Treasures Of Wildfire Earrings No PoF - So Basically Brittle

Was there anywhere stated that the earrings could not have PoF applied to them (hidden brittle tag)? Because the  non-garg (I am sure garg also) cannot have PoF applied to them I just found out.

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Yes, earrings are jewellery, you cannot PoF jewellery. But at 255 durability they will last longer than your lifetime”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • I have no idea where you got that particular statement from. I am asking for references.

We have item properties tags for a reason - so people know what they are buying / acquiring. They should be put on these rewards and not assumed that people know. And these will not last a lifetime & once gone, they cannot be replaced. I have had them less than a week and I already have had to repair them (durability was 3) using them for the event. Once the durability gets halfway used up, it will go very fast after that.

edited August 2021
    “What you’re asking for is for all replicas, all rings and bracelets with durability, and all imbued items to have a brittle tag, I agree with you, however the majority will not”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    @Yoshi I think your posts always being in quotations might sometimes make people think you are quoting someone.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    I have no idea where you got that particular statement from. I am asking for references.

We have item properties tags for a reason - so people know what they are buying / acquiring. They should be put on these rewards and not assumed that people know. And these will not last a lifetime & once gone, they cannot be replaced. I have had them less than a week and I already have had to repair them (durability was 3) using them for the event. Once the durability gets halfway used up, it will go very fast after that.

Earrings, bracelets, rings have never been PoFable. You want an announcement from the past?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    I have no idea where you got that particular statement from. I am asking for references.

Earrings, bracelets, rings have never been PoFable. You want an announcement from the past?

Yes.
  • I would recommend that for consistency's sake, everything that isn't PoF-able have the "Brittle" tag. Even stuff like Imbued gear where another designation covers it, I still want to see that tag for consistency's sake.

But this won't ever happen.

As it stands now these items are far from the only non-PoF-able things that don't have that tag.
    "i campaigned for this a while back but was shot down.
    It's quite irritating when you're vendor searching for splintering items specifically non brittle but are still presented with imbued items..."
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246

I've been recommending for a long time, to get rid of all these properties, complete waste of space and mental energy.

And completely inconsistent.

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited August 2021
    I would recommend that for consistency's sake, everything that isn't PoF-able have the "Brittle" tag. Even stuff like Imbued gear where another designation covers it, I still want to see that tag for consistency's sake.

But this won't ever happen.

As it stands now these items are far from the only non-PoF-able things that don't have that tag.
    Agreed, all jewelry that is clean should at least be called Brittle. 
    Also any errors in the descriptions inside client should also be corrected (e.g. spellbook casting speed, damage descriptions) - anything that relies on player memories. We should not need to dig out forum post or perform testing ourselves to recap on this basic info. 

Which Dept should this request go to?
    @Bleak @Misk @Mesanna
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    technically, it's only Clean & Prized jewerly that is "brittle",  no justification of the clean item rarity if it's just going to be changed to brittle.

the consistent way is to make clean & prized jewelry pof-able, and make brittle jewelry spawn, just like any other item.  -then you could have clothing that normally didn't have durability to complain about.

Pre-global loot, jewerly never had durability, so there was no reason for them to 'enable' pof.  same with earrings, robes & talismans....  I call it one of two things... Oversight or Laziness, at this point it's leaning towards the latter.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited August 2021
    CovenantX said:
    the consistent way is to make clean & prized jewelry pof-able
    +1
    I believe this was the intent, and the current "clean" and prized that is not pof-able is a bug. Someone down the line changed forgot to add pof-ability and then the story now is all jewelry clean or prized cannot be pof. This contradicts their own game system design which already build in status such as brittle, antique, curse, cannot repair, etc. Yeah it is so inconsistent! 

By not following their own system, they are causing alot of confusion.

• GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Seth said:
    CovenantX said:
    +1
    I believe this was the intent, and the current "clean" and prized that is not pof-able is a bug. Someone down the line changed forgot to add pof-ability and then the story now is all jewelry clean or prized cannot be pof. This contradicts their own game system design which already build in status such as brittle, antique, curse, cannot repair, etc. Yeah it is so inconsistent! 

I kinda like it the way it is. 
    We loot way more jewelry than any other items. Just compare how many theoretically usefull weapon (2-3 sword types, 2 mace , 1 throwing , 3 archery plus some with splinter) you get. All rest are junk by damage or special moves   And how many jewels. All have chance to be useful if bods will be nice.  So getting  rings and bracelets is not a problem. 
    Prized jewel will last very long. But knowing that it is not pofable pushes us to go in the wild and search for better  stuff. 

