Flagging bug on a blue with area effects of a criminal

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
edited October 2020 in Bugs
If you are grey (criminal) and cast area spells for the following schools:
Necromancy, spellweaving, mysticism, spellweaving, bushido's momentum strike (all schools except magery), and any area attack (whirlwind).

It seems you flag other blues which should be considered non valid targets and unaffected by area effects. (Conflagration potion does not hit blues in area, neither does supanova)

I think this is fairly new, even if it isn't it is inconsistent area flagging.

Sorry i only recently created a blue PvPer to notice this.

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    You can also make a blue attack you without their consent by attacking their Energy Vortex or rising colossus. You can give blues murder counts this way.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Please see proof of exploit, innocent blue casts an EV, I make him go grey (he is not just grey to me, he is flagged criminal) and if I die I am able to give an innocent blue a murder count.

• Been experiencing this for about a week in fire dungeon farming fire items. I'm playing mage and they attack my EV and it makes me grey and criminal. Not sure whats going on but its super messed up.

• GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Killroth said:
    Been experiencing this for about a week in fire dungeon farming fire items. I'm playing mage and they attack my EV and it makes me grey and criminal. Not sure whats going on but its super messed up.

I am playing with area hit weapon. So I dont need to target your EC or Colossus. They get hit if close to what I am fighting. And EV starts kicking me. So yes, summons are not for Fel. 
    In tram I also hate summons- I target them , stop hitting , stop leeching and die. 

Is there any manual on PVP for trammies? Like how you get flagged, why you cannot be ressed etc. 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2021
    “I should mention also that pets with spellweaving/necro/mysticism/bushido are also subject to the same flagging fault with area effects so if the owner accidentally turns grey, your pet can and will flag on blues this way”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Isn't it really time the whole blue reds flagging nonsense went away..it's a flawed unnecessary thing that never worked and had literally zero meaning  ...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    "issue also affects chivalry's holy light"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    And many pets even in tram with aoe will flag guild and party members 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

edited May 2022
    "I found another flagging bug, this one is really very strange.

If you're in VvV and you're blue and you cast meteor swarm or chain lightning, it will hit any hidden blue player (non VvV) and cause you to go criminal for attacking that player. This is very strange because it only does this if your char is in VvV, it also only does this with these 2 spells, earthquake will not hit a hidden blue, nor will mysticism's hail storm.

What is also extra strange about this, is that if you're grey/crim, you will not flag on and damage a hidden blue target.

Expected resul: for chain lightning and meteor swarm to only hit only valid hidden targets"