recent bannings is good and all but why not target all cheaters?

the recent bannings are good and all but really those activities have very little negative impact on the game aside from the multiboxer's. When are you going to start banning people using 3rd party programs in PvP ?

Comments

• The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    I would love to see that happen, but I think they have to show a list of programs as approved or not first before the ban hammer drops.  Im sure there are some programs they probably don't even know are being used, I could give them a list of stuff that detrimental to the game but who knows if they'll even listen to it.  It also hard to decipher the difference between someone on EC and someone on CC using something, since the speed difference is so vast.  Equalize the speed between the clients and make it incredibly easy to tell.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited April 2018
    I have to completely agree with @The_Higgs_1

I am a diehard no cheating player. As people who know me will tell you. 

But do you ban people for using Pinco’s UI? It has an inbuilt script to auto stop attack when blood oathed.

We need a list. I can no longer argue to people to say they MUST use uoassist and not an equivalent when for a couple of weeks the program didn’t work and even I have ran out of uoassist macro spaces.

Also our guild has a policy you absolutely must use UOCartographer, if you’re not logged in you can’t play with us.

And whilst I don’t condone speed hacking, I agree again they should first make the 2 client’s speeds the same.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited April 2018
    Didn't Mesanna say at a M&G that they were looking at other programs that we could use, what ever happened to that.  I remember UOA had to be down graded before UO would allow it and now we have the EC with Pinco that is prob. an equal to that other UOA
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 269
    Ban em' all, zero empathy for cheaters here. I've seen far to many folks leave the game b/c
    of them to give a squat how many kiss the banstick.
    Bring out Lucille....
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited April 2018
    Acid_Rain said:
    Ban em' all, zero empathy for cheaters here. I've seen far to many folks leave the game b/c
    of them to give a squat how many kiss the banstick.
    Bring out Lucille....
    100% agreed! :)
    edited April 2018
    Ban people for using pinco’s UI? 
    Little extreme...
    it was plastered all over stratics as if it was an approved program.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,337
    Mervyn said:
    Little extreme...
    Pinco's is not a program, EC was designed to have customizable UI, and at first there were several modders creating them, but most people started using Pinco's UI and the others fell by the wayside. 
  • PureLifePureLife Posts: 54
    Just saying that when I can provide multiple youtube video's of players openly running cheats to @Mesanna only to be told that it's not her problem and to contact ingame support I lose faith in the game. No other game would tolerate players openly using cheats on twitch or youtube without tracking them down and punishing them.
    Mervyn said:
    Little extreme...
    Pinco's is not a program, EC was designed to have customizable UI, and at first there were several modders creating them, but most people started using Pinco's UI and the others fell by the wayside. 
    Mervyn said:
    Little extreme...
    EC was designed to have a customisable UI, that should not include scripts to auto stop attack when blood oathed or keep a char perma in game without it logging out. How is it any different to the scripts that other programs run on Classic Client?
    cheating is allows on EC but not CC? 

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    PureLife said:
    Just saying that when I can provide multiple youtube video's of players openly running cheats to @ Mesanna only to be told that it's not her problem and to contact ingame support I lose faith in the game. No other game would tolerate players openly using cheats on twitch or youtube without tracking them down and punishing them.
    The problem is that Char names are not unique so just from a video it would be hard to ban someone.  Mesanna would have to search every account and then snoop all chars with that name to catch one person or as she said is you need to page so they can be caught at that time so there is no mistake.  I would sure as hell hate to get banned because someone made a char with my name and sent a video of it cheating to UO as proof.
  • HonkwompHonkwomp Posts: 44
    This is a war that EA/Mythic will never win.  They don't have enough people to ban every macroer and they should not try.  Every time someone loses, they want to find any excuse why they were owned, and having a macro stop auto attack is not gonna make the difference between someone getting owned or not
    I would prefer they concentrate on the player afk pvm'ing, resource harvesting,  things like that.   I could care less if someone is making recalls, or casting combat training AFK.
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 269
    edited April 2018
    Bilbo said:
    PureLife said:
    Just saying that when I can provide multiple youtube video's of players openly running cheats to @ Mesanna only to be told that it's not her problem and to contact ingame support I lose faith in the game. No other game would tolerate players openly using cheats on twitch or youtube without tracking them down and punishing them.
    The problem is that Char names are not unique so just from a video it would be hard to ban someone.  Mesanna would have to search every account and then snoop all chars with that name to catch one person or as she said is you need to page so they can be caught at that time so there is no mistake.  I would sure as hell hate to get banned because someone made a char with my name and sent a video of it cheating to UO as proof.
    When the chars are wearing the exact same armor/clothing, using the exact same color scheme (a lot of these players wear the brightest/loudest colors possible), on the exact same mounts as on the videos - C'mon..... really?

