Treasures of Wildfire Rewards

124»

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Fearless said:
    Vanbar(UWF) of Atlantic made a comment tonight, that I happen to agree with.
    since people like to collect these outfits, because of the color.
    you can't cut the clothing into cloth...

so he stated that you need to add a dye to the rewards, (10 pts per charge)

I would love to have a Wildfire pigment.
    (my suggestion, since its probably too late for that, add the pigment to cleanup rewards)
    The cloth is already out there
    all these drops are shard bound.
    if you transmog onto them, then they are still shard bound.
    (don't know if it would let you since they do have stats)

if there was a dye/pigment, then you could add that to existing items.
    And wouldn't have to change outfits, if you wanted to transfer to another shard.
  • FearlessFearless Posts: 8
    edited July 2021

Fearless said:
    Vanbar(UWF) of Atlantic made a comment tonight, that I happen to agree with.
    since people like to collect these outfits, because of the color.
    you can't cut the clothing into cloth...

so he stated that you need to add a dye to the rewards, (10 pts per charge)

I would love to have a Wildfire pigment.
    (my suggestion, since its probably too late for that, add the pigment to cleanup rewards)
    The cloth is already out there
    all these drops are shard bound.
    if you transmog onto them, then they are still shard bound.
    (don't know if it would let you since they do have stats)

if there was a dye/pigment, then you could add that to existing items.
    And wouldn't have to change outfits, if you wanted to transfer to another shard.
    The cloth albeit extremely excusive supposedly isn't shard bound, I am not sure if ingots/leather are out there but a dye would ruin that exclusivity and take away the uniqueness of some of the rewards to me.  Add to that, that the rewards have been purposely designed with the intent of keeping items on the shard they were earned and having to be earned on each shard you play so if it was added it should probably be at a token price similar to the lore pages. Outside my own opinion i am sure many people would love that though (along with every other rare hue in the game).

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    Fearless said:

The cloth albeit extremely excusive supposedly isn't shard bound, I am not sure if ingots/leather are out there but a dye would ruin that exclusivity and take away the uniqueness of some of the rewards to me.  Add to that, that the rewards have been purposely designed with the intent of keeping items on the shard they were earned and having to be earned on each shard you play so if it was added it should probably be at a token price similar to the lore pages. Outside my own opinion i am sure many people would love that though (along with every other rare hue in the game).

You say the cloth is already out there?

How?

From this event, or a prior event?

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Maybe they think the tabard cloth is it?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Anyone able to confirm if the luck statue reward is anything more than a reskinned 10th anni statue? Can we stack the luck touch?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    keven2002 said:
    Anyone able to confirm if the luck statue reward is anything more than a reskinned 10th anni statue? Can we stack the luck touch?
    Reskin no stack
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • AlreadyDeadAlreadyDead Posts: 23
    edited July 2021

hmCookie said:

You say the cloth is already out there?

How?

From this event, or a prior event?

Sure, just noone wearing it on the bigger shards hmmm
  • ActionEllyActionElly Posts: 156
    what's the keys for Yukio's cell do?
    what's the keys for Yukio's cell do?
    it is a container

(UO Cah has a page, with what the items do, if known. 
     look at the bottom of their post)
  • ActionEllyActionElly Posts: 156
    Thanks @Cinderella
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Has anyone claimed the piece of castambre?? Does it do anything? What about the table?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    My warrior would love the 10 hci earrings but wait he's a gargoyle and that slot is filled... now put it on necklace....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    edited July 2021
    Off topic posts have been removed.

It would appear that most of the decorative items give fiction-related information when double clicked. As posted by @Cinderella uo-cah have included this information in their page.
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    @Kyronix ; , some suggestions for future dynamic spawn events:

1- people like to use reward items as clothes for mannequins or vendors. Why we dont have robes, eppaulettes, boots, amulets, sashes  and aprons?  With no properties will be good for decorators. 
    2- Let us cut gargish cloth armor. You promised something good for gargs, but during Yukio and Wildfire events gargoyle characters were left in cold.  2 types of earrings and a human\elf mask.  and useless earrings for gargoyles. 

3- wildfire drops should do something against wildfire mobs. Give protection or damage modyfier. Since they are maximum Greater Magic and have pretty bad properties - they will not help players with Hi-End gear. Such players will not be able to squeeze this gear in their suits. But for low - or middle- class players it will be great help. Or for some low-populated shards , they will have chance to fight nasty paragon Balrons . 
    Example - 5% damage modyfier to or 5% damage decrease from dynamic monsters for this dynamic event item you have on.  Nobody will take off Morphius Eppaulettes to have it. Nor take off that legendary-enhanced multi-million peace of armor. Or nicely reforged and imbued weapon. But for those who dont have such gear , or have nothing in that slot (not every player can kill Navery to get Tangle) it will be a huge bonus. 

4- Make champoin (Abomination) drop something good. Pages will be  nice. Only one drop like this time is no good. You get pages for killing small rabbits and get nothing for killing a huge and nasty one? On low-populated shards nobody was interested to kill it second time after gettin a bracelet. 

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    All good suggestions @Gwen
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    @Gwen ;

Thanks for the suggestions!

Re: the clothes - are you talking about as "of Wildfire" artifact drops or you mean items you can redeem from the NPC? 

Re: cutting up the cloth - are you talking about this as a means to get the cloth to craft uniquely hued clothing?

Re: Wildfire drops - these are all randomly generated using the existing randomly generated magic item backend.  Adding what you suggest would be something we would add as low cost redeemable reward from the NPC.  We have a lot more ability to customize those rewards than what drops randomly.  Most of those minor-artifact drops are for turning in anyway, with a useful item coming once and a while.  But, as you mention, finding useable items for the elder state the gear loop is in creates a huge challenge.

