Rewards for next Event ?

Would it be possible to have, for next Event, as Reward items, some wearables with +20 Necromancy, for example, a Spellbook having, aside from the usual important properties for a spellcaster, also 20 Necromancy to help out using wraith form for Elves and Gargoyles who, not being human, do not have the 20 base skill from JOAT.

It could also be a Sash, or earrings, or maybe footware, or perhaps a talisman having, among other things, +20 Necromancy...

Or maybe, an enhanced version of the Tangle Apron for spellcasters having also +20 Necromancy ?

Or maybe a spellbook like the Drogeni (that is, intended for Mages, not Necromancers.... real Necromancers would, I imagine, want to have all their Necromancy skill as "real", rather then on items, to better benefit from their Necromancy Masteries....) but a spellbook having also +20 Necromancy so as, to permit the use of Wraith Form for Elves and Gargoyles spellcasters ?

This way, players not wanting to mess up with their jewellery in order to accomodate the minimum 20 Necromancy to cast Wraith Form if Elves or Gargoyles, could do it, without sacrificing important other pieces of their suit....

Just an idea....

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    There is a sticky thread just for ideas like this:

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/9030/fall-dynamic-events-discussion#latest
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    but if we post in the sticky thread might not our post be over looked??

now if we post here in a new post do our ideas not have a better chance of being seen thus possible implemented?

this surely is the way to go it gives every player a level field when posting their ideas and there is no downside.
     just to clarify even with the existing thread might not my idea be better received in new thread without all the distractions of those other plainly lessor ideas?

at least that's the way i see it 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
     :D 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Do you have a necro mage Popps or are you speaking for the people again ?
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Try ‘midnight bracers’”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited August 2021
    Yoshi said:
    “Try ‘midnight bracers’”
    The problem with Midnight Bracers, is that, because they can be turned into Cuffs of the Archmage, they are ridicolousily priced... also, for the +20 Necromancy that they give, other then the physical resists which are ok, the other resists are way too low...

Furthermore, considering how Wraith Form comes on itself with +15% Physical Resists, to also have another +23% Physical Resist on the Midnight Bracers BUT, at the expense of the other Resists, is a waste, and also a costly one.... 

I'd rather be able to use earrings or a Sash or a Talisman or some Footware with +20 Necromancy... they would be a more acceptable trade off with existing items for same slots..... or, to see an enhanced Tangle that had, besides the normal properties of a Tangle, also +20 Necromancy on it.

I do not see it of any issue, since, with 0 Spirit Speak, the most that Wraith Form would bring to Elves and Gargoyles would be a +5% Mana Leech back so, adding +20 Necromancy to an item for a "side slot" such as earrings, sash, Talisman, Footware, or adding it to with an enhanced version of a Tangle to permit Elves and Gargoyles to go into Wraith Form, would be totally acceptable, IMHO.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    edited August 2021
    with reference to this thread I believe the idea is to be able to cast wraith form without investing any points into the skill 
    Katakotl’s Ring ring can give 20 necromancy
    Bloodwood Spirit - 5 necromancy 10 spirit speak (or Necromancer's Phylactery Spirit Speak +10 )
    Midnight bracers - 20 necromancy
    Ossian Grimoire - 10 necromancy
    + random spawning bracelet up to another 20
    So up to 65 points in Necro
    Yes while there are many other perfectly acceptable ways to get what i suggest let me point out i shall ignore them all. 

But why you say ?
    Now let's look at this in depth frankly none of these things are exactly what I've asked for so of course are just completely unacceptable 

The developers should therefore waste large amounts of time reading my lengthy dissertations on what ii need and why.

Case in point unless it's what I've asked for and well honestly even then i shall whole heartedly disagree with multiple paragraphs. 

But back to the task at hand which is plainly obvious I've a serious mental illness involving word counts which explains my love for necromancy as ii bore to death. 

At least that's how I see it

edited August 2021
    “Popps are you playing a mage necro? If so try the magic reflect spell.

