Cu Sidhe skins?

Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
edited July 2021 in General Discussions
A couple of things I've wondered about since hearing on the stream
1. Bonnie compared the skins to dragon barding. Dragon barding breaks, will the skins break?
2. Cu Sidhe in CC is rather 'blocky' with flat surfaces that don't really belong on an animal of any kind. Will the skins 'round out' the flat bits, giving it a more natural appearance?

(For anyone who hasn't seen these 'bought from store' skins are Newfoundland, malamute, St Bernard, Great Dane, and, Rottweiler)

Comments

• jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    edited July 2021
    Thank you!  
    Question deleted due to your edit.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "can't you just wait until they are released with descriptions before all the questions?"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Yoshi said:
    "can't you just wait until they are released with descriptions before all the questions?"
    Before they are released gives a better chance for possible changes..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “I’m sure they will not bypass the TC1 phase”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • ReikoReiko Posts: 30
    I have my doubts that it'll round out the appearance, probably just a simple re-hue.. although I would hope they don't break if it is a shop only cosmetic item!
  • drbaldiodrbaldio Posts: 6
    I’d pay triple price for chihuahua skin for my cu
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    @Kyronix @Mesanna you mentioned white in the video which I assume is the non color ones.  
    Please allow these to go on any color Cu. 
    Players have Cus they have used for years we do not want to start over.

I really do not care if the color the Cu was is reflected in the end product. I would rather have all my dogs look like the real thing.
    But maybe you could add a collar that reflects the color of the original Cu.
    That way others would know it was a Blaze Cu.

Is Ryder going to be one of the skins?

It seems the end result should be larger than the dogs in Trinsic.

I think a poodle would look awesome if the end result was the same as the original color Cu.

Other than one of my tamers that hates Cus and prefers Hiryus, all of them have built Cus. One has all colors except blaze built,all with different abilities.

Needless to say, I was surprised and thrilled when I heard this announcement.

Thank you. x infinity

Next pet for skins. Hiryus

@Kyronix you mentioned board games. That is part of my trip this week. My daughter, son in law, my son, and I  love to play board games. Dominion, Carcassone, 7 wonders, Ticket to ride, Settlers of Catan are some we play most often. 

What board games do you like?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ProtectorProtector Posts: 14
    I think it's a good idea for Cu skins. It's exciting.
    However, I would like to think about the fundamentals here. Only elf can do the Cu taming that so many players aspire to. This can be said to be quite biased.
    At the very least, I want people who wear Cu riding shoes (which don't look beautiful ...) to be able to tame Cu.
    With the release of Cu skins, the demand for Cu will increase, so please consider that as well.
    edited July 2021
    Can these skins serve as an optional purpose? When you buy them they could be a statue of these dogs so players could just use them as pets around the pet castle.

Also others are asking if the color of the skin will reflect the color of the Cu.
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    I am surprised you want to miminc the real world into UO.
    We have to remember UO is a medieval game, there might be other more fitting skins for this theme.

Armored skin, pvp skin with sharp edges, fire dragon theme, i dunno but we have to remember they are dogs, but still in middle ages.

• DetoxDetox Posts: 4
    what happen with the skin when the Dog die? 
    psycho said:
    I am surprised you want to miminc the real world into UO.
    We have to remember UO is a medieval game, there might be other more fitting skins for this theme.

Armored skin, pvp skin with sharp edges, fire dragon theme, i dunno but we have to remember they are dogs, but still in middle ages.

That's true when asked. Did the Shiba-Inu exist in the medieval fantasy world? You mean you were in the Tokuno Islands ...
    Eventually I went to Pekinese?? LOL
    Detox said:
    View more as an transformation then a skin
    Detox said:
    Every computer generated object has a skin. They replacing the current skin.
  • DetoxDetox Posts: 4
    Pawain said:
    Detox said:
    Every computer generated object has a skin. They replacing the current skin.

so this is not like an armor?  will be something that you apply and will change the art?
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
    edited July 2021
    They are giving you the ability to 'edit' the genes of your Cushy (I will never forget Mesanna saying that. Ruined forever).  Your Cushy will instantly become another breed. Same stats etc as it had but it's permanent. Unless of course you decide you don't like the look of riding around on a malamute and would rather ride a Great Dane so all you have to do is 'edit' it's genes again.

Did they comment about if it's just the plain cu or all cu ? @Mesanna
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    This is one topic where EC wins.  Cu EC >>>> Cu CC

Drago said:

You think that Chihuahua in the EC looks good?
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    I want the wooly mammoth newfoundland
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    I think I'd rather have the Ancient Hell Hound skin.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    we need similar reskin options for swamp dragon while keeping the dragon barding at the same time 
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    Pawain said:
    Drago said:

You think that Chihuahua in the EC looks good?

Way better than that fugly anorexic looking lab rat in CC
  • I just want to be able to tame a rideable cat that has healing....i mean the graphic for riding tiger's is in the game...for christs sake give them healing and let us ride them!
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662

Thank you @Petra_Fyde for the list.
    I looked them up, so people would know what they look like.
    (if they don't already know)

===========

I LOVE the idea of adding these to game.
    but I have an idea...

The Saint Bernard traditionally carries a whisky barrel around the neck.

can you make the barrel be a container
    and make it to be added to pack animals

my giant beetle is named The Beast
    and I think it would be awesome for him.
    either that or put a barrel around the rottweilers neck hehe
  • ActionEllyActionElly Posts: 156
    McDougle said:
    Did they comment about if it's just the plain cu or all cu ? @ Mesanna

She said it was just the plain so go ahead and start looking for a good one.
    McDougle said:

I have at least 20 built Cus. None are plain and I have no scrolls for a new one.

It would be a very poor decision to limit these to plain color Cus. The revamp has been out 3 + years.

I asked this the day after the video. Would be nice to get a reply for @Kyronix

Pawain said:
    McDougle said:

I have at least 20 built Cus. None are plain and I have no scrolls for a new one.

It would be a very poor decision to limit these to plain color Cus. The revamp has been out 3 + years.

I asked this the day after the video. Would be nice to get a reply for @ Kyronix

Pawain said:
    McDougle said:

I asked this the day after the video. Would be nice to get a reply for @ Kyronix

Yes i will either buy a lot or none at all...

Thank you @ Petra_Fyde for the list.
    I looked them up, so people would know what they look like.
    (if they don't already know)

===========

I LOVE the idea of adding these to game.
    but I have an idea...

The Saint Bernard traditionally carries a whisky barrel around the neck.

can you make the barrel be a container
    and make it to be added to pack animals

my giant beetle is named The Beast
    and I think it would be awesome for him.
    either that or put a barrel around the rottweilers neck hehe
    St. Bernard is a rescue dog, so he packs whiskey (?) In barrels for patients who feel cold. But if Cu is a dog that packs luggage, it makes other pets less attractive.
    The balance is better if you can at least equip a barrel of distilled liquor.
    Do not load new luggage only on Cu. So why not sell an item like a "saddle" at the UO store so that all pets can carry a small amount of luggage?
    Great graphics make Tamer even happier!