell for me comes from the silly paragon bone mages. Suicide by blood oath has killed me far more times than lich lords. :D
    I love my whips, with 81% mana leech I rarely run out of mana for casting, unless I'm hit with mana drain. (it also seemed to really amuse the other folk in the dungeon to see the lich getting his ... erm?  rear? whipped.)
    Blood oath  >:)
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited September 2021
    The key to that is Mirror Image, not the White Tiger Form. With 120 Ninjitsu, Mirror Image has a 90% chance to deflect an incoming kinetic attack onto a Mirror Image (beats the hell out of Parry). After hitting a Mirror Image, the mob de-aggros and stands around for several seconds while getting hit, it'll instantly re-aggro onto you if you hit it with a spell though, including a "Hit Lightning" effect on a wep. You could actually kill them faster while on foot in regular form spamming AI/Double Strike and Mirror Image. The Bleed tick from the White Tiger Form actually makes the mob re-aggro onto you faster after they hit a Mirror Image.

My Macer/Paladin can easily solo Paragon Fire Daemons and Succubus. Stagger (-60% SSI for 10 secs) and a Hit Fatigue Hammer Pick (drop them down to 0% Stamina) annihilates the melee damage output of most mobs.
    Paragon Lich Lords can be tricky though, due to the bulk of their damage being from magic (not affected by my melee debuffs), and they can unleash some nasty burst damage combos. I've regularly been dropped from 168 Health to 60s (while riding a GM Armored Swampy with 80 Resist skill...) after a Paragon LL hit me with a melee+Explosion+Wither+Pain Spike combo within the same second. Usually have to drop my shield and chug a Greater Heal pot then. The Lich truly has the most fearsome spellcasting AI in UO.
    Paragon Balrons i can solo as well, but can be tricky at first. If i can get Stagger off on them and then land enough successive AIs to drop their Stamina to 0%, then they become MUCH easier. If they're successfully landing 43 damage hits on me at the start of the fight though, it becomes much tougher due to me having to run and heal and try to reset the fight basically. If i'm unable to keep up the AI pressure, they'll quickly regen their Stamina back (dat Paragon Regen rate). I started using my Death Ray Tamer/Mage © and his 120 Disco+CB Triton to tank the Para Balron, as my Macer/Pally would kill him, made it much easier.
  • Here's the 3 weps my Macer/Paladin used for the Treasures of Fire Event. Also used a Flame Slayer Talisman with 53% Fire Ele Protection.

• So I actually made this build. The worst part about is that you need the right jewels. And a couple key pieces of armor. But this char could probably  take on anything in the game. Things I’ve done with mine are: roof, rooms, allosaurus, T. rex ect ect. Going to try puturifuer this evening. Any questions feel free to ask me.  But The key to the temp is. Mirror  image and  heal. Good luck. 
    edited September 2021
    I made this on my #4 melee toon so he has started with the worst suit. But, a swords suit is by far the less needy.  You don't need as much SSI  and stamina as other dexxers do.

I just searched a jewel for some FC and FCR that had HCI got it for less than 1M. Happened to have str on it also.  Other jewel had SSI.  Changed to a shield with SSI and FC DCI and 1 hand weapon.  My shield may have helped me.  I think the shield from Cora may work. But I just had Garg ones.

Glad you are having fun with it.

I think it is easy to use for those of us with slower reflexes because you just push 2 buttons when the fight begins.

Keep us posted on what else you can kill thanks.  T rex is not a melee friendly guy.

So I actually made this build. The worst part about is that you need the right jewels. And a couple key pieces of armor. But this char could probably  take on anything in the game. Things I’ve done with mine are: roof, rooms, allosaurus, T. rex ect ect. Going to try puturifuer this evening. Any questions feel free to ask me.  But The key to the temp is. Mirror  image and  heal. Good luck. 
    What FC and FCR are you using?
  • Hey all,

What would be the ideal gear setup for this template?

Thanks in advance.
    Necronom said:
    Hey all,

What would be the ideal gear setup for this template?

Thanks in advance.
    Pick a High damage 1 hand weapon or a two hander.  Specials don't matter while in form.
    Swords is easiest.  My stats above worked for max speed and damage,

Specific weapon setup for Hythloth would be a cold damage weapon. Can wear a Demon Talisman or use a Demon slayer weapon. The Wildfire Wisp opposes Demon it is Fey. So remove Demon slayer when Fighting those.

If nothing changes from TC, I am going to take a Cold Demon weapon and a Cold Fey weapon.
    Switch between as needed.  At the moment my flame slayer tali would kill the Hell hounds faster.

Calculate Swing speed for your weapon. https://www.knuckleheads.dk/tools/ssi

Suit
    You need 150 dex for max speed bandaging. Stamina determined by weapon.
    Strength as close to 150 as you can get.
    FC 2 FCR 4   More FCR if possible.
    You don't need a lot of Mana.

Hythloth seems like it has enough mobs to keep you busy.
  • @Pawain Thanks muchly..
  • Pawain said:
    I made this on my #4 melee toon so he has started with the worst suit. But, a swords suit is by far the less needy.  You don't need as much SSI  and stamina as other dexxers do.

I just searched a jewel for some FC and FCR that had HCI got it for less than 1M. Happened to have str on it also.  Other jewel had SSI.  Changed to a shield with SSI and FC DCI and 1 hand weapon.  My shield may have helped me.  I think the shield from Cora may work. But I just had Garg ones.

Glad you are having fun with it.

I think it is easy to use for those of us with slower reflexes because you just push 2 buttons when the fight begins.

Keep us posted on what else you can kill thanks.  T rex is not a melee friendly guy.

So I actually made this build. The worst part about is that you need the right jewels. And a couple key pieces of armor. But this char could probably  take on anything in the game. Things I’ve done with mine are: roof, rooms, allosaurus, T. rex ect ect. Going to try puturifuer this evening. Any questions feel free to ask me.  But The key to the temp is. Mirror  image and  heal. Good luck. 
    What FC and FCR are you using?
    2/6