Chiv/AI pet training need help.

Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,247
edited August 2021 in General Discussions
I am currently training Chiv/AI on a CU and a Triton on Trogs.  I have noticed that my pets will kill the cats and dogs somehow, what area effect are they casting that would do this?  Also Chiv is taking FOREVER but all other skills are gaining very well, is there a trick to get Chiv to train faster and yes I use whisper every 30 min.

Comments

• JepethJepeth Posts: 511
    They're casting holy light via Chivalry. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,033
    Yes it takes forever.  The only way to speed it up is to have a guildie discord the pet and let it fight.

They cast Holy Light a lot when their Chiv is low.  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,247
    edited August 2021
    TY for the Holy Light info, damn.
    @Pawain So will it have the same effect if I discord it
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Yes, another way for just chiv to go up is go into the twisted wealde, wait for swoop to fly to a rock where your pet cannot hit it, it will cast onky chiv spells, not wasting mana on AI or bleed
    ty
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I might be naive but i don't think it is worth it to scroll a pet with Chiv what is the benefit?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,033
    McDougle said:
    I might be naive but i don't think it is worth it to scroll a pet with Chiv what is the benefit?
    Chiv does more single target damage than any other magic. Chiv is in the damage formula.  More Chiv more damage.  You should use a 120 scroll for any pet magic other than magery.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Chiv does more single target damage than any other magic. Chiv is in the damage formula.  More Chiv more damage.  You should use a 120 scroll for any pet magic other than magery.
    Again out of being naive but how does it affect the damage and for double noob points is it the same for players?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Again out of being naive but how does it affect the damage and for double noob points is it the same for players?
    Try this page https://www.uo-cah.com/pet-damage-calculator
    edited August 2021
    LOL I went to Swoop and he was setting on a ledge right from the get go, could not believe my luck.  Slow compared to other skill but steady.  Shard hopping so I can't stone on Discord.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 523
    edited August 2021
    Norry said:
    Yes, another way for just chiv to go up is go into the twisted wealde, wait for swoop to fly to a rock where your pet cannot hit it, it will cast onky chiv spells, not wasting mana on AI or bleed

Yeah, if the mob is in a spot where the pet can't melee it, the pet will just spam Chiv spells. If the mob is too far for Holy Light to damage it, then the pet will eventually lose interest and need to be given the Kill order again, that is unless the mob is capable of casting spells on the pet, keeping the pet aggroed to it. If the pet has Dragon Breath though, it can eventually kill the mob.

For pets with Dragon Breath, such as Crimson/Platinum Drakes, i take them to Gregorio and get their Chiv to 120 before i add AI or AP to them.
    TY