Tips for Treasures of Wildfire

PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
edited June 2021 in General Discussions
https://www.uoguide.com/Fire_Dungeon
https://www.uoguide.com/Fire_Dungeon

The normal Mobs are there, but I did not see any Fire Steeds. Things are in their normal places.

They added Balrons and Succubus. They are Demons. Those are scattered around.

Most mobs fit in the flame or mage category.

Balrons and Succubus:

Both are Demons
Both have low energy and low cold
A cold or energy Demon slayer weapon is best.
Cu does Energy and cold damage. Best pet fit for those.

Other "tough" things:

Para Lich Lord
Fire Undead slayer

Para Efreet
Cold Elemental slayer

Para Daemon
Lowest in poison  But also low in Energy and cold
Demon slayer

So mark runes before the event comes to your shard.

Find your flame and mage slayer talismans and books.

Make Cold weapons,  Demon slayer and Elemental if the Efreet is a pain.
(your energy demon slayers will work.)

Have your Elemental, Undead and Demon Cameos ready.

I am going to carry a cold weapon and a few talis.

I'll change to energy demon slayer as needed

I'll change to the undead fire weapon if I go for lichs.

So Energy spells for mages in general. Fire for the Lichs
Tamers take a pet that does Energy or cold damage or Both like a Cu Sidhe does.

Have fun!
Waves to @Cinderella

@Kyronix ;  The spawn rate is way too low.  3 good players can keep a floor clear.
Para Balrons are stuck on the roof due South of entry.
NPC prices are too high
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    edited June 2021
    Depending on how busy your shard is:

You can find corners that have single type Mobs and you could just sit there and kill those if they respawn fast enough.
    Remember you get diminishing returns for rewards if you kill the same mob over and over.
    So mix a new type in.

There are places for all level players and any template that can kill will be able to kill stuff.

On LS feel free to take the paragons to the front entry.  One of my tamers will kill them.
    (holler in chat so I know)
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Did they enable any PvP by making artifacts cursed?
    Or it’s strictly PvM only and they are insurable?”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I was wondering who I was talking too.
    lol

when I first got there, people said they were getting drops already.
    but none of them were showing the Treasures of tag yet.
    there was a fire steed in there, but I'm guessing as soon as it died,
    everything started getting the "Treasure" tag

I did manage to get to the next level, but got turned around lol
    @Kyronix

Some feedback.  The Balrons and Succubus adding was good.  They are tough for 1 on 1 in paragon form for melee toons.  I have never attempted one with my archer.  They are fine for tamers.

I actually send returning melee toons to Chaos Balrons and tell them to call me when paragons appear.  When they are good enough to kill the Para Balrons they can move to anything the game has.

The only negative feedback I have is the prices are too high and there is not fast enough re spawn or not enough mobs in general.

Also all shards want Fel activated. Either that or none get it and fix the tram spawn.  We all know the lack of spawn is why Fel has been active on Atlantic.
  • Pawain said:
    @ Kyronix

Either that or none get it and fix the tram spawn.  We all know the lack of spawn is why Fel has been active on Atlantic.
    Nah, lack of players is why other Shards don't get it.  Damn easy to take over a fel spawn on the other Shards, so they're getting ahead of the dead server free farm fest.  Atlantic is going to be a blood bath.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Pawain said:
    @ Kyronix

Some feedback.  The Balrons and Succubus adding was good.  They are tough for 1 on 1 in paragon form for melee toons.  I have never attempted one with my archer.  They are fine for tamers.

I actually send returning melee toons to Chaos Balrons and tell them to call me when paragons appear.  When they are good enough to kill the Para Balrons they can move to anything the game has.

The only negative feedback I have is the prices are too high and there is not fast enough re spawn or not enough mobs in general.

Also all shards want Fel activated. Either that or none get it and fix the tram spawn.  We all know the lack of spawn is why Fel has been active on Atlantic.
    We can adjust the mob density on the fly.  For Atlantic it's already been adjusted up pre-emptively.  Watching Origin, I haven't seen the spawn overrun or dominated yet. 
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    Personally I dont see any need to activate the feluca side for dynamic event.
    Only reason would be if tram is totally overcrowded, but on most shards it will probably be fine with one facet event.

