How close does your boat have to be to the fishmonger to turn in a quest?

Could I theoretically just recall around and leave my boat in one place?

Comments

• JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    Your boat needs to be on the same sub server as the NPC you’re turning the crate into. 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    No you will sail then you will sail some more you will learn yo use server lines and the serpents pillars then you will sail more someone smarter than me can explain how to use maps to sail then sail some more..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662

someone shared this on Stratics
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Is this also like the pirate quest in Tok where once on the sub-server you can recall to the dock to obtain / turn in quests?

• someone shared this on Stratics
    omg thank you
  • Jepeth said:
    Your boat needs to be on the same sub server as the NPC you’re turning the crate into. 
    Thank you good info!
  • McDougle said:
    No you will sail then you will sail some more you will learn yo use server lines and the serpents pillars then you will sail more someone smarter than me can explain how to use maps to sail then sail some more..
    lol!
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    McDougle said:

:D like this? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/ships-guide/#navigate

keven2002 said:
    Is this also like the pirate quest in Tok where once on the sub-server you can recall to the dock to obtain / turn in quests?
    yes
    except the fish monger at the floating emporium likes you to be very close to the dock.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    You can park a boat at the Sea Market and once you cross over the line by New Mag you can recall to the other boat and drive that to the market to turn in. Just remember to refresh the Market boat .... lol.
  • Marge said:
    You can park a boat at the Sea Market and once you cross over the line by New Mag you can recall to the other boat and drive that to the market to turn in. Just remember to refresh the Market boat .... lol.
    You can have more than one boat in the water at a time?
    each character can have a boat.
    so purchase one on an alt and park it at the floating emporium

thank you Marge for the reminder
    yw :) I usually put the second boat out with my crafter cause she only leaves she house to turn in BODs. lol
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Is there a map with the server lines in the Tokuno Islands? Traveling back to the docks at Zento to turn in a captured pirate takes time away from capturing more pirates.
    @TimSt I am not sure if anyone has one.
    I usually just do the ones south of the docks & cross back over the server.
    once you cross it, you can recall to the docks and turn in.

My guild mates will do the ones that usually spawn east of the docks.
    Once captured, recall to the docks and turn in.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    As far as I know, the server boundary in Tokuno is the edge of the map

There is at least one server line.  It is just north of The Citadel and runs East West.

Crossing it on land causes a pause and temporary loss of night sight. I have not investigated the extent of the server's boundary.
  • each character can have a boat.

So wait.. how does that work

Do you put your 7 boats around at the different Fish monger locations and because you have a boat attached to your account inside that server location you can turn in a quest from a boat in a totally different location because your character owns it?
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728

Do you put your 7 boats around at the different Fish monger locations and because you have a boat attached to your account inside that server location you can turn in a quest from a boat in a totally different location because your character owns it?
    I keep two boats in the water and one in my pocket all owned by different characters on the same account. One boat is moored near the emporium. Another boat is in Tokuno waters for pirate hunting. My ship in my pocket is for plunking down anywhere I want to fish.

All my characters have runes to my boats. If a character needs to go to the emporium she can recall to the ship moored near it and sail into port. Sail back out and moor in nearby waters again and recall out.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    When you say boats, what type of boat are you talking about.
    edited August 2021

no, I only have the one ship that I use for the fish monger quest. (SHIP A)
    Marge suggested placing a ship at the floating emporium (an alt places SHIP B)

once you reach the waters in the same server area,
    you can recall to SHIP B.
    turn in your quest and get another.

while at the emporium, you can recall to SHIP A
    and check to see what fish you need to fill it
    recall to SHIP B and go to the bank at the floating emporium
    once you have the required fish, move your ship back to where you parked it
    (if parked too close, it will be teleported a distance away)

I use a Navigators Map (Spring Decor Collection Token)
    I drop the map on the pilot and say Start
    when he gets to location one, I say stop
    recall to Moonglow docks and turn in quest & pick up quest
    (fill the order you just got)

say continue
    when you get to location 2
    recall to Britain docks and turn in/pickup quest
    (fill order you just got)

recall to ship & say continue
    stop at location 3
    recall to Jhelom, Skara Brae and Trinsic docks
    turn in/pickup as needed
    (fill orders you just got)

return to ship when done
    say continue and then about halfway to number 4 say stop
    (if in EC you can see the serpents pillar nearby
    take control of the ships wheel and get close to the pillar
    you have to say doracron to go to the lost lands
    and sueacron to come back (after you turned in your quest there)
    once back on your ship in Trammel waters
    say continue to go to 4

from here I always went to location 5 (floating emporium)
    but Marge reminded that we don't have to take ship all the way there
    so just recall to SHIP B at the floating emporium
    turn in/pickup quest there
    and begin again

==========

while the pilot is moving the ship
    it is a good time to be fishing

When you say boats, what type of boat are you talking about.
    when I first started doing the fish monger quests I was using a tokuno ship.
    Then after I got the parts, I started using orc ships.
    You can also use Brit ships
    It really depends on your preference, but the ship has to have a hold
    These ships you can mark a rune on, so you can recall to them

The boat with the order has to be in the same sub server as the town it's going to. The second boat is only for the Sea market so you don't have to sail all the way there since you can't mark at the Market. I have all the fish mongers marked so I sail to the sub server boundary and recall to the monger.
    If you park an extra boat at the market just make sure you are outside of the buoys. If you leave it at the dock itself or inside the buoys, your boat will be tossed to a random location within the sub server after a few minutes.
    @Marge, To avoid having my boat tossed or attacked I keep a toon at both sea markets and they deploy the boats when ever I need to visit the market. When I am done at the market they dry dock the boats.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Did i mention there's gonna be sailing. You know how you can tell a pvper but the way they cast spells while chatting my fishman says forward right slow left etc etc
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way...