Wildfire almost over and

I didn't get enough drops from this event to get anything on my own. I played every day for at least an hour sometimes a lot more and I couldn't even get the ostard. No, I didn't play a Sampire I don't have one finished yet. I used my tamer and archer.

I had to buy over 100 drops to get the ostard and we're now at the end of the event and I won't be able to get anything else without buying even more drops from someone. This really really bums me out. :(

Anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited August 2021
    "What shard are you playing on?
    On Atlantic The ostards are cheap to buy in comparison to other drops because the ostards were farmed on dead shards (fel) and imported. I was able to sell 2 x earrings at 75 per drop and buy an imported ostard (200 drops) with 30 mill profit."
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    I play a mage and got around 200 drops just working mostly the mage room, fire elemental area, sometimes the cemetery and in general just that first part of the dungeon.  I worked with other players in the dungeon to solo lava ele and demon paras as I could not solo those.  Just killed everything I saw.  Think the key is to just kill things you can kill quickly.  Don’t spend a lot of time trying to solo stuff that takes you fifteen minutes or so to kill.  Got killed a lot as well. To be honest sold a lot of my drops. As fairly new player and not a tamer I  just did not see much in the reward list that would be of much use to me  esp. when it would wear out if I used it.  Hope that you get more drops this week.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I pretty much recall into the fire elemental area (across the rope), then to the mages (2nd level, farthest building from stairs), and then do stuff around the entrance. I get more drops doing that then, when the guild appears and we go kill everything as we walk in.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    I7ActionElly said:
    I didn't get enough drops from this event to get anything on my own. I played every day for at least an hour sometimes a lot more and I couldn't even get the ostard. No, I didn't play a Sampire I don't have one finished yet. I used my tamer and archer.

I had to buy over 100 drops to get the ostard and we're now at the end of the event and I won't be able to get anything else without buying even more drops from someone. This really really bums me out. :(

Rub your luck statue. Use the archer. A cold damage Demon bow wear a flame tali if you can.

Go full speed most normal things are 1 to 3 shots lesser paragons are three shots. 

I have followed a robo melee toon around. My archer can kill 98% of the mobs before he can swing at them.

I have found my archer can get a lot more kills/minute than any other toon.
    If you equip them for the targets.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    @ActionElly

Ask Kragg for some drops.
  • @ActionElly A Sampire really seems to be the best on these events, in my experience anyway. I got an ostard and several other rewards, hoarded a couple of hundred to make suits out of and even gave a friend 30 to help her with getting what she wanted. just my opinion, but I'd sink the time into finishing the Sampire.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited August 2021
    @ ActionElly A Sampire really seems to be the best on these events, in my experience anyway. I got an ostard and several other rewards, hoarded a couple of hundred to make suits out of and even gave a friend 30 to help her with getting what she wanted. just my opinion, but I'd sink the time into finishing the Sampire.
    Im sure she only plays in Tram,

Id put my archer up against any Sampire for speed killing in this dungeon.  Only hounds ever spawn in packs where WW could be used.  Like I said if its not a paragon it will be dead while you are riding towards it, then Ill be on the next one before you get to it.

And Sampire?  What do you need the extra LL for with Necro?  It does not work on Paragons.
    I prefer my melee toons with healing over my Sampire.

I also encourage her to make a melee toon so she can kill the paragons faster at the future dungeons.

If you are talking about Fel in the spawn then you have the WW crowds. And it is too crowded for the Archer to kill them fast enough.

• As I said in my experience a Sampire is best. I forgot to mention that I swapped out healing for parry or resist for this one.  I'm happy with it's performance and will wait to see what Paragons show up in the next "Treasures of" before deciding on the template

• ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    edited August 2021
    First of all, my status is "old man with lots of time" and I used my archer with slayer bows, cold bows and a talisman for each category and using EC to quickly switch to each when needed.  I got killed a lot and got better but still had many deaths.  However it was all worth it, I got 3 Ostards, 1 Ring, 2 Skulls, 1 each of all the other items excluding the weapons 1400 points total.  So all you archers, don't take a back seat to those Sampires, you're perfectly capable (with the right bows, talis and info) to get almost as many as them or perhaps even more than they do.
    temp.bmp 249.5K
  • ActionEllyActionElly Posts: 156
    Well thanks everyone, I thought I was killing pretty fast. I do like these events I just can't seem to get the drops.