Sure it would be a pvp reason, but there are other objectives in pvp than to hit an innocent pvm farmer. I think opening for felucca facet on all shards will also open for other negative consequences. The GMs must act actively and observant, even at odd times such as night, morning etc. The event items are always wanted as they are limited by time.
    Kyronix said:
    Pawain said:
    @ Kyronix

We can adjust the mob density on the fly.  For Atlantic it's already been adjusted up pre-emptively.  Watching Origin, I haven't seen the spawn overrun or dominated yet. 
    Thanks.  Ill let you know how it goes on LS.  We have a lot of tamers on LS and have been looking forward to this.  It will be busy there. Origin is not a very crowded place and a lot of those players are not finished templates because like me, they came from other shards with what they had there.

Ill post in the bugs forum if we run out of Spawn.  Thanks for looking in on us.  Yall made a lot of nice rewards for this. We will be having lots of fun.

Would be nice to get the potion in the store.  Or have a weekend or two where we all get drops equal to having the potion.
    edited June 2021
    They added Firesteeds:

Flame Slayer
    Lowest in cold resist
    But they are only high in Fire resist.

Their Dragon breath may cause some deaths.
    They are the only equine without Natural Magery.  So if they are at a distance you are daring them to use the Dragon Breath.
    If they are being a problem, let them use their mana and go in for the kill.

If they are tamable they keep that special name tag.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    more importantly why cant i ride my frost mite?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited June 2021
    Kyronix said:

I think we need to define our terms here. What is your definition of "dominated".

Yesterday with the spawn how it was, a single target pet was averaging 4-5 drops an hour in the trammel spawn. Taking in the cost of the items currently, it would take 40-50 hours for that character/player to get a ostard, not to mention anything else they might want. Much of the time is spent running between a couple of mobs.  A couple of characters can keep the spawn cleared on the trammel side.

The Trammel spawn rate, even for Origin needs to be increased.  Players need to feel like the time they invest is meaningful.

Using a single underplayed server where many people are using undergeared/spec'd characters to gather data for the rest of the shards is flawed. If Felucca is going to be active on ANY shard, Trammel should have increased spawn to compensate.  
    @Violet - just to be clear we can't increase the spawn rate.  The spawner works by working as fast as it can to keep up with a set maximum number of mobs in the spawn region.  All dynamic Treasures events already have that cap raised, and we can adjust it accordingly based on what's happening on each shard.  After watching yesterday I didn't see a point where any single player was looking for additional mobs, they had a constant stream of stuff to kill.  Granted I wasn't watching 24/7 but spent a fair amount of time observing. 

Also not sure where you got the idea that we are using Origin as a barometer for the other shards, but we can tweak them individually.  What we're not going to do is just arbitrarily crank up everything to 11 just because.  We will observe, digest feedback, and adjust spawn caps accordingly based on performance and engagement.

Right now we are looking at too scenarios - one where we have Felucca open on every shard, and another where we put it on select shards.  The downside to putting Felucca on every shard is almost immediately concerns of farming are raised.  This is somewhat stifled by Shard Bounding rewards and other mechanics we have in place, but it's still the biggest concern raised during these events with regard to Felucca.  We look forward to further feedback.

edited June 2021
    “When you opened the spawn in fel for deceit on Atlantic, all that happened was the champ was mined by about 20 sampires 24/7. 
    Because the artis were not cursed.
    People had no reason to pvp other than boredom, as there was no advantage in killing people since you couldn’t loot the auto insured artis 
    , was more productive to kill the spawn over other players.
    and now the same thing will happen as again the Artis are apparently not cursed or even Prized.

if Artis aren’t cursed, may as well just let people farm them on dead shards, no different to farming on live shards. No risk/reward system in place if there is no risk”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    @Yoshi - not opposed to them being cursed in Fel - however, that change would be part of a publish later in the season.
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    Kyronix said:
    @ Violet - just to be clear we can't increase the spawn rate.  The spawner works by working as fast as it can to keep up with a set maximum number of mobs in the spawn region.  All dynamic Treasures events already have that cap raised, and we can adjust it accordingly based on what's happening on each shard.  After watching yesterday I didn't see a point where any single player was looking for additional mobs, they had a constant stream of stuff to kill.  Granted I wasn't watching 24/7 but spent a fair amount of time observing. 

