Fall Dynamic Events Discussion

Comments

• WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 173
    bigger faster spawn rate, fix all the spots where the spawn is getting stuck, like roof tops and behind walls and cliffs....etc
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    All future gargoyle pieces should be necklace or leggings...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    Fall event should involve exodus dungeon or some of dungeons in iish. Blood would be cool too.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited August 2021
    Gwen said:

@ Seth
    Splintering 30%
    Hit Lightning 70%
    Hit Lower Defense 70%
    Spell Channeling
    Faster Casting +1 (note its not 0, or -1)
    Mage Weapon -0 Skill

So you want all pvp bok mages to be identically same , and to have no need to go , kill mobs  , get weapons , whatever?  There are lots of weapon in game. All have their pros and cons. You just grab all good and want to make a power creep weapon? Will you later find interesting playing this game? 

That is not what I mean, but nevermind
     :D 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    I am wondering: can prices be flexible?   If nobody buys some overpriced weapon or a deco , price can fall 1 point every day. And rise back to initial level with every purchase. 
  • DukarloDukarlo Posts: 50
    I've enjoyed the Fel side of the events but I think a good opportunity has been missed for thieves. Lots of people die on the Fel side making for ample opportunities to loot player corpses. I just find it annoying that because of  afk tamers etc thief templates are completely destroyed just like they were in Blackthorns dungeon.. I'd like to see thieves have at least one event where they can thrive. Make it so if players want to do something about the thieves that Detectives will have to come back into plat. More detectives would mean less Sampires which would also be nice. Why ignore skills long neglected when there is a perfect opportunity to have them thrive in a nice controlled environment?
    i find it very unlikely that an AFK tamer would last long in fel or pose any real threat to a thief?
  • DukarloDukarlo Posts: 50
    McDougle said:
    i find it very unlikely that an AFK tamer would last long in fel or pose any real threat to a thief?
    I dont believe you understand my post in the least.
    Dukarlo said:
    McDougle said:
    I dont believe you understand my post in the least.
    You're implying that afk tamers made the developers nerf hiding And stealth and don't feel you should be revealed by paragons so easily.  And if that was fixed more people might add tracking and other skills in an effort to find you?? That about sum it up ?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Dukarlo said:
     I'd like to see thieves have at least one event where they can thrive. 
    They did... it was called Valentine's Day 2021 and you can read all about the rage and backlash from a majority of the posters here if you do a quick search. In short, people were pissed that some clicky that took 2minutes to get could easily be taken from them.... so you are asking for the Devs to make it so that thieves can take drops from people which take much longer than 2min to get? Gooooood luck with that lol.
    Even if you weren't getting auto revealed by paragons you're not getting crap as drops get insured right away now if they were cursed...
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    McDougle said:
    Even if you weren't getting auto revealed by paragons you're not getting crap as drops get insured right away now if they were cursed...
    Thiefs got lots of pinks and low level cheap powerscrolls from me. If they continue doing it- this event is profitabe for them. Or fun. Or both. Many thieves in Fel Fire on Atl. 
    If drops will be cursed- why go to fel?  Now I can loose insurance cost (who cares about 30-40k). If I will possibly loose drops too - Ill stay in tram , getting my safe 6 drops per hour. 
    If all fire will be just reds killing reds nobody will get drops at all. 

Love auto-revealing parked thieves by dragging a paragon behind me. 
  • Since we have the pumpkin head I think it would be cool to continue with one new piece of armor/ cloths each year to make a Halloween themed suit.
    Jaycorvus said:
    Since we have the pumpkin head I think it would be cool to continue with one new piece of armor/ cloths each year to make a Halloween themed suit.
    Will it make my body armor look like a giant pumpkin then yes !!

• FortisFortis Posts: 408
    @kyronix something sure for this halloween event you need to bring back morphius epaulettes and general lethe...it s already at 800 mil each after 9 months....will hit platinum soon....the fel side from this event was really nice wildfire having fight and more space to farm
  • TibaldTibald Posts: 3
    Artifacts, dropped in Felucca must be cursed, cuz as you saw on last event nobody come to Tram if he can insure artifacts just after got it, and for PVP players no reward for fight in Felucca event cuz of it. 
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    I thought the reward was the fight? Haven’t our PVP friends been asking for a system which delivers more targets to them for ages?
    edited August 2021
    Tibald said:
    Artifacts, dropped in Felucca must be cursed, cuz as you saw on last event nobody come to Tram if he can insure artifacts just after got it, and for PVP players no reward for fight in Felucca event cuz of it. 

Weird... I've seen tons of people in Tram doing the event for Wildfire and the items are able to be insured. So that doesn't make much sense.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    keven2002 said:
    Tibald said:

Weird... I've seen tons of people in Tram doing the event for Wildfire and the items are able to be insured. So that doesn't make much sense.
    Also I do not remember seeing any cursed WF items, I am currently shard hopping and have not seen one on VS and so far every shard has a ton of them for sell.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    Currently none of the drops are cursed,  many people, including myself, would like to see the drops to spawn with 'cursed', so that there's something of value to loot in pvp during these events.

Personally, i don't insure my drops anyway, but it would be more rewarding when i kill someone else and that's the point.

Perhaps the "Treasures Of" drops should spawn with a temporary "cursed" status, so the items are un-insurable for ~3 hours after they're created, this way, on the off-chance you get one that's actually good you could insure it after the curse wears off, and there's the risk of the item being stolen or looted from you.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    I think cursing the items would give the dead shards more of an advantage.