Yeah, I didn't play in fel. :D I mean I do a lot of stuff in fel, Just not the events.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Pawain has a good point - be sure you are hitting your luck statue everyday. Depends on your account age but all luck helps. Also the 140 luck robe and minax sandals (or soles of prov - 80 luck) are added little bumps. You def get more drops with more luck.

Good thing is that for the next event we will have potions of fortune again which will further bump drop rate (I hope the Devs don't decide to bump up price of rewards based on that).
  • ok man.... 1 hour a day.  with 0 luck i get 5 drops on average per fel fire champ.  15 mins per champ.  thats 20 drops in your one hour.  
  • FoosFoos Posts: 81

I HAD that issue.  I'm going to give you some advice.  Finish your Sampire.  For the Deceit event I was you.  I struggled to get 50 drops, then the winter event I got 100 but it took me just about the entire event cycle.  These events aren't built for Tamers,  they are built for Sampires.  Archer's are fine but still limited because of lack of AOE.  Follow the Sampire 101 videos on youtube.  Good luck man. 
    Well thanks everyone, I thought I was killing pretty fast. I do like these events I just can't seem to get the drops.

Yeah, I didn't play in fel. :D I mean I do a lot of stuff in fel, Just not the events.

I get 5-20 drops per spawn in Fel depending on how many people are there.  Spawns take less then an hour even when I'm solo.  You just need a bard or a healer for the paragons.
  • VagabondVagabond Posts: 88
    I got my 9 pages for the Lore book and I am very happy about it. 
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    There is already an ingame system designed by our intelligent predecessors in uo.com.

It's called shard transfer.

Whoever created shard bound for items is just making the game so much more complicated without serving any tangible benefits other than work around and more confusion for returning and new players.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    There is already an ingame system designed by our intelligent predecessors in uo.com.

Whoever created shard bound for items is just making the game so much more complicated without serving any tangible benefits other than work around and more confusion for returning and new players.
    I totally disagree with this.  A benefit of the rewards being shard bound is that the players on my shard farming this event aren't going to turn around and bring those items to Atlantic.  They will stay in our shard's economy.  That's a good thing.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Foos said:
    Seth said:

I totally disagree with this.  A benefit of the rewards being shard bound is that the players on my shard farming this event aren't going to turn around and bring those items to Atlantic.  They will stay in our shard's economy.  That's a good thing.

I agree i play and earned enough to get mask and misc on two shards and ozzy and misc on my main shard 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Yoshi said:
    "What shard are you playing on?
    On Atlantic The ostards are cheap to buy in comparison to other drops because the ostards were farmed on dead shards (fel) and imported. I was able to sell 2 x earrings at 75 per drop and buy an imported ostard (200 drops) with 30 mill profit."
    How much do Ostards sell for on Atlantic ?
    edited August 2021
    Foos said:
    Seth said:

Absolutely !

I have said it many times, Shard Bound, to my opinion, is a blessing for the economy of lower population Shards.

As seen with the Wildfire Ostards, the split second that a new item can be transferred to Atlantic, it does... and in being transferred, it goes "away" from the Shard that it was farmed on....
    edited August 2021
    Foos said:

I HAD that issue.  I'm going to give you some advice.  Finish your Sampire.  For the Deceit event I was you.  I struggled to get 50 drops, then the winter event I got 100 but it took me just about the entire event cycle.  These events aren't built for Tamers,  they are built for Sampires.  Archer's are fine but still limited because of lack of AOE.  Follow the Sampire 101 videos on youtube.  Good luck man. 

"These events aren't built for Tamers,  they are built for Sampires." 
    @Kyronix ;

please, take note of the sentence above AND, please, make some changes to have the future Events be "also" for Tamers and other Templates, and not just for Warriors and Sampires....

For example, you could make Paragons take "more" damage from pets.... this way, players, rather then wanting to use Warriors/Sampires, would be incentivated to use Tamers... and these Events would "also" see a wider participation from Tamers....

Of course, this is only an example, more creative ways to make Templates other then Warriors/Sampires could be explored to make these Events not mostly a Warriors'/Sampires' domain.....

Thank you SO much.
    edited August 2021
    @popps
    Use the correct slayer book on your tamer and you will kill them faster than anyone else can.

Also in Tram, why would you use a Sampire on a Paragon here?  Are you not aware that the 100 points in necro is wasted on them?  You do not get the only benefit a Sampire has over other melee toons.

Like I said Ill put my Archer against your sampire and see who kills faster in this dungeon in tram.