Also not sure where you got the idea that we are using Origin as a barometer for the other shards, but we can tweak them individually.  What we're not going to do is just arbitrarily crank up everything to 11 just because.  We will observe, digest feedback, and adjust spawn caps accordingly based on performance and engagement.

Right now we are looking at too scenarios - one where we have Felucca open on every shard, and another where we put it on select shards.  The downside to putting Felucca on every shard is almost immediately concerns of farming are raised.  This is somewhat stifled by Shard Bounding rewards and other mechanics we have in place, but it's still the biggest concern raised during these events with regard to Felucca.  We look forward to further feedback.

The concern stems primarily from experience with previous Treasures events (mainly Deceit). 

When there are highly desirable items available and the potential to make money from them, it tends to bring out the worst in people.

Botting, scripting, mob trains, griefing, etc. 

Maybe it's the nature of Fire Dungeon and how big it is on the first floor that makes the density seem particularly sparse.

I was on Origin this morning for about an hour on the second floor, pretty much by myself. There were some areas where the spawn had a tendency to cluster, but it was still fairly spread out for the most part.

At one point another sampire came down to level 2 and it was immediately noticeable as I had to run around much more to find mobs.

Add several more people to the floor and you will have severe issues with spawn rate. Granted I don't know what rate Origin was set to this morning, maybe it was pretty low still.

But that leads to the issue of participation fluctuating throughout the day. If the values have to be tweaked manually, it seems very taxing on you to have to constantly monitor that, or wait for complaints on the forums.

What may be an OK density at one point in the day, could very well be dogs fighting for scraps at another point. We saw it with Deceit. But at least with Deceit it had many levels for the spawn to occupy.

Given my experience on Origin, getting about 6 drops in an hour with a floor to myself is very demoralizing when you figure you need to spend 6 hours per day for the entirety of the event to get all the items and set pieces you want.

The potion helps, assuming it will be back in the store, and I the cost reduction of items is much appreciated.

I know you don't want people to spend an hour at the event and walk out with 100 items each, but at the same time not everyone will have the time to acquire what they want from the event.

You will always have the "go hard or go home" crowd that farm the ever loving crap out of content. I feel there can be a balance between that crowd and the casual players that don't have the time to get 2000 drops.

The fel or no fel decision I get. Without fel, trammel is guaranteed to be over crowded on most shards. With fel active, it will lighten the load on trammel, but will increase the amount of drops gained on each server. Is that really a bad thing though? The rewards should be accessible and not needlessly grindy.

https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Violet said:
    Kyronix said:

I think we need to define our terms here. What is your definition of "dominated".

Yesterday with the spawn how it was, a single target pet was averaging 4-5 drops an hour in the trammel spawn. Taking in the cost of the items currently, it would take 40-50 hours for that character/player to get a ostard, not to mention anything else they might want. Much of the time is spent running between a couple of mobs.  A couple of characters can keep the spawn cleared on the trammel side.

The Trammel spawn rate, even for Origin needs to be increased.  Players need to feel like the time they invest is meaningful.

Using a single underplayed server where many people are using undergeared/spec'd characters to gather data for the rest of the shards is flawed. If Felucca is going to be active on ANY shard, Trammel should have increased spawn to compensate.  
    I do not think that the Developers need to adjust the Spawn to the higher end players.

On the contrary, the Spawn needs to be adjusted to AVERAGE players.

If they fine tuned the spawn to the best geared players or top pets, then the other players with lesser gear or lesser pets would be in serious trouble......

