wildfire ???

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited June 2021

I think the weapons being Antique is very disappointing.

I can {almost} get it maybe with the pvp bokuto…

I do not get it with the Kryss.

But - the Gargoyle Soul Glaive - that really needs to be fully repairable.

Gargoyles have a few items in that reward list - but none of them are actually usable.

2 weapons, that are Antique - an antique weapon is literally unplayable. And some Earrings - that take up a valuable slot, that is just a bonus to other races - so Gargoyles have been really shafted by this reward list.

I would really ask @kyronix - that you make the gargoyle soul glaive fully repairable, give them something nice from this reward list.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited June 2021
    @popps ; You have a real valid complaint about the prices on the items.  Get your writing materials out.

Most of the things they are trying to pass as weapons are just deco.  There is a lot of real just deco.  All of those are way too much.  None of those should be more than 25 points.

Wildfire Ostard 300 Points!!!  That should be 150.

@Kyronix need a potion in the store.  No way to get that many points on a busy taming shard like LS.  The dungeon will be packed and we will be finding 1 mob every minute.

---At least it says it lasts till 9/01/21 So two months.---  Still too pricey.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

@kyronix ;

I think these 2 together, seem very nice, thank you. :)

edited June 2021

These 2 are winners. Extra, balanced, and not OP.

{Well, the additional HCI 10 maybe OP, making the whole DCI HCI equation easier, but not outlandish}.

• KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    edited June 2021
    Danpal said:
    Pawain said:
    Danpal said:
    Items are shard bond does that mean the statue is as well?  If thats Shard bond does claiming it make the pet shard bond as well? @ Kyronix 
    Lets not give them ideas.  I doubt the pet is shard bound,  The Statue could be.

Would be a mess if things in our stable were shard bound.  Cant shard transfer with pets,  not a good idea.
    They already did that with Power Scrolls. Had book with some in it about 200 of them I found at a idoc had to place a house then take each scroll out until I found that ONE shard bond one, 
    You can take scrolls out of a book OUT of a book while in your backpack. Also, I didn't think shard bound scrolls could be added to power scroll books? When did that change?
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    edited June 2021
    There are only 2-3 items I am even interested in for this event. I lost interest in ALL of the weapons the moment I saw the word "Antique". :( @Kyronix @Bleak Who's awesome idea was that?
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    The real burning question is provo working...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • The newsletter does not speak of a "Switch on" to Drachenfels  - but to Origin - and it shows a list of the rewards that logically will be set to all other servers  -  logic or not? ..... *rolleyes*

Popps is not the only one who will complain about mechanism... others also will find out later that later  - but this people you'll never hear here because they’re too cowardly to say anything here or don’t dare  ;).

... this is Bedtime for Germans and all European folk (Danish, Swedish, Frensh, Italians, Spains and so on)  if you're not a nightowl. We have the Middle of the Night here  and - also logic - that at this time  00:27 you can shout what you want  - you'll get no answer!

But i kick your ass again if you say once more that DF is dead Pawain ;) We have another Prime Time!

So... i'm going to bed now, but I'll have a look on Origin when I wake up in the morning.

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    KHAN said:
    Danpal said:
    Pawain said:
    Danpal said:
    Items are shard bond does that mean the statue is as well?  If thats Shard bond does claiming it make the pet shard bond as well? @ Kyronix 
    Lets not give them ideas.  I doubt the pet is shard bound,  The Statue could be.

Would be a mess if things in our stable were shard bound.  Cant shard transfer with pets,  not a good idea.
    They already did that with Power Scrolls. Had book with some in it about 200 of them I found at a idoc had to place a house then take each scroll out until I found that ONE shard bond one, 
    You can take scrolls out of a book OUT of a book while in your backpack. Also, I didn't think shard bound scrolls could be added to power scroll books? When did that change?
    Was from a IDOC the book not sure how it got in there but when I went to transfer the book stoped me from doing it.  Wrose was it was a 110 something. This was before the idoc change. Since then only gotten lose PS and emptied books

Book needs to be locked down to add them back in.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    just a pic of all equip-able rewards from This event.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited June 2021
    The newsletter does not speak of a "Switch on" to Drachenfels  - but to Origin - and it shows a list of the rewards that logically will be set to all other servers  -  logic or not? ..... *rolleyes*

Popps is not the only one who will complain about mechanism... others also will find out later that later  - but this people you'll never hear here because they’re too cowardly to say anything here or don’t dare  ;).

... this is Bedtime for Germans and all European folk (Danish, Swedish, Frensh, Italians, Spains and so on)  if you're not a nightowl. We have the Middle of the Night here  and - also logic - that at this time  00:27 you can shout what you want  - you'll get no answer!

But i kick your ass again if you say once more that DF is dead Pawain ;) We have another Prime Time!