A 2nd grader can put the square peg in the square hole, if they want to.
    edited April 2018
    As far as I know, people have been using 3rd party programs for the last 15 years without receiving any warnings etc. 

So person A reports person B for cheating everyday for 15 years, and nothing happens. Can you really blame person A for deciding to even the playing field?

all you have to do is paralise someone and see how quick the trap box goes off to find the “cheaters”.

i only use uoasist and uocartographer, in fel I am in the minority.

You’d only be left with like 10 classic client players if they banned people. Everyone else left would be EC players as If you use EC you don’t need to speedhack cos it’s inherently faster. 

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,337
    Acid_Rain said:
    Bilbo said:
    PureLife said:
    When the chars are wearing the exact same armor/clothing, using the exact same color scheme (a lot of these players wear the brightest/loudest colors possible), on the exact same mounts as on the videos - C'mon..... really?

A 2nd grader can put the square peg in the square hole, if they want to.
    I guess you've never had a character copied to deliberately try to get you in trouble?  I have. My main character, the one with the name you see on this post, was copied and used to script mine. 
    Always known for my anti-cheating stance I was held up to be a liar and a hypocrite on a forum because of this cruel 'joke'. I wasn't banned, but I was deeply distressed.
    Scripters will be banned, but they have to be caught in the act. There is no way to prove a video isn't a 'set up', much like the scripter who claimed to be me.
    edited April 2018
    Come on Petra, would be easy enough to find. I’m sure there are logs they can cross reference. 

Especially if the character name did happen to be unique. 

It would take a lot of effort to frame someone. To begin with, people normally post videos of themselves killing other people. So what you’d have to get whole guilds involved in a re-inactment of being owned by someone...

Are you also a flat earther per chance?

• psychopsycho Posts: 290
    What they should do is to increase the 2d speed to match the enchanted speed, so that everyone can run around at lightening speeds and everyone can recieve "target not seen" errors when casting spells on targets way out of screen.

The enchanted client was made to allow players to add cuztomizable UIs, I dont know if they need to be approved or what, but if it doesnt theres probably many wicked UIs out there with "helping automated"  scripts.    Just the fact that people jump of horse, dismount jump back on again in a nanosecond looks ridiculous, even if allowed and legal its just a stupid move making pvp less manual and less fun.

UO:assist: why this program that havent been updated for past 10years are still the only legal option to drink a freaking potion in 2dclient is beyond me. we cant all run around doubleclicking potions in2d client (yes i know someone that does that). Theres few features of UOAssist that are useful, just add them to 2d client so we can all skip the 3rd party program in first place.

• InLorInLor Posts: 384
    psycho said:
    UO:assist: why this program that havent been updated for past 10years are still the only legal option to drink a freaking potion in 2dclient is beyond me. we cant all run around doubleclicking potions in2d client (yes i know someone that does that). Theres few features of UOAssist that are useful, just add them to 2d client so we can all skip the 3rd party program in first place.

I really wish UOAssist would be updated. I wrote the owner if I can help. No answer.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.