Game Design as to always be fined tune to the average player, not the best ones, me thinks.
    Yoshi said:
    “When you opened the spawn in fel for deceit on Atlantic, all that happened was the champ was mined by about 20 sampires 24/7. 
    People had no reason to pvp other than boredom, as there was no advantage in killing people since you couldn’t loot the auto insured artis 
    and now the same thing will happen as again the Artis are apparently not cursed or even Prized.

if Artis aren’t cursed, may as well just let people farm them on dead shards, no different to farming on live shards. No risk/reward system in place if there is no risk”

What are these Artifacts being mentioned here ?

And do they drop in one's own backpack or on the corpse of some Monster as loot (which one ?).

Do they spawn(drop only in Felucca, or also in Trammel ?

Thanks for the info.
  • DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    Kyronix said:
    @ Yoshi - not opposed to them being cursed in Fel - however, that change would be part of a publish later in the season.
    They Screw the other shards by not having it on Fel then they open it to 3 shards, items only sell on Atl, the Tram side is going to be full of blues like ice was, that 5 person scripter team will have the best spots to them self's,

Fel ice event was dead most times reason was no one was going there but a few of us where. Reds could not get the items off us so they stayed away. Now if there cursed reds will be out there in droves witch will bring everyone back to Tram. Tram side will get to busy like ice did so no one but the scripters running 5 accounts blue and 5 accounts auto kill archer bots will get the drops.

@Yoshi you only want them cursed so you can come in after a blue farmed them for hours and kill him or steal them off him because you don't want to do the work your self.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    Yoshi said:

The whole "Dead Shard" comment, really only works for items that can be transferred.
    Those items become a part of the game-wide market, as opposed to a single shard's market where the items are only usable on the shard it was created on.

"Shard-bound" is enough to eliminate the reason for people to farm rewards on 'dead shards'. -beyond which rewards they might want for their own chars, anyway.  

Leaving only things that can be Transferred, which would only be the Ostard, that's if patch notes are accurate when they say "All rewards are shard-bound".    I'm sure 'shard-bound' doesn't include the ostard statue, even more sure it's not shard-bound once it's been claimed from the statue.

If it's the Power-scrolls you're worried about, change the champ spawn boss affected by the event to drop up to turn-in items (1 for each player with looting rights) instead of power-scrolls for the duration of the event.     -if you want powerscrolls do spawns else where in fel.

I kinda like the idea of the turn-in items being "cursed", but i guess you won't get any useful ones if they're all cursed, specifically for pvp reasons. (wouldn't matter in tram)

-a guildy of mine got a pretty decent bokuto from the "of Deceit" (shard-bound) event. if it were cursed... well it would just have been another turn-in point.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Balin_WingnutBalin_Wingnut Posts: 43
    edited June 2021
    Danpal said:
    Kyronix said:
    @ Yoshi - not opposed to them being cursed in Fel - however, that change would be part of a publish later in the season.
    They Screw the other shards by not having it on Fel then they open it to 3 shards, items only sell on Atl, the Tram side is going to be full of blues like ice was, that 5 person scripter team will have the best spots to them self's,

Fel ice event was dead most times reason was no one was going there but a few of us where. Reds could not get the items off us so they stayed away. Now if there cursed reds will be out there in droves witch will bring everyone back to Tram. Tram side will get to busy like ice did so no one but the scripters running 5 accounts blue and 5 accounts auto kill archer bots will get the drops.

@ Yoshi you only want them cursed so you can come in after a blue farmed them for hours and kill him or steal them off him because you don't want to do the work your self.

Dan, there's no such thing as a 5-man auto kill archer scripter. The second more than 1 person invades the area that would be worthless. 

Also, the ENTIRE point of having cursed artifacts in fel is to provide a place for meaningful pvp. Where pvp guilds can takeover the dungeon or parts of and farm it or random reds can go and kill  the people farming to take the artifacts. You are blaming yoshi for the exact point of it. Its not to give non-pvper's and bard templates another place to farm. Its to give pvp guilds and murderers a place to farm and kill each other. If the artifacts aren't cursed the whole thing becomes pointless.

