Client Crash on Login for characters that had Yukio Quest

VecnaVecna Posts: 23

On one of my accounts I had 2 characters that still had the Yukio quest. I tried to log into them today and the client crashed as soon as the world appears in the client.Yesterday morning before the daily server update I was using one of these toons in Fire dungeon. This morning I logged to do so again and got the crash. Checked other toon that had Yukio quest and the same thing happened. Please help!

Shards affected: Lake Austin and Siege Perilous
Character names: Gorgiamus (on LA) and Calavera (on Siege Perilous)
Location in game: Both inside a co-owned house.
Client affected: Both Classic and Enhanced

I tested several other characters across 4 accounts and only the ones that had Yukio quest seem to be affected.

To be clear, I cannot take any action in game, as soon as the vet reward gump and greeting message try to pop up the client crashes completely and closes in the process.

Comments

• VecnaVecna Posts: 23
    I will add that other toons on the same account are unaffected. I can log on with them without a crash.
    Sorry, enhanced client DOES NOT crash, only Classic Client
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Seems shard specific.  No issues on Lake Superior.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Just checked, still happening.
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    @Vecna Have you tried temporarily removing the user data profile for the characters that are crashing, just to rule that out as a cause?

Default location is: Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\User Data\[acctname]\[shard]\[character]\

I wouldn't delete them, but rename the [character] folder to something like [character-old] just to test if that's the issue.
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

Khyro I did delete a couple of files but not the whole enchilada. I'll try just nuking the whole thing. I also found an additional character that is completely inaccessible on a different account (paid) on Lake Austin.
    @Khyro Nuking the entire folder worked. I can log into the characters that were crashing the client now. Side effect is that all settings / macroes / preferences are reset. Glad I can access them again, so thanks. I'll post over in the other thread as well now.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Vecna said:
    @ Khyro Nuking the entire folder worked. I can log into the characters that were crashing the client now. Side effect is that all settings / macroes / preferences are reset. Glad I can access them again, so thanks. I'll post over in the other thread as well now.
    That is why he said to save the folder.  You can place the Macros back in.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.