M&G transcript

Can we get a transcript from yesterday's M&G posted?
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited August 2021
    "I think the M&G team would benefit from having just an experienced player with them to help with some of the questions.
    Some tamer was asking for a leash to stop their pet from wondering off attacking things, the team agreed there needs to be more control for pets, but an experienced player could've simply offered the command
    'all stop'
    'all follow me'

with this sequence of commands, the pet will not wonder off,
    and suggested they carry a pet ball of summoning with them.

from 2 of the questions it seems that the head transmog potion should have a better store description about what items are excluded to avoid disappointment - this was raised during test phase but came too late"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    edited August 2021
    I also think the Dev team gets bogged down with requests that could be handled by an experienced player.... but then people complain that all the Dev team does is say "No" to every request. I think sometimes they just say yes to buck the trend.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    @Yoshi there are times that the all stop/all follow does not work, also there are times that when you do say all fallow your pet gets stuck behind something so you have to go retrieve it so I could see where a leash could come in handy.  Would prevent a pet from loosing line of sight.
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    Just letting pet summoning balls work EVERYWHERE, would be the best leash you could get. 
    edited August 2021
    @ Yoshi there are times that the all stop/all follow does not work,

"Could you please show a video demonstration, as i play a tamer and have not yet experienced this"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Yoshi said:
    @ Yoshi there are times that the all stop/all follow does not work,

"Could you please show a video demonstration, as i play a tamer and have not yet experienced this"
    Run from the gate in Luna to the stable make sure you go between the two chivalry NPCs your pet will hang on one 90% of the time.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    @Yoshi @Mervyn LMAO Just because it has never happened to you then it doesn't happen then, maybe we should start DEMANDING that you post a video on every one of you statements.
    edited August 2021
    "I think you misunderstood my response, i requested a demo of a pet not following after giving the all stop, all follow command.
    As for pets getting caught on objects while following, the '(pet name) come' command can be used to get the pet to pathfind its way to you.

I am not saying it doesn't happen, i am saying it hasn't happened to me so i don't know the issue, so perhaps you could show a video to help everyone better understand, please upload" 
    edited August 2021
    Sorry I do not do constant videos of all my UO playtime.  Do not believe me I really do not care oh know it all one.  and guess what the the "pet name" come command doesn't always work either and no I am not doing a video for that either.  Between @Yoshi / @Mervyn and @popps not believing what other players say I really do not know which one is worse.  By the way I fully understood your post a video because I think you are full of BS so do not even try going there.  And yea I say it like it is.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    My pet doesn't do it ALL the time...but he does have a mind of his own. Sometimes, if I say *Heath Kill* he'll just stand there and bark until the mob comes to him, then he'll dispatch it. Sometimes he'll be killing one thing, then move on to something else, then go back to the first thing he was attacking. Sometimes he'll go after something WAY off screen, but take a bite out of something on the way. Sometimes, after he's finished killing something and returns to me, he'll still be spamming consecrate and holy light even when no mobs are around.

Pets are VERY ADHD and could use a little help!

• Sorry I do not do constant videos of all my UO playtime.  Do not believe me I really do not care oh know it all one.  and guess what the the "pet name" come command doesn't always work either and no I am not doing a video for that either.  Between @ Yoshi / @ Mervyn and @ popps not believing what other players say I really do not know which one is worse.  By the way I fully understood your post a video because I think you are full of BS so do not even try going there.  And yea I say it like it is.

Except not one single thing was as you said. YOU misinterpreted what Yoshi said. He even took the time to simplify explain where YOU misinterpreted what he asked. It's elementary school level English. If you can properly diagram what he said, you should immediately see where YOU misinterpreted what he asked. It's not even open for interpretation unless English isn't your native language. It's cut and dry. Your refusal to man up impresses no one.
    Sorry I do not do constant videos of all my UO playtime.  Do not believe me I really do not care oh know it all one.  and guess what the the "pet name" come command doesn't always work either and no I am not doing a video for that either.  Between @ Yoshi / @ Mervyn and @ popps not believing what other players say I really do not know which one is worse.  By the way I fully understood your post a video because I think you are full of BS so do not even try going there.  And yea I say it like it is.