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited June 2021
    Kyronix said:

Hi @Kyronix, I'm going to put a different point of view again, just to ask.

What is wrong with farming (in a limited time event - that is exactly what we are all trying to do anyway) - it shows enthusiasm for the publish, they can put in the work others cannot, and it makes the game active.

If you put it in Felucca, it is Trammel that gets farmed anyway? Since players cannot touch the players in Trammel, that is where it is safe to farm. If you have activity in Felucca, it can lead to all sorts of things, basically people playing the game, and having fun, which is the entire point.

edited June 2021
    I think without too much discussion about the spawnrate we have to remember what made the ToT (Tokuno) successfull in the first place. The chance to get a luck mempo or other usefull item on the spot anywhere, anytime. Now with the new dynamic event this has been reduced to "collect x amount of artis so I can trade with the other item I really want"  and its all about how many miniartis can I pull pr hour.

One of the things that really got me demoralized from the deceit event was getting 4-5 artis an hour.  Then I ate a potion from UOstore and got 15-20pr hour.  When an arty cost around 100mini artis it just took forever  (you cant keep buying potions all the time right, its just too expensive)

I think for the next dynamic-event, a boost to morale would be the chance of getting a major artifact anywhere, anytime withouth the need for exchange x miniartis at NPC.  Even if the percentage is very very small, it is encouraging to hunt as you never know when one will drop.

The spawnrate is hard to adjust, a sampire will do like a champ spawn and want 100s of mobs, while a tamer with a pet can only do 1 at the time. Spawnrate also depends on time of day and amount of players. This is why the Tokuno event was best because the respawn was natural and already tweaked from years back.  (although I do understand the problems it created, and the new dynamic event solves however also creates the negative sideeffect such as the never ending adjustment of spawnrate on each indicidual shard)

A sideeffect on spawnrate is also the fact that people play several shards. Once they done getting the artis they want on one shard they jump over to another to get one there too. And another side effect is the players who dont even play the shard they just jump there to farm items so they can sell it for gold, because its easier to farm on a shard with less players, which creates an unatural shard population. (Yes I see the pop up at every dynamic event, just like the EM events) The items cant be transfered, but the gold can.

I think most of these problems is created because the event is limited by time. The less time the more money to be made.
    If just everyone knew the event would last forever theres no rush to get the items and it would also compete versust long term content like roof, doom, pirates, champ spawns, peerless bosses etc. People would then decide for themselves how much time to put in and when, so it doesnt become a marathon sprint everytime theres a dynamic event.

Morning Psycho :)

I'm one of these 4-5 drops per hour players, you know I am. I did not mind so much - I still got 800 drops, my boys helped me, we were able to set a target and go for it, I enjoyed it, if you want something you go for it. In Ice - I was not so bothered.

I know people who bought potions got more, but I did not mind that, that was their choice, I never did. I never like seeing Sampires destroying entire dungeons, when I'm on a mage, or thrower - that did wind me up.

Nice idea about getting the main drop as a rare random drop.

The only reason I play 2 shards maybe, is because they are shard bound, so If a character wants something, I have to go to 2 shards. Also yes, IF I ever got to a situation where I could farm extra, I would do it on Atlantic, never got to that situation.

I personally like the limited by time aspect, it makes it more of a rush, I like that aspect of it. It makes you have to play if you want something. You have to take part.

psycho said:
    I think without too much discussion about the spawnrate we have to remember what made the ToT (Tokuno) successfull in the first place. The chance to get a luck mempo or other usefull item on the spot anywhere, anytime. Now with the new dynamic event this has been reduced to "collect x amount of artis so I can trade with the other item I really want"  and its all about how many miniartis can I pull pr hour.

One of the things that really got me demoralized from the deceit event was getting 4-5 artis an hour.  Then I ate a potion from UOstore and got 15-20pr hour.  When an arty cost around 100mini artis it just took forever  (you cant keep buying potions all the time right, its just too expensive)

I think for the next dynamic-event, a boost to morale would be the chance of getting a major artifact anywhere, anytime withouth the need for exchange x miniartis at NPC.  Even if the percentage is very very small, it is encouraging to hunt as you never know when one will drop.