As for the price, they’re free if you get them yourself - they still spawn.

you could have your own little event in doom”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    with reference to this thread I believe the idea is to be able to cast wraith form without investing any points into the skill 
    Katakotl’s Ring ring can give 20 necromancy
    Bloodwood Spirit - 5 necromancy 10 spirit speak (or Necromancer's Phylactery Spirit Speak +10 )
    Midnight bracers - 20 necromancy
    + random spawning bracelet up to another 20
    So up to 65 points in Necro
    But the problem is, that to accomodate any of those items one would need to "re-organize" an entire suit...

Instead, I was thinking of an item taking a less important slot for a spellcaster (sash, earrings, talisman, footware...) that could be worn "on a fly", without having to mess up an existing suit too much, with the +20 Necromancy, so that also Elves and Gargoyles could do it... even if for a basis benefit of only +5% Mana Leech with 0 Spirit Speak...

I mean, for such a little benefit in Mana Leech, is it not worth it to re-work an entire suit, especially, considering how hard it is to find suit pieces for Gargoyles...

Introducing a less important slot with +20 Necromancy on it, could be beneficial to Elves and Gargoyles without having to mess up with their existing suits too much...
    edited August 2021

"Juo'nar's Grimoire gives +15 necromancy, plus better mods

also missed out the cast-off zombie skin +5 necromancy, + 5 spirit speak"

McDougle said:
    Yes while there are many other perfectly acceptable ways to get what i suggest let me point out i shall ignore them all. 

But why you say ?
    Now let's look at this in depth frankly none of these things are exactly what I've asked for so of course are just completely unacceptable 

The developers should therefore waste large amounts of time reading my lengthy dissertations on what ii need and why.

Case in point unless it's what I've asked for and well honestly even then i shall whole heartedly disagree with multiple paragraphs. 

But back to the task at hand which is plainly obvious I've a serious mental illness involving word counts which explains my love for necromancy as ii bore to death. 

I imagine, that, with new and upcoming Events, the Developers might be looking at Feedback and ideas from players who play the game, about possible new Rewards which they might see as useful and to see as added in future, upcoming Treasures of events.

I happen to think that, a new Reward item using a secondary, less important slot with +20 Necromancy on it, could be beneficial to some players who may want to go into Wraith Form on a Elf or Gargoyle without having to mess up with their suit too much.

So, by no means am I trying to waste Developers' time but, only, trying to provide a point of few in an item which I think that, at least some players playing Elves and Gargoyles, might find interesting....

Of course, as with all Reward items, those who would not find such a new Reward item useful for them, would not need to bother using up their drops' point to claim it...

But that does not mean that it could not be beneficial to some "other" players, if the Developers were to make one such item as available...

At least, to my viewing.......

Yoshi said:
    “Popps are you playing a mage necro? If so try the magic reflect spell.

you could have your own little event in doom”

The odds for getting Midnight Bracers as a drop in Doom are quite low.... considering how it is 1 item out of how many possible Doom drops ? I think they are about 39 or 40 possible drops AND, also to be considered, the drop rate is, to my understanding, 1 in a thousand (or 1 in a hundred for Dark Fathers).....

Bottom line is, MONTHS could go by without ever seeing a Midnight Bracers' drop....

As i see it what is needed is an improvement to the current top build the sampire i propose the poppampire with this build you will need little to no actual necromancy. 

This will free up skill points for other uses perhaps 

Now if this doesn't work rather than adjusting my build or play style i will pen epic lengthy reasons to nerf others build

Now it might appear crazy to use this approach but hear me out

With my obsession for 100 word post and my gid given ability to say nothing at all in many different ways i will simply wear everyone's resistance down

I will not even have to bother with logging in and playing people will send me all i desire 
    And isn't getting exactly what I think is important what truly matters here

At least that's how I view it..

Yoshi said:

The problem with Juo'nar's Grimoire, is that it only comes with +15% SDI.... an Invasion Spellbook with +50% SDI is, on comparison, much better to be used.

