Question(s) for the NL stream coming on 6/30/21

Figured posting a question on here, a few days in advance as well as being easier to see than on the stream being flooded by text.  So here it goes: 

If must be about NL : 
What is being worked on the regular shards for the people that aren't interested in the new shard that have helped pay the bills for the last almost 25 years?  I ask this because it seems like there is a lot of push and effort being made towards NL but what is plan B, what is the plan if that fails to bring any new player base like you are hoping?

IF can be about anything : 
Are we ever going to see a revamp on the items such as artifacts that don't really get used anymore in game?  They were great in their time (10-15 years ago) but now I see most get thrown away or even dropped on the ground.  Most of these can even be imbued and take the same amount of effort it does to get a useable drop.

Thanks for your time.

@Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna

Comments

• AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 237
    The majority of the content being developed for New Legacy is also going to be applied to the regular shards.  So quit complaining about that please they've addressed that since day one.

And I highly doubt we see any more revamps on old artifacts now especially with the new treasure system they are using to introduce new rewards more frequently. Doom has already had multiple buff's to various artifacts (through crafting) to make it viable there is not much need to update any others with the amount of new items coming into the game now on a regular basis.
  • GaretjaxGaretjax Posts: 34
    The majority of the content being developed for New Legacy is also going to be applied to the regular shards.  So quit complaining about that please they've addressed that since day one.

And I highly doubt we see any more revamps on old artifacts now especially with the new treasure system they are using to introduce new rewards more frequently. Doom has already had multiple buff's to various artifacts (through crafting) to make it viable there is not much need to update any others with the amount of new items coming into the game now on a regular basis.
    When did they say that? I have watched the streams/read everything multiple times, never have I heard that it is being applied to the regular shards.  They have said that there will be some QoL/ system enhancements but that tells us nothing about what it is. 

Secondly, not complaining or trying to argue, I am asking what is the plan B when they have spent countless hours/funds/etc on this project and it doesn't work?  Has happened to many games...

Through crafting with doom artifacts there are what 4 artifacts in doom that are used in the recipes..there are another 23 or something that aren't or rarely used (until replaced by some other random loot) ... an artifact drop is supposed to be exciting / potential game changer for you whether you use it or sell it... not something that is potentially thrown on the ground or immediately gone to the trash... 

I don't see how or why my questions are considered complaining? 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    The natives are getting angry so lets throw something together and give just a two day notice.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    They said a long time ago that if anything actually looked like it worked it would be put on the regular shards.  First read that over a year ago I think.  Don’t think they have said it lately so it’s quite possible you would not have read that. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    While I would love to see something like new Doom recipes to use junk items (like voice of the fallen king which is actually weaker than an imbued gorget), I think the Devs have already said that it's much more work to do this (via updating drop table / crafting  screens / etc) than to simply add something new via Treasures Of reward menu.

I can see the confusion on the NL items because to @Arnold7 point; they weren't very definitive on what exactly would be transferred over from NL so while something could potentially transfer over, it's not necessarily be a 1:1. That said, something could potentially transfer over that was useful on NL but might be junk on Prod shards... still too early to really know.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Share your concerns about NL and production shards.  But, with so many unknowns, who knows.  Just have to wait and see. Sorry.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    Garetjax said:

If must be about NL : 
    What is being worked on the regular shards for the people that aren't interested in the new shard 

“This is not a question about NL”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    If you read the announcement properly it does say:

where we’ll talk about what’s next for Ultima Online: Live and Ultima Online: New Legacy!

So it's not JUST about NL, feel free to ask any question you desire.

I am looking forward to it, it's always nice to see what the team has been up to and I hope there are some major updates they can give us a peak at from NL, I am really looking forward to that!

• DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    Bilbo said:
    The natives are getting angry so lets throw something together and give just a two day notice.
    Don't use natives it is  Offensive. 
    Danpal said:
    Bilbo said:
    LMAO
    edited June 2021
    @Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna What pets are we looking at?  Please say you are doing away with the Control Slot for this, lets really step back in time where we could have as many pets as we could control. I want to see 1 tamer walking his/her 5 dragons around.  What land masses are we looking at?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Danpal said:
    Bilbo said:
    Native Texan here. Many bumper stickers say that.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I didn't watch the whole show but am happy about provo and guess we don't have to email @Mesanna anymore! New pet skins sound fun !
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    I lost connection took a good 10 minutes for the internet to get back.  So I miss some stuff

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Drakelord said:
    I lost connection took a good 10 minutes for the internet to get back.  So I miss some stuff

It's still there on YouTube 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way...