Any advice on a Pet capable of killing Paragon Balrons ?

2»

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,252
    @popps How many slots are your untrained pups taking up.  Get a new Cu and name it the name that holds the memory for you and train it up.  You are using sup-standard weapons and those weapons can easily be xfered to a new tamer if you have to keep them so you can get/tame new more powerful pets.
    People have given you advice based on how Taming and Pets work with current UO and if you refuse to upgrade your pets than you need to accept the fact that we can no longer give you advice on how to play UO so you need to stop asking/arguing with people when they advise you on how to do something.  I still have old school warriors and I am smart enough to know that they are not as powerful as the new builds but I still enjoy using them and I would never complain like you do that they can not kill a Paragon Balron, hell they have a hard enough time killing drakes and dragons.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,346
    Just to clarify, the publish went live, I took my pet out of the stable, pushed the 'start training' button and my pet was designated as 3 slot. I did not release and re-tame.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    The publish was was in 2017 for goodness sake if you haven't figured it out by now you're not going to and should choose a different path...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Just to clarify, the publish went live, I took my pet out of the stable, pushed the 'start training' button and my pet was designated as 3 slot. I did not release and re-tame.
    That is what a lot of us did with all of our pets, @popps must of been gone from UO at that time.  Does anybody have a old Cu that they haven't trained and do they sill revert to 3 slot or did they all revert to 4 slot now?
    See people have offered new (old) pets and to help in every way multiple times this seems to be a case of my ball and only my ball will do......
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    edited August 2021
    @popps you  had well over a year to start training your Cu Sidhes in the stable.

Stop deflecting. 

As for each event. Come to LS and I'll show you almost every template killing stuff in Fire. Even a couple of robots.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,945
    edited August 2021
    Pawain said:
    @ popps you  had well over a year to start training your Cu Sidhes in the stable.

Stop deflecting. 

As for each event. Come to LS and I'll show you almost every template killing stuff in Fire. Even a couple of robots.
    Just explain to me, why a player returning to Ultima Online now, from being away, say, 5 years, and having CU-Sidhes and Dragons in his/her Stable, should not be permitted to use them because that window was offered only for 1 Year.

I mean, excuse me ?
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    @ popps you  had well over a year to start training your Cu Sidhes in the stable.

Stop deflecting. 

Just explain to me, why a player returning to Ultima Online now, from being away, say, 5 years, and having CU-Sidhes and Dragons in his/her Stable, should not be permitted to use them because that window was offered only for 1 Year.

I mean, excuse me ?
    So everyone who wasn't here for banes gets one or ssi epps? But let's say you are correct and have been wronged you have stated your case and gotten no justice at what point do you say time to move on (hint that time was years ago) 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

Stop deflecting. 

I mean, excuse me ?
    Because players were exploiting pets so the Devs were asked to fix it. Before the taming revamp.  Cu Sidhes and Hiryus used to be 4 slots  Beetles used to be 3 slots so to fix the issues they could not allow these pets to drop any more.  So the ones that had not started training went to 4 slots.

Short answer, the devs fixed an exploit so some old pets suffered.

What does that have to do with the topic this thread started with?  Stop defecting, The orginal question was answered.

Any advice on a Pet capable of killing Paragon Balrons ?

Answer: The pet that does damage to a Balrons lowest resists. A Cu Sidhe.

My main tamer has 20 or more Cu Sidhes.  He is human and has never tamed a Cu Sidhe.
    Most of his were given to him because he helped kill paragons so a tamer could try to spawn a Blaze Cu.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Because players were exploiting pets so the Devs were asked to fix it. Before the taming revamp.  Cu Sidhes and Hiryus used to be 4 slots  Beetles used to be 3 slots so to fix the issues they could not allow these pets to drop any more.  So the ones that had not started training went to 4 slots.

I wonder, if it would have been possible, somehow, to fix the exploit, but without necessarily causing the pets in the stables which players had, to become useless....

I mean, the issue all remains....

There can be players coming back to Ultima Online after Years away, from before the time that pet training was introduced and that 1 Year window was offered.

And they well could have Tamers having CU-Sidhes and other Pets in their Stables which they might want to get to use again....

Perhaps, a way to make these pets usable again, could be a good thing to have for all these returning players ?
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

I wonder, if it would have been possible, somehow, to fix the exploit, but without necessarily causing the pets in the stables which players had, to become useless....

There can be players coming back to Ultima Online after Years away, from before the time that pet training was introduced and that 1 Year window was offered.

And they well could have Tamers having CU-Sidhes and other Pets in their Stables which they might want to get to use again....

Perhaps, a way to make these pets usable again, could be a good thing to have for all these returning players ?
    And will they replace my silver katana i mean it was leet once and my armor was good so free upgrade to cuffs right?? You have the same pets available as everyone you stubbornly refuse then have the nerve to ask for change SMH 
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

And will they replace my silver katana i mean it was leet once and my armor was good so free upgrade to cuffs right?? You have the same pets available as everyone you stubbornly refuse then have the nerve to ask for change SMH 
    Well, the katana is an inanimated object.... a pet needs feeding, caring for it...

I think they are different <span>:wink:</span>
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

YES @popps there are players that have come back to UO and their CUs are worthless now and guess what they went out and got NEW CUs to train.  They did not complain, they understood that games evolve while they are away and then either adapt or move on.  They DO NOT endlessly WHINE about how unfair it is, I didn't get a Bane should I stomp my feet like a 2 year old and DEMAND UO give me one.  GROW UP you are worse than my grandchildren
    @Mariah @popps question has been answered even though he refuses to understand but this thread really needs to be closed.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 797
    @popps,

Reading the triton training guide here:
    https://www.uo-cah.com/training/triton-training-guide

The same builds can be used with Cu.

Other than that, make chars on ATL, PAC, and other shards, go in as a ghost (if needed) to fire dungeon, and observe what others are doing.
  • popps said:
    Pawain said:

Stop deflecting. 

I mean, excuse me ?
    I came back after I quit. I missed the launch of time of legends and pet training.  When I started up again I read up on it all and then trained new pets. 

Stop being a troll and DO IT or just shut up.  You have to evolve with the game. It will NOT evolve or accommodate you 

why can’t you get this into your head?

and train a sampire 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,838
    edited August 2021
    Nothingness GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,981Moderator
    This question has been answered in depth.
This discussion has been closed.