One of the players who got the most drops in Tram on LS played a Tamer this whole event.  He has been giving drops away for weeks.  We call him the Red CU Express!

I play my tamer at all other times.  I like this change of pace.  I played my Archer, Thrower, Swordsman, Fencer, and Macer. And made a new Tiger form warrior. Only needed my tamer if I was all alone and wanted a Para Balron dead.

Of all the dungeons so far, this was the most balanced one for templates.
    Pawain said:
    @ popps
    Use the correct slayer book on your tamer and you will kill them faster than anyone else can.

Also in Tram, why would you use a Sampire on a Paragon here?  Are you not aware that the 100 points in necro is wasted on them?  You do not get the only benefit a Sampire has over other melee toons.

Like I said Ill put my Archer against your sampire and see who kills faster in this dungeon in tram.

One of the players who got the most drops in Tram on LS played a Tamer this whole event.  He has been giving drops away for weeks.  We call him the Red CU Express!

I play my tamer at all other times.  I like this change of pace.  I played my Archer, Thrower, Swordsman, Fencer, and Macer. And made a new Tiger form warrior. Only needed my tamer if I was all alone and wanted a Para Balron dead.

Of all the dungeons so far, this was the most balanced one for templates.

I am using a Tamer/Mage/Spellweaver with Resisting Spells on so, no room for Evaluate Intelligence.

Also, I find myself in need to heal uninterruptedly my pet (also with Gift of Renewal on), especially with Paragons, to keep it alive so, I doubt, even if I swapped Resisting Spells with Evaluate Intelligence, that I would be able to cast sufficient offensive spells.

The problem with Paragons is that they deal a whole lot of damage, for example, with Paragon Succubus (forget about Paragon Balrons, those I cannot even touch...), if I do not keep my pet healed, it would go down in like 5 or 6 hits, maybe even less...

The pet is Chivalry/Armor Ignore and with all skills at 110 and 110 Chivalry... going towards 120.

So, it is a pet intended to do damage (I keep it healed, as I can), not a tank...

Unfortunately, with damage from pets being "halved", the damage done to Paragons is not as much as it should be... therefore, Paragons take a whole lot of time for me to kill them, with Paragon Balrons being impossible for me to deal with. Paragon Succubus, take like a whole lot, perhaps 7 or 8 minutes to kill and this, only if there is no side spawn around... Paragon Lich Lords are a bit better, still take about 5+ minutes to kill....

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    I think you'll find that events are NOT planned with any particular template in mind, however players found that the hybrid template now known as a sampire do particularly well.
    People are playing archers, tamers, regular warriors etc and I think most of them would agree that the best fun is when diverse templates team up to really show those paragons who's boss.
    UO is a MMORPG - group play is the 'ideal'.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    The how's and why's have been explained many times....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    edited August 2021
    So question....I am playing solo these days. Guilds I have been in come and go....as have the friends I have made over the years.

Usually I have someone help me with gear/templates because my brain hurts every time I try to figure it out :( lol

For this event, my sampire was not an option...I died...a LOT on her...and I don't know why. She was fine for the other Treasures Of events but this one kicked her butt hard core.

I know there are many many MANY templates and gear suggestions on the various forums but it makes my head swim looking at them all.

I have used my mage/tamer...Cu is not *leet* as I didn't have the 120's to fully flesh him out so he dies a lot to the higher-end paragons.

I do have a flame slayer tali on my samp but it didn't seem to help. This suit was made for me a few years ago....so is there something wrong with my gear or is it just user error? :)

My tamer fairs pretty well though as long as I avoid certain paragons lol.

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Are you using slayers for the different mobs? Also using weapons with elemental damage helps. Cold damage for most. Fire good for the undead.
  • @Larisa I would say you may have had the same issue I had until I figured it out. Elemental and Demon are opposing slayer groups, i was fighting an elemental and then forgot to change to demon slayer and the demon then does double damage to you while wielding an elemental slayer weapon, and vice versa. sometimes my quick change macro would hang up or I'd forget. The other thing was I dropped resist and added healing.  that made a huge difference too. so it was a hybrid Sampire essentially it leeched and used bandies. I put my bandage self macro to one of the thumb buttons on my mouse (other one was trap box) and would just click it constantly to keep a bandage running to help with them damn Liches.  it took some thinking and strategy, but it worked out for me in the end.

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    I am but most of my WW slayer weapons are 100% Fire Damage.  My bladed staffs are all physical and my radiant scimitars are mostly physical but some cold. I tend to use a WW weapon.