About Yukio and Wildfire earrings. Since they are awfull unbalancing items , aimed only to nerf gargoyles, i appreciate they being not pof-able. But dont worry, they will  last quite long . And when they all worn out, nothing bad will happen : you will play same as you played before wildfire event. 
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    Earrings do not incur alot of damage.  I have yukio earrings since march on my tamer and never take them off, ever and have trained atleast 4 pets since.  I've only repaired them once.  They'll last forever if you repair em at the right time.
    edited August 2021
    Gwen said:
    Seth said:
    CovenantX said:
    +1

I kinda like it the way it is. 
    We loot way more jewelry than any other items. Just compare how many theoretically usefull weapon (2-3 sword types, 2 mace , 1 throwing , 3 archery plus some with splinter) you get. All rest are junk by damage or special moves   And how many jewels. All have chance to be useful if bods will be nice.  So getting  rings and bracelets is not a problem. 
    Prized jewel will last very long. But knowing that it is not pofable pushes us to go in the wild and search for better  stuff. 

About Yukio and Wildfire earrings. Since they are awfull unbalancing items , aimed only to nerf gargoyles, i appreciate they being not pof-able. But dont worry, they will  last quite long . And when they all worn out, nothing bad will happen : you will play same as you played before wildfire event. 
    Can you elaborate what you mean by "unbalance"?
    Its like someone in Dev team mentioned about "power creep", what exactly is the power creep? One hit kill Dark Father?

What is the negative effect if they are POFable? If this is so "unbalancing", should we remove POF from the game? Why should there even be brittle. Make everything Antique so UO game will be another day job to grind 8 hours to replace worn out equipment. 

btw, just speaking my mind about some of the new "limitations" on items in the game since events were introduced. I know many people love them, shard bound, antique weapons, and all. 
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Seth said:

Can you elaborate what you mean by "unbalance"?
    Its like someone in Dev team mentioned about "power creep", what exactly is the power creep? One hit kill Dark Father?

What is the negative effect if they are POFable? If this is so "unbalancing", should we remove POF from the game? Why should there even be brittle. Make everything Antique so UO game will be another day job to grind 8 hours to replace worn out equipment. 

btw, just speaking my mind about some of the new "limitations" on items in the game since events were introduced. I know many people love them, shard bound, antique weapons, and all. 

Unbalancing is: human or elves can wear them and helmet/glasses. In the slot where only 2% resist or Night Sight were.  Grags can wear them in the glasses slot. 
    Same with Wamap earrings. 
    Overpowered item  for me is an item that is only one for this slot. Like SSI eppaulettes. Even lately I got them, I still think they should not exist. Or be way less powerfull. Like 2-5 SSI. May be some Stam , but not 8!!  

It is something like Bokuto you asked in another thread. Packing all desirable properties that are spawned in some combinations on one weapon. I like playing the game where you need to make choice: have this or that.
    Dont act like some child who wants to be fed with only candies and Cola. 

Have you ever used Antique stuff? Or you just afraid to try? I am using Antique  jewels for this event. Doing pretty well. Enough for 2 month event. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Using Antique jewels vs using antique weapon is comparing 2 separate things. You can get away with using antique jewels as a caster (non sampire taking massive hits) but using a 20% splintering bokuto (2s swing) that has antique on it won't last more than a week or 2 depending on if it's the primary weapon.

On my sampire who I use maybe 7-10 hours a week (try to do Fire an hour a day with luck statue) working the dungeon and fel spawn; my brand new imbue double axe (my primary weapon) that is imbued is down to 240 durb max. It could be argued that if I played more it would be much less but it's not terrible for a weapon I can create a new one once it breaks. That said, if this item was antique (like one of the rewards) it would much much lower and would break very quick. This in itself isn't an issue IF the mods make it worth the while to get points for etc... but when you have a fencing weapon with spell channel and 25 SDI as 2 of the mods it's not enticing enough to choose. There needs to be "unbalancing" in items we won't be able to use for long periods of time; otherwise what is the point of going for them? I'll be honest if that Soul Glaive was 25pts instead of 75pts there is a good chance I'd pick a couple just to use for a bit and just know that the run would be short lived... but at the price tag I'd much rather get a set or earrings or just collect 25 more for a luck mask.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,780
    As mentioned by Drago the earrings can be repaired.  Theoretically they can be repaired a maximum of 32640 times.
    TimSt said:
    As mentioned by Drago the earrings can be repaired.  Theoretically they can be repaired a maximum of 32640 times.
    Did you read the thread title?  Explain.
    Pawain said:
    TimSt said:
    Simply put they can be repaired a large number of times. It will take a while before the item goes puff. 
    TimSt said:
    Pawain said:
    TimSt said:
    Simply put they can be repaired a large number of times. It will take a while before the item goes puff. 
    Never mind.  Brain fart. 32640 points of damage total not # of repairs.
     :) 
  • Drago said:
    Earrings do not incur alot of damage.  I have yukio earrings since march on my tamer and never take them off, ever and have trained atleast 4 pets since.  I've only repaired them once.  They'll last forever if you repair em at the right time.
    I had these earrings almost a week & had to repair them - durability was at 3. That was from doing the fire event on a dexxer several hours a day.