Wildfire Ostard

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
"Bird slayer (talisman) does not appear to deal any extra damage"
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Out of curiosity does a reptile/ dragon slayer work on swampy?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Yes, 
    just bear in mind single slot mounts are subject to 35 cap armor ignore so other specials are more effective”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Need some additional information re: how you are attempting to damage said creature.  The Wildfire Ostard body type is defined as being vulnerable to Bird Slayer so something else must be going on that we need more information for. 
    edited July 2021
    "Just tried in a controlled environment, 
    confirmed hitting 57 damage Armor ignore with a bladed staff without a talisman, 57 damage with the bird slayer talisman, 

What are you attempting to hit said creature with?

(related issue Phoenix no slayer vulnerability - Ultima Online Forums (uo.com) )"
    "Just tested on test centre, bird slayer spellbook seems to be working (not tried on prodo yet). 

Related issue: undead slayer spellbook has no effect on players in undead form (vampire/horrific beast), whereas undead talisman does deal additional damage"
    "Tested bird slayer talisman against normal frenzied ostard, is working,
    as this is a new bug introduced with wildfire ostards, i believe this should be fixed as a hotfix"
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Yoshi said:
    "Tested bird slayer talisman against normal frenzied ostard, is working,
    as this is a new bug introduced with wildfire ostards, i believe this should be fixed as a hotfix"
    A 400HP pet is really that difficult to kill?  A tamer can bother you in Fel?  I should make a PvP Triceratops then.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited September 2021
    “still not working,

you have people with bugged wildfire ostards that you can't damage, and healing pet with another bug..

This was not an issue the last few weeks as people had not fully trained the pets, but now they're trained the 2 bugs are causing an issue together

"

edited September 2021
    Deleted 
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited September 2021
    Yoshi said:
    "Just tried in a controlled environment, 
    confirmed hitting 57 damage Armor ignore with a bladed staff without a talisman, 57 damage with the bird slayer talisman, 

What are you attempting to hit said creature with?

(related issue Phoenix no slayer vulnerability - Ultima Online Forums (uo.com) )"

Last i checked, Armor Ignore damage is capped against pets, with the cap based on the pet's max Health. The more max Health it has, the more AI can do.
    Publish 98 - Direct damage cap for pets is now based on Pet’s HP and can exceed 35.

Test auto attack damage against the Wildfire Ostard with, and without Bird Slayer Talisman. When i did so on TC when the Wildfire Ostard was first introduced, Bird Slayer Talisman was indeed working on them.
    edited September 2021
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Yoshi said:
    Couldn't have said it better maybe pooops can help teach you how to kill a tamer..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited September 2021
    "okay yes is working thanks @PlayerSkillFTW, seems i was already hitting cap damage AI as i was testing with 100 damage increase with bladed staff, the ostard i tested on was just a 3 slot so only did 57 damage cap, but can do 118 against 5 slot, slayer talisman does work thanks.

Can hit 118 damage with just katana with bird slayer nice

Can close thread"
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Thread closed, with thanks to @PlayerSkillFTW for the explanation of the problem.
This discussion has been closed.