So... i'm going to bed now, but I'll have a look on Origin when I wake up in the morning.

Sorry, sounded like you were online so I checked the most logical shard for you.  Pfft 11pm is our second prime time on LS.  Vendor search tells you what shards are dead.  Do exclude fel and high to low search.  You see everything that is in tram.  Compare yours with LS.  The first many pages of yours are one guy with way too high prices.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited June 2021
    The splintering bokuto... I can get similar drops from Yomotsu which are prized or clean, some examples are below. I didn't even farm them for hours, but just spend some time searching each Elder corpse during the Yukio's earring quest run.

Its for pvp, is it not? And if so the HML 60 is quite useless. I doubt Tactics +10 is a desirable spec on weapon.

@Kyronix Antique weapons are quite useless. Its like say, hitting steel nails using a "wooden hammer"... the weapon will be worn out very quickly. All these weapons are wasting the bandwidth :D

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited June 2021
    @Mene_Drachenfels ; The first thing I said about the Dynamics spawns was  The participation reward drop is too little.

The first thing I said about the Dynamic Dungeons was there are not enough mobs to kill.

Neither of those have been addressed.  Now we on our third Dungeon not counting the test.

I have not said any of them have been difficult.  Just too difficult to get drops even when you have hours to play.
    I understand provo still broken @Kyronix why the silence?
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    @McDougle - re: Provocation, that will be addressed in a publish later this season.
    Kyronix said:
    @ McDougle - re: Provocation, that will be addressed in a publish later this season.
    @Kyronix thank you for responding any answer even if not what I wanted is very appreciated 
      Taken from another thread...
    Jepeth: Will the upcoming treasures event in the Fire Dungeon be available in both trammel and felucca on all shards?
    Mesanna: no sir
    Mesanna: Fel on a very few shard
    Jepeth: I assume Atlantic again for sure
    Mesanna: do not assume anything
    Mesanna: lol
    Jepeth: Is this something your team will be watching in the first few weeks with the potential for an expansion if neccessary?
    Mesanna: not going to tell you
    Jepeth: Alright
    Mesanna: one east, one west and one japanese
    Mesanna: thats it
    Jepeth: Aha, thank you
    Mesanna: we will not be expanding it further

-------------

I just want to express that I am INCREDIBLY disappointed with this decision. It should be in Fel on ALL shards.
       Is this really how it's going down? 

If all shards aren't getting equal content, what's the point in the rewards being shard-bound?
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • CovenantX said:
      Taken from another thread...
    Jepeth: Will the upcoming treasures event in the Fire Dungeon be available in both trammel and felucca on all shards?
    Mesanna: no sir
    Mesanna: Fel on a very few shard
    Jepeth: I assume Atlantic again for sure
    Mesanna: do not assume anything
    Mesanna: lol
    Jepeth: Is this something your team will be watching in the first few weeks with the potential for an expansion if neccessary?
    Mesanna: not going to tell you
    Jepeth: Alright
    Mesanna: one east, one west and one japanese
    Mesanna: thats it
    Jepeth: Aha, thank you
    Mesanna: we will not be expanding it further

-------------

I just want to express that I am INCREDIBLY disappointed with this decision. It should be in Fel on ALL shards.
       Is this really how it's going down? 

If all shards aren't getting equal content, what's the point in the rewards being shard-bound?
    I share the sentiment that it'll be rubbish if shards are treated differently but if shards aren't getting equal content then there's even more reason for everything to be shard bound due to different playing fields.
    edited June 2021
    I share the sentiment that it'll be rubbish if shards are treated differently but if shards aren't getting equal content then there's even more reason for everything to be shard bound due to different playing fields.
       you're right, we technically do have equal content, not equal room to experience said content.

So "Equal Content" isn't the right phrase to describe this.

items being shard bound is enough to ensure people get them where they want em most anyway.   all limiting the room the 'points' can be farmed in just makes it more difficult for people to get the rewards they want, because there's a smaller pool of mobs to kill in order to earn those points... from a temporary event nonetheless..
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    It is completely unequal to have a shard that gets Power Scrolls and drops to turn in.  And they get denser spawn.
  • Mene_DrachenfelsMene_Drachenfels Posts: 245
    edited June 2021
    Pawain said:
    @ Mene_Drachenfels  The first thing I said about the Dynamics spawns was  The participation reward drop is too little.

The first thing I said about the Dynamic Dungeons was there are not enough mobs to kill.

Neither of those have been addressed.  Now we on our third Dungeon not counting the test.

I have not said any of them have been difficult.  Just too difficult to get drops even when you have hours to play.
    Good that you've said this! I only hope your voice is loud enough for Mr. Kyronix to hear this and change/fix this with a better drop rate before the world wide start-up.

