Questions about the future of taming

As it is now we should just change the skill name to beast master.the last two new pets both came in statue form i can't even remember the last actual tamable something from time of legends? Which is how many years old... we don't really even train taming by taming past 90 ... can we get new actual tamable pets soon ? 
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    A jackalope would be awesome... or the rabbit from monty python.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    A big yellow tabby cat and a tortie among others.
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    I'd like to see dragons become mountable.  They are essentially an extinct pet  with cu's.   We should be able to khalessi these babies.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    And have it be the traditional dragons, not the serpentine type mount
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    We should be able to ride all pets. Why can i ride a blue beetle and a fire beetle but not a frost mite which is literally the same frame..All pets should come with the ability to train healing. 
    Norry said:
    And have it be the traditional dragons, not the serpentine type mount

Yep.  It doesn't need to even to be flyable.  Just let me hop on that sucka.
  • FoosFoos Posts: 81
    I just wish I could train my pre-patch dragon without him instantly going to 4 slots.  He's my best pet. 
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited July 2021
    McDougle said:
    We should be able to ride all pets. Why can i ride a blue beetle and a fire beetle but not a frost mite which is literally the same frame..All pets should come with the ability to train healing. 

Yeah, i was so hoping they'd make Frost Mites ridable. After they first announced they'd look into making Ossein Rams and Frost Mites ridable, i farmed over a thousand Frost Mites looking for a good 85 Cold/50 Poison 2 Slot Frost Mite, and sold 3 other good Frost Mites that i tamed in the process for 15 Mill per.
    Imagine this monster as a ridable. Hits every Stat/Regen cap, full 120s, and still has 25 TP left with nothing left to spend it on.

Drago said:
    I'd like to see dragons become mountable.  They are essentially an extinct pet  with cu's.   We should be able to khalessi these babies.

That's basically what a Reptalon is. A ridable Dragon.

The reason people have Cus over most other rideables is the free built in healing..
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    I want to ride a Triton.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Saddles and packs were in the planning stage of the pet revamp. 

I have confidence in our artist. She can make saddles work.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    The future of taming may be more skins.

We are missing a 50% cold 50% fire damage pet that could be made in the future.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited July 2021
    Pawain said:

My vote is for the Arctic Fire Cu Sidhe. It could be Blaze Orange with Ice highlights 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Pawain said:

My vote is for the Arctic Fire Cu Sidhe. It could be Blaze Orange with Ice highlights 
    ...as my eyes burn completely out of their sockets from all the blaze/glacier pets being ridden around 
    I want to ride a Triton.

i'd imagine you'd slip and fall off , being as they look like an animated diarrhea slug
    Pawain said:

that'd be a fairly ineffective pet , being that majority of mobs have high or 100% resists in one or the other (undead /  dragons / elementals ),  even if you train chiv, you're banking on conscreate weap to proc.
    +1 to make frost mites ride able.  Add rune beetles too.
  • I’d love if they would allow healing on other pets. If anything, just to see people using the pets they like rather than everyone with a cu or triton. I think the diversity would help revitalize at least one aspect of the game. Also, +1 for rideable frost mites. Love those buggers.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:

...as my eyes burn completely out of their sockets from all the blaze/glacier pets being ridden around 
    Eyes are overrated 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:

Eyes are overrated 
    I see what you did there 
  • ProtectorProtector Posts: 14
    It's strange that some pets can't ride, even though they seem to be able to ride, for no apparent reason. If you can distinguish between normal llamas and rideable llamas, you should be able to do other pets (I understand that llamas are special for UO players!).
    Maybe I don't want to spend time drawing graphics when I ride a pet, but I'm not saying I want to ride a cyclopes or Virtuebane, but a "pet that looks like it can ride" I just want to ride.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Protector said:
    It's strange that some pets can't ride, even though they seem to be able to ride, for no apparent reason. If you can distinguish between normal llamas and rideable llamas, you should be able to do other pets (I understand that llamas are special for UO players!).
    Maybe I don't want to spend time drawing graphics when I ride a pet, but I'm not saying I want to ride a cyclopes or Virtuebane, but a "pet that looks like it can ride" I just want to ride.
    Yeah, we can ride a vet reward tiger but not the tamed tigers. The vet reward tiger ride should be a different color and make the normal tamed tiger rideable too. Both serve different purpose.

Most animals with 4 legs and back facing the sky should be rideable unless its a porcupine... like Lions and Sabertooth, 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • ProtectorProtector Posts: 14
    Seth said:
    Protector said:
    Yeah, we can ride a vet reward tiger but not the tamed tigers. The vet reward tiger ride should be a different color and make the normal tamed tiger rideable too. Both serve different purpose.

Most animals with 4 legs and back facing the sky should be rideable unless its a porcupine... like Lions and Sabertooth, 
    Yes, that's right. For example, tamed lions, tamed triceratops, and Saber-Toothed Tigers have healing skills. To get the most out of their abilities, you should be able to ride!
    In fact, I go to the dungeon with Triceratops, but I always wish I could ride on Triceratops.
    Oh, will it be another game when you can ride a dinosaur? :)
    There are many other pets with unique abilities (such as Ossein Ram), so you should be able to ride them to make them your best friends.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Protector said:
    Seth said:
    Protector said:

Yes, that's right. For example, tamed lions, tamed triceratops, and Saber-Toothed Tigers have healing skills. To get the most out of their abilities, you should be able to ride!
    In fact, I go to the dungeon with Triceratops, but I always wish I could ride on Triceratops.
    Oh, will it be another game when you can ride a dinosaur? :)
    There are many other pets with unique abilities (such as Ossein Ram), so you should be able to ride them to make them your best friends.

Yeah, it would be nice but I think its unlikely to happen... too much work to create the new graphics. The new TC (NLS) is keeping the Dev busy. Some might also argue it would depreciate the value of the favourite Cu Sidhe.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • TchallaTchalla Posts: 24
    It would be fun to ride my high plains boura into the fray.