Ultima Mapper Question

I installed Ultima Mapper. I am having an issue where it does not seem to want to stay on Trammel Facet and goes black and goes to Malas Facet when I am trying to navigate in a boat. I can stop the boat and reset the Current facet but when I move it goes black and goes to Malas Facet. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions?
ICQ 568300481

Comments

• MadMartyrMadMartyr Posts: 61
    This is due to UOA not sending an initial Facet update. Going through a moongate corrects the issue.

Mapper handles this the same way UOAM and UOCart have, by caching your characters' last known facet, and using that each time.
    UWF Emissary
    Developer of Ultima Mapper
    Also, as an aside, make sure that you have View > Center on Character selected. That can cause a black display when switching facets.
    UWF Emissary
  • RubyKnightRubyKnight Posts: 192
    Thanks!

ICQ 568300481
    edited April 2018
    Happy to help. Feel free to PM me if you need further assistance.
    UWF Emissary
  • HonkwompHonkwomp Posts: 44
    edited April 2018
    Thanks for the advice on this issue.  It was what made my finally give up on Mapper and go back to UOAM.  I never did get any mapper to work the the enhanced client.

And while we are here, does Mapper have a labels file?  I really love that with UOAM   Some folks might have all the city buildings memorized but not me
    Mapper calls them Markers, and they are accessible via the "Markers" menu. There are quite a number of them, and you can use the Select item under Markers to choose which you wish to display on the map.
    UWF Emissary
  • HonkwompHonkwomp Posts: 44
    What I mean was, is there a file that defines all the buildings for you like in UOAM where you can look at the city map and see what the building is, like bank, mages etc
    I guess I don't understand what you're asking. Yes, you can view markers on the map for all of those buildings by selecting the categories you wish to view in Markers > Select.  The actual marker data is stored in Documents/Ultima Mapper/Markers in XML format.
    UWF Emissary