Showcasing "unbreakable" nerve

2»

Comments

• LearnMeLearnMe Posts: 43
    edited June 2021
    Higgs, should I find the multiple quotes of you complaining that everyone has evasion and bokutos?  If they are empty handed stunning, what aren't they holding?  Can you parry or evade with empty hands?  I'll let you guys go cast evasion with empty hands 50 times and let me know the test results.  Hopefully that's one even you guys won't manage to screw up.

Let's not confuse the opinions of two players who don't play or understand decade old mechanics with "facts" either.
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    ??????? What?????  Are you suggesting that the introduction of a wrestle stun that everyone is going to stop playing evade mages???!!!  Are wrestle parry mystics going to disappear over night?  So you have one or two people use this template for its stun ability which going to be wrestle parry 99.5% of the time until they attempt a stun for a cpl secs.  How does that help template diversity again??  Im so confused by your illogical statements
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    LearnMe said:

Let's not confuse the opinions of two players who don't play or understand decade old mechanics with "facts" either.
       as far as I'm concerned, the difference between nervestrikes para and every other special & shield-bash's para-effects.  that's what proves my point, they are not the same.    if you want to continue dwelling on it, I'm not going to stop you.

LearnMe said:
    Higgs, should I find the multiple quotes of you complaining that everyone has evasion and bokutos?  If they are empty handed stunning, what aren't they holding?  Can you parry or evade with empty hands?
         yea, find quotes from me too, the ones where I complained that everyone has parry/evade.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    ??????? What?????  Are you suggesting that the introduction of a wrestle stun that everyone is going to stop playing evade mages???!!!  Are wrestle parry mystics going to disappear over night?  So you have one or two people use this template for its stun ability which going to be wrestle parry 99.5% of the time until they attempt a stun for a cpl secs.  How does that help template diversity again??  Im so confused by your illogical statements
    You realize to do the pre-aos stun as it was being done required wrestling and anatomy, correct?  Go ahead and add up the skills for a mystic parry wrestle mage with anat.  If you would like me to save you the effort, you would need about 200 skill inc.  Good luck with that endeavor.  What kind of evade mage is also going to fit wrestling on their temp?    

Do you want me to break this down into a few simple yes or no questions to help you piece this together?  
    1. Are you empty handed if you have a weapon in your hand to evade with?  (no)
    2. Can you evade or parry if you have empty hands? (no)
    3. Are you aware that equipping and unequipping shields and weapons put you on an item timer? (probably not)
    4. Does template diversity mean "everyone" has to stop playing evaders? (no, it just adds another option)

edited June 2021
    CovenantX said:
    LearnMe said:

as far as I'm concerned, the difference between nervestrikes para and every other special & shield-bash's para-effects.  that's what proves my point, they are not the same.    if you want to continue dwelling on it, I'm not going to stop you..
    Is this a complete sentence?  As far as you're concerned the difference between them is.... what?  By your own argument, if a nerve strike stun and any other weapon para blow isn't the same, then why in the world would you use nerve strike as a case for other weapons getting the unbreakable stun?  One minute you're arguing that all weapons should get the proposed stun because of nerve strike, then the next you're saying nerves aren't like other weapon stuns. 

Do you really not see what's wrong with comparing a 1 damage stun/disarm ability to a weapon class that can do 45 damage stuns along with ai/frenzied/mortal/splinter/bleed/disarm/evade/parry/etc etc etc?  

With the line of "logic" you're trying to follow, all weapons should have 10 tile range and bows should get 35 damage ai's back.
    LearnMe said:
    CovenantX said:
    LearnMe said:

as far as I'm concerned, the difference between nervestrikes para and every other special & shield-bash's para-effects.  that's what proves my point, they are not the same.    if you want to continue dwelling on it, I'm not going to stop you..
    Is this a complete sentence?  As far as you're concerned the difference between them is.... what?  By your own argument, if a nerve strike stun and any other weapon para blow isn't the same, then why in the world would you use nerve strike as a case for other weapons getting the unbreakable stun?  One minute you're arguing that all weapons should get the proposed stun because of nerve strike, then the next you're saying nerves aren't like other weapon stuns. 

