Can we please kill the bank gump?

MissEMissE Posts: 776
edited April 2018 in General Discussions
Ok since the publish every single time I say 'bank' not only does my bank open but that HUGE banking gump opens as well with all that drivel on it.  And every time I say 'bank' I have to then close that HUGE banking gump that opens with it as it takes up half of my laptop screen.

This extra gump ONLY used to open when you clicked on the banker and said 'open bankbox' and needs to be changed back.

I know someone esle bought this up in another thread but due to the woefully bad search function on this forum I can't find the original posters thread, as any search I make must inclue the word 'bank' and guess how many threads and posts there are atm with that particular word in it?  About 10,000 or more.

So can we kill the bank gump and while your at it fix the search functions for this forum.  I made a post re that on the forum feedback 'forum' but the feedback only goes one way.  Into the hole.

:'(

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum

Comments

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    yep I agree
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    +1

And get an UI designer in the future... alone the wording on that gump is nothing but ?????
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • +1!!!
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    I don't get the countless options. It's weird. If they have to do with EJ. Scrap them. Seriously. Ultima Online is very complicated for most people. Consolidate and simplify, don't proliferate and complicate. Apply KISS (Keep it simple, stupid) everywhere.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • DM_WyvernDM_Wyvern Posts: 31
    Actually, as a new player to the game I found the automatic pop up of the banking gump to be extremely helpful. For new players like myself, the usage of the banking gump was not that obvious previously. 
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Then have it automatically pop up for [young] only...
    Or just make it simpler/smaller and an option in settings. Or show bank box when you say "bank", and the gump when you say "bank menu".
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    It's fine the way it is now. Nice and user friendly, i know a lot of current uo players don't like it when things are user friendly as they get some sort of sense of one upmanship if they know how to access their bank account and a new/returning player does not.

Get over yourselves?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Mervyn said:
    It's fine the way it is now. Nice and user friendly, i know a lot of current uo players don't like it when things are user friendly as they get some sort of sense of one upmanship if they know how to access their bank account and a new/returning player does not.

Get over yourselves?
    Yes sir.  Will try to not have an opinion in the future.  Y'all enjoy the bigass thang for the rest of your lives.
    I certainly think it wouldn't hurt to include a simple "bank" and "bank menu" command and add the option to open the gump when you say "bank" in options, which is on by default. Win-win. :)
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited April 2018
    I can make sense of what my "Character transfer account" is.

But I honestly couldn't tell anyone what's the difference between "Secure account" and "Currency account". I usually just check my balance through the insurance menu ^^ Even as an active player I would have to look that up now.

I personally find that bank gump highly confusing most of the times. And I like the idea of @InLor one post above mine ^
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    What is a secure account used for? I would just make, erm, the regular account secure and leave those options out. Then have the most often normal options appear first. And the Character transfer account stuff last.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    +1 

why not not have a check box like the paper has “do not show this again” 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Im finding it helpful.  The most common thing I do is drop off the gold I collect.  Click the deposit and tag the gold and your done.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    InLor said:
    What is a secure account used for? I would just make, erm, the regular account secure and leave those options out. Then have the most often normal options appear first. And the Character transfer account stuff last.
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/player/money/

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    I think they got rid of it.

IMy bank box just opens when I say bank.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Thank goodness.

• HonkwompHonkwomp Posts: 44
    When I say bank, I just get my bank box. when I use open bank box on the banker, I get all of it
    That's the way it's sposed to be, the way it used to work and works again =)