On ATL there are a handful of people on right after server up (including PvPers) and if the items were cursed there is going to be at least 1 or 2 PvP players going after PvM players almost constantly which in turn will push majority to an already overcrowded Tram. This would be compared to somewhere like Sonoma where I played for 2 hours straight in Fel without seeing a single person let alone a PvPer... people on those shards would be able to get 10x the arties than ATL which seems a bit lopsided.
  • CovenantX said:
    Currently none of the drops are cursed,  many people, including myself, would like to see the drops to spawn with 'cursed', so that there's something of value to loot in pvp during these events.

I am going to explain why cursed is a bad idea again. Inequality of risk and reward:

Now:
    Murderer kills me and gets the joy of the kill and small bit of insurance gold. I kill him, I get small bit of gold.

Cursed:
    Murderer kills me and gets the joy and an item worth several million. I kill him for minor gold since he hasn't been killing monsters for 20 minutes.

Who would sign on to be the patsy?

Better - Artifact chance from PvP
    Murderer kills me and has chance at an item worth several million. I kill him, the same.
  • RoxoRoxo Posts: 32
    I like the idea posted by Landicine above. If PvP gave the chance to drop an item after killing another player like it does from a monster, it could increase PvP gameplay. If it is not possible to get the player to register like a "treasures of…" monster while in the dungeon, what if you could opt in to a smaller scale and temporary VvV system for the duration of the event that allowed an item to drop if you kill a player or are killed while you are participating. This way people can consent to PvP, items are insurable, and overall gameplay/interaction is increased. 
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    pvm stuff and pvm stuff isnt the same.... people need to learn....this game have change since the beginning now to pvp you have to have a suit and skills for it...mostly it s opposite to pvm suit so you cant ask for an event pvp based on pvm farming...if you want a pvp items with rewards will be nice having to to defend base or kill other faction...but asking for drop to be cursed will only make fel empty again...because now the balance between pvp character and pvm are extreme....
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    as a reward, I would like a Jin-Baori with stats
    FC, FCR, SDI and luck

• GarretGarret Posts: 64
    Im fine with that fel side have more drop + spawn, for other side we have tram with less spawn and paragons that is not noob friendly at all ... We need to remove paragons from tram side or add spawn with no ps or arts from champ.
    I trained my archer up at the last events....so new player friendly not a valid thing 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Water tiles!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Would it be possible to have, for next Event, as Reward items, some wearables with +20 Necromancy, for example, a Spellbook having, aside from the usual important properties for a spellcaster, also 20 Necromancy to help out using wraith form for Elves and Gargoyles who, not being human, do not have the 20 base skill from JOAT.

It could also be a Sash, or earrings, or maybe footware, or perhaps a talisman having, among other things, +20 Necromancy...

Or maybe, an enhanced version of the Tangle Apron for spellcasters having also +20 Necromancy?

Or maybe a spellbook like the Drogeni (that is, intended for Mages, not Necromancers.... real Necromancers would, I imagine, want to have all their Necromancy skill as "real", rather then on items, to better benefit from their Necromancy Masteries....) but a spellbook having also +20 Necromancy so as, to permit the use of Wraith Form for Elves and Gargoyles spellcasters ?

This way, players not wanting to mess up with their jewellery in order to accomodate the minimum 20 Necromancy to cast Wraith Form if Elves or Gargoyles, could do it, without sacrificing important other pieces of their suit....

Just an idea....
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    Kyronix said:
    Greetings Adventurers!

We are currently building out the Fall Dynamic Events.......... There have been a couple threads with comments scattered about, but it would be immensely helpful to aggregate that feedback here so we can take action.

Feel free to share any other feedback or reward items you would like to see

First of all delete felucca. There is no need for felucca in these dynamic events.If you had asked me 10years ago I would have said the complete opposite, but game has changed. Feluca is pvp and you cant get an even playing field these days. GL with outdated uoassist versus the various scripts and programs you meet on you oponent side. Nothing with value should be added to the felucian side untill the mess has been cleaned up. I am very sorry to have to say this.
    That being said, once the mess described above is fixed (not a dynamic event problem, but a general one) I would prefer the felucian side to have dynamic events and with cursed items as well.

As for specific rewards items
    I dont have concrete suggestions, but I really think the dynamic-event rewards should reflect two things: 1: The dungeon the event are in (we have had deceit, ice, fire) calling items "of the three" was a msitake.  "of ice" or "of wildfire" was good. The rewards should somehow also reflect this.

The second thing is of more deep historical propotions. We have had Order/Chaos, Factions, and VvV. The rewards from the dynamic events should also reflect the deep historical logic behind. If it has a story, why not add a reward (deco i.e) with order vs chaos theme, or faction theme (you have 4 factions to chose from) or new notreallyworking VvV system.  Make the colours and art right and you will have a perfect deco item right there. Or how about a necromancer spellbook with great mods from the ancient Shadowlords faction?  A magical hat of magi from the council of mages? The game is rich with history, Id like to see it reflected in todays rewards aswell.

Finally Id suggest a NPC to sell all previous rewards from the dynamic events, at a high cost. I.e. pop up ingame once a year and sell the items for gold.  (this makes an excellent gold drain and it makes the items available to the ones who missed the event)  Keep shard bound property.

Thank you