There is also the problem of the random slayer.... using it for going into Wraith form, and then happening to be fighting opposing Monsters to that Slayer, could become a problem.

As I said, it would be much more beneficial to have a new Reward be introduced, with the +20 Necromancy needed for Elves and Gargoyles to go into Wraith Form, with an item taking up a secondary, less important slot such as a sash, earrings, talisman, footware...

This way, one would not need to mess up too much with their existing suit for such a small benefit of +5% Mana Leech when having 0 Spirit Speak.
    edited August 2021
    "on classic client, you can create up to 4 arm macros and switch instantly- unlimited on EC, so you can carry all the super slayers, they're fairly cheap and blessed so no extra insurance- if you're using the correct slayer, it amounts to more spell damage than the 50sdi

I recommend dying the spellbooks different colours, - i dye mine the colour of the champ skull
    EG daemon is yellow
    fey is white
    repond is blue
    etc"
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Yoshi said:

:) Sorry, I didn't make a fully comprehensive list. I kind of lost patience with it. 

UO has, since inception, been a checks & balance, make choices game. No devs from the beginning have subscribed to the 'have your cake and eat it' philosophy. If you want the benefit of all those extra skill points, you have to give up something else. If you're of the 'I want it all' mind set, you're playing the wrong game.
    But perhaps giving players more options and more importantly me exactly what I want despite and bearing on reality is a good thing 

I mean happy players spend more money and certainly i will just keep typing until my insane demands are met so why not just give in ?

The benefits of this are clear more templates i can not make then complain about 
    My word count stays high and it's really a win win

To iterate what i want is totally not needed if i simply did what the entire rest of the player base does but i should be given ut anyway despite the many responses showing why not

• popps said:

Just an idea....

Maybe you should have thought about this before creating your character, selecting your race, building your suit etc.

Necro has been around for near 20 years, JOAT has been around for maybe 15+ years, the benefits of JOAT with Wraith form have never been a secret.  Now that you realise you have made a mistake, you want the game to bend to your will?

No.

Tweak your template, your jewels, go human, adapt, like everyone else does.  Just an idea...
    Now let's ignore any facts or reality that doesn't make me happy. 

My plan for the Poppampire will go on 
    Soon everyone will adapt and admire my clever build 
    So back to the important issues 

1. I need what I want clearly as it's my idea it must be wonderful and good 
    If it's good for me it's obviously gonna be good for you 
    A happy player base spends more 
    And my word count fetish is met once again 

Now let's ignore the nine other ways i can add necro and create a total new thing 
    As i pointed out in the initial post creating a new thread and ignoring the existing one created by the developers makes my idea stand out and sure to succeed 

Going forward lets just keep facts and reality out of this discussion 

And I'm happy 

edited August 2021
    @Petra_Fyde
    If you want the benefit of all those extra skill points, you have to give up something else.
    @McDougle
    This will free up skill points for other uses perhaps
    @Yui_Zii_Ariya
    Maybe you should have thought about this before creating your character, selecting your race, building your suit etc.

Honestly, I do not see the big of a deal to offer to Elves and Gargoyles the possibility to use Wraith Form with a mere +5% Mana Leech by introducing a new Reward "secondary slot" item come with +20 Necromancy on it, thus without forcing players to have to mess up too much with their existing suits and templates.

I hear people suggesting all sorts of most incredible items but then, if I suggest an item to consent to Elves and Gargoyles to more easily and with less headaches to use Wraith Form and to get what ? A mere +5% Mana Leech if with 0 Spirit Speak, and this should be the one item that would break Ultima Online balance ?

Yeah right......
    And it should only cost 5 drops 

As it's my idea and obviously needed because I say so
    It should of course be cheap and possibly a  new area
    Created with no paragons that might be tough to kill 

Combine the cheap cost and relative safety everyone's gonna want 

After everyone has created their Poppampire i shall add more items that I and only i will feel ared necessary 

Now that's the view i like 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    LMAO  and you people fell for it hook line and sinker.  You honestly thought that you could say anything to popps and get him to change his mind, that will NEVER happen but good try.

