Clarification on Treasures of Wildire Trammel/Felucca Data Collection

KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
edited June 2021 in General Discussions
@Kyronix

During the Live Stream today, it was said you guys are evaluating whether to keep Treasures events active in both Tram and Fel based on how many items are turned in from each facet.

The statement was a little ambiguous and I was hoping you could clarify. Are you able to track whether a drop was acquired in Fel or Tram based on the drop itself, or are you only tracking whether the drop was turned in to the Tram or Fel Artifact Trader?

If you are tracking which vendor the artifact was turned in to, I fear that is not going to give you accurate results as I know many people that turn all their artifacts in to the Tram vendor, regardless of where they were acquired.

For reference, 4:37 timestamp on the live stream video:
https://www.uo-cah.com
Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    We track it all :)
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    I turned in at least 90% of mine in fel,  had 3 fights on the first day and a 4 v 8 fight last night =D
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    Would be great to keep this in both tram and fel.

The spawn rate should be turned up in tram.  Even more true if you were to remove this in fel.  Show us what you've got :)

Also, you could consider having some days where it's FEL only.
  • AlreadyDeadAlreadyDead Posts: 23
    edited July 2021
    If the other shards are anything like my home shard then i don't think there will be confusion. Even with maybe 1/4 of players using Fel, 80% of drops are coming from the spawn as it's by far the best drop rate for melee chars while Semidar completions having gone from <5 a week to 20 a day while everyone is still excited over the drops.
  • I just want to add that this is a long event and it's only been a week and we're heading into a major holiday weekend. Just because Fel may not be busy now doesn't mean it won't be before the event is over.

Hopefully the decision won't be based off the first two weeks of this; especially with only one weekend not counting this holiday weekend.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2021
    “The wildfire drops in fel are still not cursed, 

Please switch off fel side on ATL if you’re not going to make arties cursed”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited July 2021
    Kyronix said:
    We track it all :)

On Europa, we are going for it non-stop in Felucca, (well not me personally in terms of farming - I have been pvping in there non stop), my guild is currently losing the war badly, but the rest of the shard have teams in there non stop day and night.

This has really made it for us, having a spawn in there as well, it's really giving us all something to play for.

I would be astonished if Trammel managed to farm more than us.

But yes, a lot of the time, we hand in Trammel, it is safer, we have a warzone going in Felucca.

I'd almost love to see a couple of those stats, I know that is probably not the sort of thing you'd do, but I'd love to know.

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Here’s a stat for you:
    arties I got from mining afk: 120
    arties i for from killing sampires: 10
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • FoosFoos Posts: 81
    The dungeon on Lake Superior has been loaded with the same guild PK'ing since the event started.  I think this would mean it's working as intended regardless of whether or not the drop turn in or drop rate is high.  That's the point isn't it?  To pvp?  Control resources.  I'm not in that guild and I'm not good enough at PVP to stop that guild yet... but it gives me a goal. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited July 2021
    Foos said:
    The dungeon on Lake Superior has been loaded with the same guild PK'ing since the event started.  I think this would mean it's working as intended regardless of whether or not the drop turn in or drop rate is high.  That's the point isn't it?  To pvp?  Control resources.  I'm not in that guild and I'm not good enough at PVP to stop that guild yet... but it gives me a goal. 

I think that was why only Atlantic Fel has the event in the past, and the strongest guild will control the gold mine. Champ spawn has alot of... spawns naturally and a good source of drop. They should ban Sampires and only allow pvp templates in Fel. Sampires are OP, they will squeeze so much reward juices from the event that I think its time to ban :D

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Seth said:
    Foos said:

I think that was why only Atlantic Fel has the event in the past, and the strongest guild will control the gold mine. Champ spawn has alot of... spawns naturally and a good source of drop. They should ban Sampires and only allow pvp templates in Fel. Sampires are OP, they will squeeze so much reward juices from the event that I think its time to ban :D

Sampire is terrible at pvp ...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    McDougle said:
    Seth said:
    Foos said:

Sampire is terrible at pvp ...

Exactly ;)
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Also, you could consider having some days where it's FEL only.
    Do you know how many people would blow a gasket if that happened?? Look at the "Valentine's Day massacre" in UO lmao
  • FoosFoos Posts: 81
    edited July 2021
    Seth said:
    Foos said:

No reason to ban the sampire.  That guild I refer to has a Sampire and they farm the spawn with it but that Sampire isn't great at PVP.  They protect that Sampire with their other chars.  And to be perfectly clear.  I think this is great.  That guild should control this spawn until another group can compete with them. 
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    I’m curious how this is being tracked.  If it’s based on turn ins it’s going to be skewed by collectors.
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    you cant use the turn in guy as the way to track things.  Someone could farm 100% of their drops in felucca and turn them in on the trammel side for fear of thieves or being pked on the way out.  