Except not one single thing was as you said. YOU misinterpreted what Yoshi said. He even took the time to simplify explain where YOU misinterpreted what he asked. It's elementary school level English. If you can properly diagram what he said, you should immediately see where YOU misinterpreted what he asked. It's not even open for interpretation unless English isn't your native language. It's cut and dry. Your refusal to man up impresses no one.
    LMAO, are you serious.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Leave the personal attacks out please.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Larisa said:
    My pet doesn't do it ALL the time...but he does have a mind of his own. Sometimes, if I say *Heath Kill* he'll just stand there and bark until the mob comes to him, then he'll dispatch it. Sometimes he'll be killing one thing, then move on to something else, then go back to the first thing he was attacking. Sometimes he'll go after something WAY off screen, but take a bite out of something on the way. Sometimes, after he's finished killing something and returns to me, he'll still be spamming consecrate and holy light even when no mobs are around.

I totally, wholeheartedly agree !!

I keep my pet always at max happiness, I have 120 Taming and 120 Lore and, YET, way too often my pet does not say what I command.

I tell it to attack on MoB, but it goes on its own, to attack another.

Also, I wished that there was a way to command to pets to attack FIRST all nearest Targets... instead, the pet often wonders, on its own, and goes to attack Monsters 2 screens away while I have hostiles at 2 tiles away from me....

And if I tell to the pet to attack the one hostile that is near me and hitting me, the pet STILL goes on its own to attack, instead, that creature some 2 screens away that he picked, on its own, as its Target....

For example, with the Fire Dungeon, I would LOVE to be able to set my Pet on a "Priority" to attack all nearest Paragons FIRST, and then the rest of the MoBs....

Instead, often what does it do ? It leaves the Paragon alone, free to attack me as they please, and it goes to attack regular MoBs....

Of course, this spells for trouble for me...

So, I totally, entirely, wholeheartedly agree that pets and Taming could use HELP !!

@Kyronix , please, let's get Taming and Tamers into some help Focus....

One thing that I really hate, and which it really pretty much affects mostly Taming, aside from Paragons always diregarding pets and re-targeting to the Tamers, is that fact that always, even though my pet is in between my character and a Monster, guess what ? The Monster rather then targeting on the pet that is nearest to it, sets its hostility on my character !!!

I mean, seriously ?

My pet is the CLOSEST threat to the Monster but, yet, what does the code do ?

It instructs the Monsters not to set its hostility on the nearest threat to it, but to the player's character that is much further away ?

This makes no sense and, it should not be.
    “I have definitely experienced what popps has mentioned, a pet attacking a different target than the target after I have given the ‘all kill’ command, but that is a separate issue that is not related to what was asked at the M&G and what Frodo is apparently experiencing however am unable to reproduce the issue after prefacing the ‘all follow me’ command with ‘all stop’

” Anne Nomilly: Pets follow command is iffy, they are pretty adhd.
    ABRIDGED
    Anne Nomilly: anyway, leash? pretty please?
    Kyronix: What would the leash do?
    Anne Nomilly: Help you control the pet walking thru the dungeon, instead of ADHD chasing everything it sees
    Anne Nomilly: similar to tram despise
    Anne Nomilly: linking it to a controller
    Anne Nomilly: you have to continually spam all follow
    Anne Nomilly: and it’s iffy, pet loses loyalty“”
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Once I tell my pet to "all stop" and "all follow me" I do not have any issues with it aggro'ing anything as I'm passing; for me at least the "all follow me" is the primary command the pet uses. Sometimes I'll be camping a certain spot like balrons or something where it's just 1 or 2 monsters and after the monster is dead I'll say "all follow me" once or twice and from every time I've seen my pet will stay by my side even if attacked by a new monster. I have to say "all guard me" for the pet to actually go after something.

Not sure if that helps anyone but that's my experience.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Maybe the monsters have great threat assessment and see if they kill you the pet dies fast ....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    They do.  They go straight for the bard I have following my macer.  They know if they kill him, Ill be easier to kill.  Peace lasts like 2 seconds.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.