The spawnrate is hard to adjust, a sampire will do like a champ spawn and want 100s of mobs, while a tamer with a pet can only do 1 at the time. Spawnrate also depends on time of day and amount of players. This is why the Tokuno event was best because the respawn was natural and already tweaked from years back.  (although I do understand the problems it created, and the new dynamic event solves however also creates the negative sideeffect such as the never ending adjustment of spawnrate on each indicidual shard)

A sideeffect on spawnrate is also the fact that people play several shards. Once they done getting the artis they want on one shard they jump over to another to get one there too. And another side effect is the players who dont even play the shard they just jump there to farm items so they can sell it for gold, because its easier to farm on a shard with less players, which creates an unatural shard population. (Yes I see the pop up at every dynamic event, just like the EM events) The items cant be transfered, but the gold can.

I think most of these problems is created because the event is limited by time. The less time the more money to be made.
    If just everyone knew the event would last forever theres no rush to get the items and it would also compete versust long term content like roof, doom, pirates, champ spawns, peerless bosses etc. People would then decide for themselves how much time to put in and when, so it doesnt become a marathon sprint everytime theres a dynamic event.

THIS , very much this.

Personally, I really HATE these time limited Events where one does not enjoy the play, because everything has to be done in a rush, trying to maximize the drops as much as possible in whatever limited one may have to log in....

I do not know others but, personally, I play to have fun and to stress OUT from real life and not have "also" a game that was to stress me on top of how much stress I may already be getting from real life...

I think that here the entire point of "what" a game is supposed to bring to a player may have been missed...

Games, I think, are played to "evade" from real life, to stress OUT from real life, not to add additional stress "on top" of whatever one may get from their real life...

I really HATE these "time limited" Events where one cannot enjoy the gameplay, because everything has to be done in a rush.....

"Just a reminder that you can get 65 arties per hour in fel:
    Speedrun Deceit arts with fortune potion - YouTube "
    edited June 2021
    Yoshi said:

This is exactly one of the problems with this dynamic event style.
    Everyonesplays sampire to get the most artis, and how many people did that guy resurect, heal or help during that one hour?  Theres no teamplay everyones just runs around trying to get as many mini artis as they can, they dont even want the mini arti itself they just want to trade it for a usefull major arti. Ontop of this what you see is sampires running around not even killing stuff just hitting stuff where other people are and they are the ones who have to finish the mob.

This because of the only thing that matters is how many mini artis can you pull an hour.

It is the most selfish class of all playstyles, running around as hyperactive rabbits stealing other peoples spawn, and why do they deserve more mini-artis than other classes? They dont and its a dynamic event-weakness.

just for the record, I do have a sampire, but that doesnt mean I like the playstyle or effectivenes.
    I think mobs should cast purge more often, that would level things out abit.

• psycho said:
    *snip*

There is someone really likeable to me :)
     My speech ;)

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

edited June 2021
    Yoshi said:

That is pretty amazing.

What I don't mind about that though, is he did it in Felucca, he has maximised his chances. He has also taken Risk.

He can still be killed btw, you may not be able to steal his drops, but you can put a massive dent in his farming ability. Ressing takes a lot of time.

The issue on Atlantic, looks like a lack of decent pvpers, to raid the dungeon. But if the pvmers, have got it to that position on their server - power to them - they are in a winning phase of Feluccan superiority, and should get to enjoy the fruits of their domination. That is what it means to win in Felucca.

Felucca is all about the story, the circle, the up's and down's, the battle between good and bad. reds blues and oranges. They are just in a winning cycle, it will continue, until someone wants to do something about it, this is a sandbox game.

To do a spawn, and farm at the same time, would be amazing, I see no issues with it. It just livens the game up, you can take it to the max in terms of gaming, fun, excitement, what you get out of it.

• Yoshi said:
    Would like to see someone get near that with this event and no lucky potion
    I don't feel so bad now. Others are getting 4 to 5 drops per hour.