Wildfire Ostard ¿a big NO?

Hello :)

So, we have a new pet That's ok. However, with the info provided you-know-where (i am not sure if we can share external links here) i got this:

I havent added Base Damage cost.

Well... 200 points for a pet like that, with 50/60 points before scrolling... is a big NO.

Can anyone check this and tell me that i am wrong? Thanks

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    They are very tricky to build with leaving them with magery or going AI/Chiv.

They are on Test Center so they are not a secret.

I made a thread on how you can put AI/Chiv on the most effective way and have 120 scrolls.

https://community.stratics.com/threads/wildfire-ostard-ai-chiv.422459/

The only thing Kyronix could have done was either get rid of the natural magery or force them to start at 3 slot, Like banes do.  He chose to stay in limits and leave the magery.  We got what we got and you have to either put out 1.5 Plat for a Bane or go with a Bane Lite.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited June 2021
    Why would you put AI/Chiv on it anyway

Remember its a pvp pet, meant as an alternative to the Bane dragon so its afordable for all

anyway, all kill no skill
  • RintarRintar Posts: 38
    edited June 2021
    Pawain said:
    They are very tricky to build with leaving them with magery or going AI/Chiv.

They are on Test Center so they are not a secret.

I made a thread on how you can put AI/Chiv on the most effective way and have 120 scrolls.

https://community.stratics.com/threads/wildfire-ostard-ai-chiv.422459/

The only thing Kyronix could have done was either get rid of the natural magery or force them to start at 3 slot, Like banes do.  He chose to stay in limits and leave the magery.  We got what we got and you have to either put out 1.5 Plat for a Bane or go with a Bane Lite.

First Pawain, thanks for reading my post and take your time for give us info about the new pet. I got lot of your post in my bookmarks for taming (huge thanks for them).

As u said in your post at Stratics: "...But he wanted a Bane copy..."

I am a 'new' player (i started a year ago) i ve never seen a bane dragon in my shard (Europa) just read about them, i know they are quite expensive (no idea why and i dont care tbh, if they are good for pvpers is okey but i am a pvmer player).

From my pow; if devs wanna give us a bane dragon again... Give us a bane dragon, no the scrawny cousin of a bane dragon. I mean... there was no point in bringing an old creature dressed up as 'new'. Sorry, i am new, no stupid.

Most important: Where is the creativity for new pets or design new graphics for pets people asked like ridable Ossein ram ? (just an example). I dont know but it could be nice have pets like griffins, chimeras,...

P.S: i am not native english speaker sorry, maybe i am not writing properly ;)

psycho said:

Remember its a pvp pet, meant as an alternative to the Bane dragon so its afordable for all

Such a smooth talker.  Why would you PvP.

Dungeon is on Lets go kill stuff!  
  • RintarRintar Posts: 38
    psycho said:

Pyscho (¿Tacos?) Well, i am not pvper and i dont mind have new pets ( i have all magery types pet; spellweaving, mysty, magery, necro, disco...) no only Chiv/AI pets.

Could be a good pet for pvpv? Okey but give us other pet then or options for developing this pet for pvm and no always a Cu-Chiv/Ai copy pet. Thats all.
    Rintar said:
    psycho said:

Pyscho (¿Tacos?) Well, i am not pvper and i dont mind have new pets ( i have all magery types pet; spellweaving, mysty, magery, necro, disco...) no only Chiv/AI pets.

Could be a good pet for pvpv? Okey but give us other pet then or options for developing this pet for pvm and no always a Cu-Chiv/Ai copy pet. Thats all.
    It has the ability to get any magic.  Open in Tokuno and can get Bush or Ninja. Just replace with what you like.

Try an AI/Chiv pet you wont go back to magery.
  • Does it have much purpose as a practical PvM pet if it requires blackrock stew every hour or two? 

Genuinely asking as i'm not sure how much difference there is between the powered and unpowered version.
    It needs stew once a day.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    psycho said:

Says who? I am not aware they started dividing pets into PvP and PvE. Anyway, the Bane is one of the best if not the best PvE pets out there.
    Either way, PvPers will drop plat to get a 0.01% improvement. So, getting a gimpy version of the Bane will do absolutely nothing to relieve the demand on Banes. Any PvPer that can afford one, will be bidding for one any time one is for sale. And the ones that had to settle for the ostard will still complain that new players can't get a Bane and are disadvantaged in PvP.
  • Pawain said:
    Mine had a message that it was no longer powerful after 2-3 hours while half that time was spent bank sitting
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Pawain said:
    Mine had a message that it was no longer powerful after 2-3 hours while half that time was spent bank sitting
    It's not on a timer. It has a pool of "special" mana that it uses for it. It does not regen on it's own, only from stew. So, how often you have to feed depends on how much it uses the poison ability. I am not sure if the number of affected mobs plays a role like with life leech.
  • ProtectorProtector Posts: 14
    The discussion seems to be exhausted, but let me write it.
    It's unavoidable that BaneDragon will not be available in the future, but what will happen if you distribute pets that have the same ability to the inconvenience and differ in appearance (and it takes a lot of time and effort!)?
    Can you at least give me something that isn't a BlackRock stew (which is very cumbersome to create) and let me restore my reflex poisoning ability?
    English is not my mother tongue, so thank you.