Antique weapons... here I can speak with Seth ...basically a no-go and absolutly useless for warriors. Should be a clean item without these special properties (Antique, curse, prized etc.) 

@ Kyronix You did hear what Pawain said did you? Make your people happy! :)  

Yes and the "prizes" for the rewards to my humble opinion are overheated in places. 300 drop items for this new pet is to high, and I going with Pawain here that 150 will be enough.

Please consider halving the prices for the rewards – I think that is quite sufficient under the current conditions and from the experience of the previous ToT. Or at least lower it so that you don’t have to put yourself under pressure to play this item under the current conditions. We also have a life next to UO. And it’s summer . . . .

Please list Pages of Lore by ascending number of pages – not cross beet.
    Pages should be listed as follows: 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5 – 6 – 7 – 8 - 9
    and not cross beet like now:
    1 – 5 – 9 – 3 - 4 – 8 - 6 – 2 – 7

Pages of Lore:
    The question is whether to take a new empty book – since the title here is “Magics of Wildfire. ” If this is a brand new story, please fix the Book of Lore with Holmes Abomination – it still doesn’t have a title and then remember that the new book will get the title “Magics of Wildfire” when you put the pages in.

Please add a security warning in the form of a query, if you really want to have this item – you click fast or the mouse slips – something that happened to me twice at the Treasures of Deceit – which was pretty annoying.

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

edited June 2021
    @Mene_Drachenfels All we can do is give specific feedback and explain why we think something needs changed.

I got 800 drops in Deciet.  There was actually enough mobs to do WW some times. But I patrolled 3 floors to do that.  Even the Ram room was empty for periods because we have players that love this stuff. It took me a lot of hours to get those drops.

Fire only has 2 floors and the mobs are scattered except some areas where a bunch of lesser mobs spawn. They did throw in 2 new high end Mobs but there is still not enough for a busy shard.

It seems we have 2 months for this. But, as you said it is summer and we can finally get out of the house.  There are a lot of goodies on the vendor and I want a lot of the deco:

Towel    Robe   Mask  Talisman   Idol x3  Keys x3  Rockx5   Skullx3  Table  Ringx2  Ostard x4

That adds up to more than Yukios Abacus can handle!!!!

This is going to be straight out dog eat dog work to get these things with the prices as they are.
  • Mene_DrachenfelsMene_Drachenfels Posts: 245
    edited June 2021
    I do not count my drops - I'm always happy if they were enough to fulfill my wishes. I need to stop  Treasures of Ice because because of muscle and joint pains, and my eyes starting to get so worse of a grey star. You cannot play with that pains, and the time is running because of the fixed end date. Of course I would have liked to have had full sets of armor – that was a nice color and also the talisman and the great spellbook – but the rotation was just too short for me. You can’t play with that kind of pain – at least not for hours.

We do not know if they will start this again - at the moment this items logically are no longer playable nor buyable ;). And that the reason why I say you should leave items ingame.

Oki let us concentrate to this "new" ToT now.

• psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited June 2021
    Il sumarize first here on the top before going into details below.

First of all - Origin first? I thought it was Europe/Drach first, but whatever, not important. Items will be here for a decade so doesnt matter if you got it week 1,2 or 3. Also they are shardbound so you cant xfer them.
    The price of the rewards is high. I dont know for how long this event will last but with the most expensive reward at 300 I think this will be my only reward from this event. I wont dedicate days to grinding this due to my consideration of weak rewards. Nothing really stands out, like the 10ssi robe from deceit did.
    Overall I struggle with the combination of mods on the items, is it for pvp? pvm? its definately not dedicated items to either of those as the mods are in a strange combination often covering both aspects. (thus too weak for pvp, too weak for pvm) And for suit overall there are (mostly) better items covering those slots out there already. I have to say though, some of the items would be a very good alternative a decade ago.

Theres a sticky thread ontop of the boards "What is your top 10 favorite artifacts?"  Did you guys read it? Maybe just maybe it has some ideas to what people wants.

Comments about specific items below:

Theres a couple of things I dont understand with the rewards

First of all the Antique on weapons - I dont use weapons much so whatever, but I still dont get it.
    Then you have a kryss with FC1, none in pvp will rely on the FC1 on weapon due to disarm, and due to the other mods I consider this a pvm weapon
    Splinter weapon - not desired mods for pvp, and kinda weak. and antique lol?

The mark of wildfire with 200 luck, I consider this as weak "artifact"
    You can already imbue 190luck 20lrc 8lmc on a crafted item, +other mods.  This Mark hardly beat this and its competing with the mapmaker glasses for Thunts. Then you already got the Leurocian's Mempo with higher luck.