Do you really not see what's wrong with comparing a 1 damage stun/disarm ability to a weapon class that can do 45 damage stuns along with ai/frenzied/mortal/splinter/bleed/disarm/evade/parry/etc etc etc?  

With the line of "logic" you're trying to follow, all weapons should have 10 tile range and bows should get 35 damage ai's back.
       No, it's not a complete-(Damn, You're really deep in the "Throw things at the wall to see what sticks" phase aren't you?), I figured you would know what I was talking about and so I didn't feel it was necessary to finish.   I guess I was wrong in assuming you knew what your own thread is about.   MY MISTAKE.

Where are you getting all this 'all weapons should have 10-tile range' nonsense from? 
     That's not what I'm implying at all... How do you even get that far off the rails?

I never once suggested a buff for Archery or Throwing, unless you're taking the parry reduction as a buff to archers, when my intent is clearly for melee, I only said it countless times since what, publish 96?
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    the only solution here is to unnerf ninja....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • sibblesibble Posts: 112
    Who would be better than to explain mechanics than the developers?  Would love for one to chime in...

We are on the official forums, right?

Oh wait, we're discussing the use of these never-ending trap boxes that were probably never meant to exist in the first place but they were left in because they acted like some kind of balance for PVP.

If you've never used one, make sure it's turned the right way cause if the art is facing the wrong way it doesn't work. KEKW

Top-notch stuff here.

My guess is no one official wants to chime in because this entire use of trap boxes seems like a gray area.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "i was unable to reproduce @CovenantX 's results, i was able to trapped box out of nerve strike every attempt using both the uoassist macro and the ingame trapped box macro, i personally don't often trapped box out of nerve in the field and just wait it out, and those who i do nerve who do have a script to auto trapped box, i have not witnessed it fail to release them"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited June 2021
    Nerve doesn't break unless you box it late in the paralyze, If you box too early in the paralyze, it doesn't break until the duration expires.

Paralyzing blow, Infused Throw & Riding Swipe from wrestling or any other weapon in the game, breaks regardless of when you're hit during the paralyze, 

That's the issue,   It's not even a big deal, but it's inconsistent with other special's paralyze.

Edit: and the message "you can move" going off twice as well, very minor thing.
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    LearnMe said:
    You realize to do the pre-aos stun as it was being done required wrestling and anatomy, correct?  Go ahead and add up the skills for a mystic parry wrestle mage with anat.  If you would like me to save you the effort, you would need about 200 skill inc.  Good luck with that endeavor.  What kind of evade mage is also going to fit wrestling on their temp?    

Do you want me to break this down into a few simple yes or no questions to help you piece this together?  
    1. Are you empty handed if you have a weapon in your hand to evade with?  (no)
    2. Can you evade or parry if you have empty hands? (no)
    3. Are you aware that equipping and unequipping shields and weapons put you on an item timer? (probably not)
    4. Does template diversity mean "everyone" has to stop playing evaders? (no, it just adds another option)

Uuuggghh.  Do you have bad reading comprehesion or what?  Literally all i said was how does this idea help template diversity.  Bokuto mages will still be meta, along with all the variant wrestle parry mages.  All your asking is pure wrestle parry mage to in the mix.  I never said anything about another template adding anatomy.  I said evade mages and wrestle parry mages (regardless of what other skills are combined) is what is so broken, that 1- tile chars are basically useless, only way archers or 1- tilers can be involved is with a 4/6 or smoke bomb.  And even those are useless against the huge zergs of people who call this current meta pvp.
  • sibblesibble Posts: 112
    edited June 2021
    FOR REFERENCE

This is an example of how fast you can break out of paralyzing blow.

https://streamable.com/0qu7gd
    (this video was taken 7 years ago)
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I believe this thread has now served its purpose.
This discussion has been closed.