Reducing effects of feeblemind, weaken and clumsy spells cast on your character.JetBlue

So whenever I get into a fight with a lich or any other caster I get hit immediately with one or more of these spells.  Can I reduce their effect on me by wearing things that raise my level in the areas they affect over the maximum.

For example, feeblemind reduces my intelligence.  As a mage I have my intelligence maxed out at 150 (125 from my stats + 25 from items worn).  But the actual intelligence on the items I wear exceeds 25.  Does this excess intelligence reduce the affect of feeblemind spells cast on me?  For example, if the intelligence on items i wear adds up to 35 will the extra 10 points of intelligence make a difference when feeble mind is cast on me?

Thanks

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Sorry don’t know where the JetBlue came from but like it.  Maybe you will see this character in the future.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Resisting spells helps shorten the time but just accept you're gonna be cursed etc all the time and you'll be fine 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    You can eat enchanted apples to immediately clear the debuff, too.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    I carry apples and petals even tho I have chiv.  Apples are quick.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "yes, overcapping your str/dex/int will counter feeblemind/weaken/clumsy"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited June 2021
    Yoshi said:
    "yes, overcapping your str/dex/int will counter feeblemind/weaken/clumsy"
    Ya because thats so easy to do.  Oh wait he is a mage.  Who cares if you have debuffs.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    The mage does.  You run out of mana fast when you need it most.  Eight circle spells may fizzle although the running out of mana seems to be the biggest problem.  Weaken can make you lose parts of your armor or at least limit what you can use since mages are not the strongest players.
    Then eat apples as needed.