Re: dynamic champion bosses - we have a task slated in Pub 111 to address these concerns and look forward to additional player feedback on how to better incentivize participation in these events for the entire duration.

Thanks again! :)
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Kyronix said:
    @Gwen ;

Thanks for the suggestions!

You are welcome. 

Re: the clothes - are you talking about as "of Wildfire" artifact drops or you mean items you can redeem from the NPC? 

Re: Re: "öf Wildfire" . Now we have weapon , armor and jewelry. Why dont include artifact drops like robes and boots of wildfire? Same for turning in. Great for those who want to gear their vendor . Wildfire in all slots. Talisman "Of Wildfire" with Mana Phasing Orb properties will be awesome. Or with crafting bonuses. Or even empty.

Re: cutting up the cloth - are you talking about this as a means to get the cloth to craft uniquely hued clothing?

Re: Re: Yes. Gargoyles have chance to get "Cloth Armor of Wildfire" .I  tried to cut it first thing after I got it. Cannot do. Since cloth armor has no hidden bonuses and cannot be enhanced and has no bonuses comparing to gargish leather armor,  this will be at least something good of it. 

Re: Wildfire drops - these are all randomly generated using the existing randomly generated magic item backend.  Adding what you suggest would be something we would add as low cost redeemable reward from the NPC.  We have a lot more ability to customize those rewards than what drops randomly.  Most of those minor-artifact drops are for turning in anyway, with a useful item coming once and a while.  But, as you mention, finding useable items for the elder state the gear loop is in creates a huge challenge.

Re: Re: Add property "+5% damage modyfier"  (including bard skills) or "5% damage reduction " to all creatures "of Wildfire" (like Wamap Bone Earrings). Can be only damage or protection.  Dont know if it is feasible.  Each artifact has "of wildfire" property. Mobs have it too. May be it can serve as trigger for damage modifier. More items- more damage increase. 
    Redeemable are all predefined. I suggest people to look what they looted and upgrade their "of wildfire" suits. Exchange. Find better pieces. Making a suit is interesting job. Your predefined will not suit most of players.  Random ones - will not too. But with randomly generated artifacts (same quality as now, from Minor to Greater magic) people will have hope to get suitable masterpiece with this exact resists and stats, and aim to kill more to get something better. 

Re: dynamic champion bosses - we have a task slated in Pub 111 to address these concerns and look forward to additional player feedback on how to better incentivize participation in these events for the entire duration.

Re: Re: Pity that artifact trader dont accept those Yukio stuff we all piled as "of Wildfire" artifact.  Also it still have no Cleanup points. 
    Switching rewards : Yukio earrings  and lore pages for a quest (same rate , 1 for finished quest) , 8 different deco from killing Mega- Rabbit , and bracelet for a first kill  I will like way more. Or other reward for finishing the spawn.  

Thanks again! :)

thanks to you too ! :-))
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "It was my understanding that the wildfire artifacts were going to become cursed in fel, I'm not saying that i am using sampire bots to mine artifacts myself and auto insure, but this is an efficient way of mining artifacts and gives unnecessary profit to those who have control of bots, perhaps would have been better to not encourage this sort of NPC play"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    If anyone has the Secrets of Sosaria (+10 HCI earrings), please advise if it is POF-able.
    Thanks in advance.

btw, the Mask of Wildfire (+250 luck) is pof-able like the Mark of Travesty.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "Very unlikely, you cannot PoF jewellery, i have a pair but not worn them yet"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Bilbo said:
    Gargs should have had better nightsight than elves do because they turn to stone and watch over the city during the day and come alive at night to fight evil.

Lol, i remember that cartoon. Was one of my favorites to watch before heading to school.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited July 2021
    @Kyronix Any chance the Potion of Glorious Fortune can be added to the UO Store? Not only are people spending more time outside due to summer, but work is picking up for many people due to both the summer and the economy improving (lots of backload work to be done), and so people have less time to play.
    I myself am working 50-60 hour weeks, and working out 20 hours a week, and so have precious little time to play. Can basically only play on the weekends. I have more money than time right now. Would like the option to buy the Potion of Glorious Fortune to have a chance at getting some of these artifacts myself. EA and Broadsword are missing out on income by not releasing the Potion of Glorious Fortune to the UO Store again.
  • hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    Cookie said:
    Kyronix said:
    We've updated the reward costs on Origin based on feedback.  The Lorebook pages are still 1 point each, which is all that has been claimed thus far on Origin.

Thanks everyone for the feeedback.

Thank you, guild appreciate it, they asked me, If I could ask for further reduction on the ring ? ;)

Do you have any feedback on why the weapons are antique? You have artefacts that are similar 6 property quality that are fully repairable? (All Stygian Abyss ones?) I think antique on these weapons, will put anyone off getting them at all.

the weapons honestly are worthless i would not claim them you can find better loot on the ground 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Yoshi said:
    "Very unlikely, you cannot PoF jewellery, i have a pair but not worn them yet"
    Thanks, I keep forgetting this generic rule. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • ProtectorProtector Posts: 14
    There are many nonsensical reward items mixed with useful reward items ... that's the "treasure hunt" :)
    No other game is so unkind and exciting!
    edited July 2021
    I agree with Gwen.
    we need boots, sandals, shoes and thigh boots of Wildfire...
    and any event in the future...
    to complete our outfits.

this outfit needs matching shoes!!!

(it is currently on a mannequin, but I plan on putting it on a character
    as soon as I can find some kind of footwear for her)