Can someone explain these CU Sidhe Regens ?

13»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Yup have to choose focus or med with suit that fits.  Med for medable suit.  Focus for non medable to get the 55LMC.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited June 2021
    Pawain said:
    Yup have to choose focus or med with suit that fits.  Med for medable suit.  Focus for non medable to get the 55LMC.
    So I should go 100 focus only with the Studded non Mage suit. Anything else, what the other person said makes no sense.
    Gwen said:
    Bilbo said:
    My suit right now is 150 Int  224 mana  31 MR  120 LRC  55 LMC  Working on building others.
    100 med  100 Focus  100 Mage  (85/85/70)
    120 music/peace/prove/discord REAL
    All 70s suit
    100 med + 150 INT  and 55 LMC (real overcapped LMC with bone/stone )  cannot work together. So you have wasted 100 points. + your INT points. 
    You better try to use them with them otherwise. Or have only 40 LMC with leather/cloth or mage  armor. . 
    Replacing MED withResist  will help you sing when mana-drained. Or increase your magery up to 120.

You have also more LRC than needed. So you have room to squeeze more skills / stats. 
    I understand the Med so I will drop it but I have zero clue about the 150 Int, so how do I get 224 Mana without all the Int.  My LMC is with Studded.  The 120 LRC is from Legendary suit pieces so no they will not get replaced.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited June 2021
    @Bilbo

I was confused by Gwen's comments as well, but I don't think that was her intent. Gwen's primary language doesn't seem to be English.

I believe what she meant is that since you're running 55LMC, which you can only get with non-medable gear, Meditation is severely restricted. Or use Meditation, but switch to medable gear with 40LMC. At least, I think that's what she meant.

As Pawain said:
    Non-medable gear - Focus
    Medable gear - Meditation or Meditation & Focus

Your bard template is going to be just as situational as a fighters. What songs are you running, how long do you want them to run, how many are in the party, etc. I have bards with Focus, I have bards with Meditation, I have a bard with both Focus and Meditation.

Good luck!
    -Arroth
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    This forum needs 3 things 
    1.an ignore function 
    2. A built in translator 
    3.like button 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Its pretty easy to get 150 Intel and 125 str on a mage.  You need no dex.

Most bone and studded come with mage armor on it if they are mystic of wizardry.

I prefer meditation on mages so I can meditate if needed.  But I rarely do and when I try it usually fails because I am in battle.
    I'm a mystic/bard
    Provo
    Disco
    Music
    Med
    Mystic 
    Focus 
    I dropped peace long ago if you are not running the mastery for it mass sleep so much better 
    My suit all 70 of course 
    40 lmc 
    30 man regen 
    Well over 150 int with 244 mana i can run both inspire and invigorate endlessly even with large parties i don't cast a lot so dependent on provo and RCs
    McDougle said:
    I'm a mystic/bard
    Provo
    Disco
    Music
    Med
    Mystic 
    Focus 
    I dropped peace long ago if you are not running the mastery for it mass sleep so much better 
    My suit all 70 of course 
    40 lmc 
    30 man regen 
    Well over 150 int with 244 mana i can run both inspire and invigorate endlessly even with large parties i don't cast a lot so dependent on provo and RCs
    TY I removed the Mage Armor from the Studded pieces because of the advice I got from another Bard to get the 55LMC.  I have fully medable suits with the high Int/Mana 40 LMC.  So which is better the 55LMC or the 40LMC, all are 70s suits with high MR.

I thought that the strength of a bard song was directly related the the number of bardic skills you have and at what skill level they are.  Wouldn't your Provo or Discord song be more powerful if you had 120 Peace also?
    Well 55 lmc is better but meditation is far better than focus for mana regeneration i keep mystic as im stone form with mastery running i am very hard to kill and cleaning winds hands down the best healing skill i haven't noticed any different in buffs without having peace and i have had this build forever 

edited June 2021
    i tested with and without peace stayed the same 

Now i run provo mastery because it is what my guildies love i would run peace if i had my way because the regens are stupid good 
    Yes he will not do the max on his songs but 80 or more % values are not bad for getting to have other skills.

You took off mage armor so you made that decision.  Too late to go back to mage armor.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited June 2021

Musicianship, Discordance, Peacemaking, and Provocation at real skill 120 provides the above buffs. 
    -Arroth
    The only bug is the Resilience does not give the poison resistance to party members, not sure about the duration reductions.

If you have a suit that gives you max values, Inspire does not help you. Unless a mage is receiving.
    I run invigorate on my melee toons and both peace songs with my pets or archers.

Those 2 Peace songs work great on my archer bards against the normal Balrons.
    Pawain said:
    Yes he will not do the max on his songs but 80 or more % values are not bad for getting to have other skills.

You took off mage armor so you made that decision.  Too late to go back to mage armor.
    I have another suit that is medable with 40LMC so would it be better with the 40LMC Med and Focus or the 55LMC with Focus only?
    edited June 2021
    Here is a calculator to check.  I don't see any reason to have Med and focus when you can get one at max regen.  You can put on a skill that is more beneficial.

https://www.knuckleheads.dk/manaregen.php
    TY @Pawain

So running a total support Bard with my Tamer besides the 120 Bard skills Magery/Med or Magery/Focus depending which suit I wear What other skills are support bards using, Weave or Mystic
    ok Mystic uses focus or imbuing   Weaving uses Focus from the circle no extra skill.
    TY @Pawain ; Much to think about but thinking along the line of Chiv/Mystic/Bard with Focus and the Studded suit.
    Bilbo said:
    TY @ Pawain  Much to think about but thinking along the line of Chiv/Mystic/Bard with Focus and the Studded suit.
    Why chiv as well ?
    McDougle said:
    Bilbo said:
    TY @ Pawain  Much to think about but thinking along the line of Chiv/Mystic/Bard with Focus and the Studded suit.
    Why chiv as well ?
    Just enough for travel
    Bilbo said:
    McDougle said:
    Bilbo said:
    Why chiv as well ?
    Just enough for travel
    Ugh yes it drives crazy how incomplete some schools of magic are because gargoyles needed to travel or rez each other my mystic/bard just uses recall scrolls 
    McDougle said:
    Bilbo said:
    McDougle said:
    Bilbo said:
    Why chiv as well ?
    Just enough for travel
    Ugh yes it drives crazy how incomplete some schools of magic are because gargoyles needed to travel or rez each other my mystic/bard just uses recall scrolls 
    I was also considering a Runic atlas to go to bank/home and just make others open a gate for me to travel with them.  Chiv is still questionable, doesnt take much just to travel.