Only thing to track is how many times semidar is being spawned or killed from prior to this event to now.  I bet its gone up 300% at least.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    I have turned in none. Should I go turn in a bulk amount in fel ?
     :D 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    1. The_Higgs_1 said:
    you cant use the turn in guy as the way to track things.  Someone could farm 100% of their drops in felucca and turn them in on the trammel side for fear of thieves or being pked on the way out.  Only thing to track is how many times semidar is being spawned or killed from prior to this event to now.  I bet its gone up 300% at least.
    No because you stand guard at her and won't let us kill her.
    edited July 2021
    Pawain said:
    No because you stand guard at her and won't let us kill her.
     just think, in Trammel that isn't possible.  

Also, if the devs make the drops Cursed as was discussed in another thread, this probably wouldn't happen.. cause there would be even more reason to kill other players there B)   I rarely if ever insure my drops anyway, I'd welcome that change.

there should probably be a champ spawn on both sides.   and something other than powerscrolls should drop in tram.    they should re-enable paragon champs to spawn, so that there would be a small chance to get a Paragon box from them as well.

a paragon champ you can't leech life from (during events such as this) might make it a bit more interesting.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited July 2021
    DP.
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    I agree they should include an idol in tram so we could increase the spawn on our own.

For many of us on LS it is useless in fel because they guard the area and kill players before they get drops. It is just griefing.
  • DelthorDelthor Posts: 61
    Pawain said:
    I agree they should include an idol in tram so we could increase the spawn on our own.

For many of us on LS it is useless in fel because they guard the area and kill players before they get drops. It is just griefing,
    Honestly that guild on ls is letting anyone come in and join in the spawn, we just don’t want anyone hitting semidar is the only rules so they can stay alive in there  last night 3 OMG! Members were doing the spawn with 4-6 other people 
    I do not understand why y'all want Semidar to stay alive. Wouldn't it be better to kill her and begin the spawn again?
  • DelthorDelthor Posts: 61
    Pawain said:
    I do not understand why y'all want Semidar to stay alive. Wouldn't it be better to kill her and begin the spawn again?
    We just want the scrolls, that’s all. We don’t wanna share them is the point. We don’t keep semidar alive 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    edited July 2021
    @Kyronix is the number of paragons getting generated being tracked?  On Pacific it seems that there are more paragons this time around then in previous Treasures Of events. It is to the point that I stopped playing the event. 

<edit> To clarify: I have no problems killing the paragons. It is the number of paragons that need to be killed.
    TimSt said:
    @ Kyronix is the number of paragons getting generated being tracked?  On Pacific it seems that there are more paragons this time around then in previous Treasures Of events. It is to the point that I stopped playing the event. 

<edit> To clarify: I have no problems killing the paragons. It is the number of paragons that need to be killed.
    I think people are killing the easy spawn and leaving the paragons and they build up...
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Don’t spend a lot of time there but see more dead players than I have seen at any other event.  Just an observation.  Paragons, especially the harder to kill ones, seem much more aggressive.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    Merus said:
    I’m curious how this is being tracked.  If it’s based on turn ins it’s going to be skewed by collectors.
    Seems the server would know how many drops are being awarded, in which facet, and to which players.
    It says in your journal so i assume it's being saved...
  • DukarloDukarlo Posts: 50
    As far as the fel spawn goes, I like it. I haven't pvped in any organized manner in 4 or 5 years as the crew I ran with is either inactive or no longer plays at all.. I think it's great for pvp that people are grouping up to control the spawn. I play a sampire at the spawn and see many more non affiliated blues than I see reds. Only problem I see is that a lot of the blues are kind of cowardly. With as many blues as there all it takes is for them to grow a set and whip out a decent bokuto or dismount weapon etc. I have seen times where a bunch of blues have done this and wiped out the reds. Wipe out the reds with authority and they tend to stay away for a while. 
    Some groups of reds are actually not very good at all. Again, all it takes is for the masses to gank the crap out of them. I would much rather die fighting then cowering on the docks. It's not like the pvp is constant. Take care of business then farm away. It certainly breaks up the grind and actually makes the event fun. I felt the same way about the Deceit event. This has been on ATL by the way