I think they should do it with all skills, in fact I want a pair of shoes with all 100 resists 200 Str 200 Dex 200 Int 200,000,000 HP 200 Stam 200 Mana 1000% all leaches/damages/SSI/HCI/DCI 100 all regens that by pass the regen caps 120 in all skills (even those without PSs) and they act like an all in one PS so PSs will never be needed all with no durability so they never wear out

I am sure I missed something so please feel free to and any other mods that I may have missed.
    GOD mode shoes.
    popps said:

Honestly, I do not see the big of a deal to offer to Elves and Gargoyles the possibility to use Wraith Form with a mere +5% Mana Leech by introducing a new Reward "secondary slot" item come with +20 Necromancy on it, thus without forcing players to have to mess up too much with their existing suits and templates.

I hear people suggesting all sorts of most incredible items but then, if I suggest an item to consent to Elves and Gargoyles to more easily and with less headaches to use Wraith Form and to get what ? A mere +5% Mana Leech if with 0 Spirit Speak, and this should be the one item that would break Ultima Online balance ?

Yeah right......

"if you think giving players like me an extra 20 skill with no negatives would not be unbalancing, you have another thing coming.
    While to you it would offer 0 skill to 20 skill necro, other players would be able to drop necro from 120 down to 100 and have an extra 20 skill to put towards something else, it would be massive power creep"
    Honestly the skill cap is a joke as it stands why not another free 20...
    LMAO  and you people fell for it hook line and sinker.  You honestly thought that you could say anything to popps and get him to change his mind, that will NEVER happen but good try.

I think they should do it with all skills, in fact I want a pair of shoes with all 100 resists 200 Str 200 Dex 200 Int 200,000,000 HP 200 Stam 200 Mana 1000% all leaches/damages/SSI/HCI/DCI 100 all regens that by pass the regen caps 120 in all skills (even those without PSs) and they act like an all in one PS so PSs will never be needed all with no durability so they never wear out

I am sure I missed something so please feel free to and any other mods that I may have missed.
    GOD mode shoes.
    Are you really comparing GOD mode items with a new Reward item that would consent to an Elf or Gargoyle to more easily go into Wraith Form for a MERE +5% Mana Leech if with 0 Spirit Speak?

Seriously ?
    edited August 2021
    Yoshi said:
    popps said:

Yeah right......

"if you think giving players like me an extra 20 skill with no negatives would not be unbalancing, you have another thing coming.
    While to you it would offer 0 skill to 20 skill necro, other players would be able to drop necro from 120 down to 100 and have an extra 20 skill to put towards something else, it would be massive power creep"
    I would not be so sure about that.

How so ?

Because a player who has 120 Necromancy, most probably, uses it as his/her bread and butter, daily....

This means, likely, the need to "also" use the Necromancy Masteries which it means, the need to have those 120 Necromancy skill points all real skill points, and not 20 on items....

Furthermore, we have PLENTY of existing items with +skill points on them and they are neither rings nor bracelets...

We got head pieces, Talismans, some body pieces etc. coming with +skill points...

Just to mention one among many possible, the Shadow Dancer Leggings, give 40 skill points, 20 stealing and 20 stealth....

Yet, when I talk about adding +20 Necromancy on a secondary slot new Reward Item, all of a sudden, this would break the balance of Ultima Online ?

Really ?
    edited August 2021
    Once you start running my new Poppampire build you won't need god or any items all the monsters just fall dead as you approach. 

This is why its important for me to start what others might think of as unnecessary or repetitive threads 
    My ideas are so far advanced others simply can't even

I first discovered my word count fetish in middle school my teach Mrs Jones god rest her soul would just heap praises while leaning slightly forward 

To clarify my idea is wonderful all the supposed facts and reality should be ignored 

• A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited August 2021

I like that signature....

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

too bad that, when I try to, I get yelled at and get told that I should "live by" the UO that we got rather then asking for anything to get changed....

Oh well....
This discussion has been closed.