The artisan esteem as the "combo with alchemis abomination" has 5 mods. - its weak combo
    You can roll two 1/3 15dci 7sdi 25ep jewels and still have another 6mods available for other things, so why use this combo? because its clean only? youll lose out alot of firepower for this.

The robe of the dark monk - its nice with another item with increased karma loss, however this is something you put on, use, and put back in a bag again. The other mods of 6 fireeater, 6 sdi is just not going to make it competing against the hawkwinds, although it is another alternative for in this item slot.

The bone relic talisman with "vorpal bunny summoning"  - lol? is it easter already? why make a usefull talisman for fighting then add a non-fighting mod like that? I dont get it, kinda ruins the item.

10 HCI earings, these are good. Equivalent to the mage earings with luck/sdi from yukio. Good addition although id rather want luck/hci than ninjitsu/hci.

As for the deco items its good with both usefull items and deco items. Something to collect, put at house for deco etc.  The pages of lore its good people can finalize their books, however I think all the pages clutters the reward list. Pages should have been added in another way, perhaps also with a price tag so we have a litle money drain.

One question: In the menu list of artifacts some of them does not say "shard bound", but they still are shard bound right?  You might want to fix that before going global.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited June 2021
    "i disagree that the items are weak, the 200 luck hat, i know anyone with a lucksuit will strive to get even though it is only 10 luck more, the 10HCI earrings are in extremely high demand. 

I would be interested to know if some of the other items have uses, perhaps the lucky abomination skull for 150 points works like a luck statue but better?

I however agree about the antique weapons, especially with splintering, i'm not sure i would even want the weapons even if they were not antique"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited June 2021

Hi Psycho,

Couple of comments, I get what you are saying on most.

The Weapons being antique, yes, I completely don't understand. Maybe for a pvp bokuto with splintering, but even that, is very weak compared to your average pvp bokuto. The flame slayer kryss, that can only be for pvm, it does have some weird stats, and there is no reason why that cannot be fully repairable, to be a nice little slayer to add to the kryss range. The Soul Glaive, just has to be fully repairable.

The Earrings, yes they are seriously good. But not for Gargoyles.

The Mask - not everyone can afford a Leurocians Mempo (starting at 100m, with less other properties) - I am using standard Imbued in this slot, and the Mask beats anything that can be crafted. I consider the Mask great for most players.

The Ring, yes it adds to the Bracelet, and again - a top Antique ring for pvp will set you back 250m for approximately 6-7 correct mods, and be destroyed in 6 months, requiring another 250m to be spent - again, not everyone can afford this level of wear and tear on their armour. This ring along with the bracelet, maxes you out on 4! PvP mods, and adds a nice contribution towards 2 more - ie 6 mods. Agreed top end would want more, but these 2 in combo, add a very nice Clean option, for those who cannot stand the stress of the Antique merry-go-round. They are like a PvP version of the Novo Bleu Set.

The Talisman, I did not understand, and Deco is Deco, nice if you like it, I quite like the look of a couple, and the Book of Lore is nice.

The Ostard - yes that is expensive. There are 2 months for this quest. You have to choose. Ideally, I'd like 6 rings, 2 Masks, 2 Earrings, an Ostard, and the Book, maybe even some of the Deco - that is looking like 2,500 points almost - not even possible. Cutting right back, to 1 Ring, 1 Earring, 1 Mask will equal 500 points for me, which will take some work, but be doable (I also got around 800 from Deceit - where I worked hard for me - my work is so busy, I may not be able to repeat that), then spares into Book maybe. Yes, I'd like to be able to get more than that, they do seem to underestimate how many characters we have, and may be trying to equip. They do seem to make these grinds too hard. But at least this grind, I understand and can do, and I don't have to rely on RNG for...

• GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Gargoyles got nothing again. Great! 
    Ostard you cannot ride , soulglaive that will tear  out in hours, earrings that are way less than Mace and Shield. With Ninjitsu where you cannot even throw shuriken. 
    At least put gargish Morphius epps there! 
  • I hope the drop rate inscreased... there is an inflation on the items cost...
    I painfully made +/- 200 point during deceit... and much less during ice one.

IRL time vs playing time is not and infinite expandable variable.
    Sombrerose/Fishlover
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    I think the ship has sailed on item cost now that it's live but I'd agree the single biggest gripe of most people is the cost for things is just way too much. It's great that we get it for 2+ months but all the deco items should be no more than 25-30 points (150 points for a table in wildfire green?? wow). 

I am a bit disappointed with the Antique items as many have pointed out that for PvM purposes these things will wear down extremely fast. 

It might be a little early to judge but just based on the initial look.... Treasures of Deceit rewards still hold the trophy for "best" rewards (factoring in price and mods).
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "does anyone know if they successfully fixed the hand in artifacts to be cursed? or they remain insurable?"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.