@ Kyronix Plz check Drop Rate of Page of Lore on Drachenfels

2»

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    it's a tool set to generate random bosses  no EM or single person is deciding hehehhe F these people instakill and triple regeng for them 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited June 2021
    Decided to go back today.  I took an account that I did not use yesterday.  I doubt if anyone finish the spawn we began last night.  There were a mix of the first 3 levels but mostly mages.  After killing a lot of stuff I got a page.

We would have received all the pages last night if the spawn only gave a certain amount.(I got 2 and there were 6 players there that wanted pages)  But, I have no idea what the mechanics of these participation drops are still.

@McDougle someone posted that the EMs set up these events and choose the boss specials. The deco items were not all set up at the same time. We still can not enter the sparkle on LS.  I do not know if it is true that the EMs pick the Boss abilities..  The last two spawns had different Boss abilities on different shards also.
    I hope it was our turn to get the angry random Boss,  Because our EM is plain evil and would do this often to us.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    McDougle said:
    i don't think anyone chooses the boss it's just random....
    EM Xanthus said that they choose the abilities for the boss.
    I like the 100/75/50/25 style boss for EM events.
    (because it gives everyone a chance to get a drop)
    And when he asked, we said we liked the event in Eastern Refuge...
    but we should have said that it was a lil too much to handle for less than 10 people.
    It took us 56 mins the other night to take it down.
    McDougle said:
    but we should have said that it was a lil too much to handle for less than 10 people.
    You showed up at the very end of one on Sonoma that took over an hour for the boss. I spent 4 hours on the spawn.  There was just one other player doing the spawn. Luckily more showed when I said it was on the last level. I took a pic. There are 9 players in it. We were calling for a bard to discord it but I guess they all logged.

5 plus hours. No page for me.
    i think for EM events yes they pick but these events are created using the new static tools which i think to be different?? i know the boss on Pac was the bad one that was on Origin last time with insta kill reg etc.. 
    i feel the root cause of this and many issues is a lack of communication if they would say each toon gets three pages per shard then no more or its XXX number of points worth of each level spawn etc etc  
  • Mene_DrachenfelsMene_Drachenfels Posts: 245
    edited June 2021
    McDougle said:
    i feel the root cause of this and many issues is a lack of communication if they would say each toon gets three pages per shard then no more or its XXX number of points worth of each level spawn etc etc  

Don’t make them think any more dumb for any future events, will you? These scrolls should be raining – if they allow me to pick up 5 books/char ;)

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Pawain said:
    This is a problem to me and very discouraging that someone would play 5 hours doing a spawn(s) and get nothing for it @Kyronix. This is coming from someone who doesn't usually say things need to be easier too. 

At the end of the day it's not like pages do anything special and they are purely decoration so this much grind just for a single page isn't worth it. Since we don't know what the logic is on how the pages drop, it's hard to know if we are doing something wrong or it's broken. It seems like the champ needs to be killed after X pages drop. Well that's a problem on most shards now because it's only 1 bracelet per account. This is why I think going forward there needs to be a 50/50 chance of dropping a spawn reward (ie lore page for this spawn) to encourage people to not only stick around to work the spawn (instead of leaving at level 3 or 4) but to also stay and help with the champ. Otherwise people are going to just keep doing what they do now which is work the first couple levels then leave and the boss won't be killed; which essentially makes the rest of the month a huge waste of "event" effort. Me personally.... I've been waiting for the treasures of event after about 6 days of the champ spawn for this exact reason.
  • If the drop of Armor Parts will be the same grind as now from the pages or Players be left alone with a lot of Paragon Fire steeds and Demons.... this to my humble opinion will be the same result as now ;) It will give an advantage to that players who'll ever be the first and got all without doing something, meanwhile others  doing all the neccessary work to have any success are left alone without any benefits. This by the love of god is not my understanding of balanced justice.
    We have seen this now the two events before (Tresures of Deceit/ of Ice) and to my personal live experience because it's humans behavior this third ToT won't be nothing better.

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Thanks for all the reports and feedback related to the participation rewards for dynamic spawns.  Look for more on this in the next newsletter as we come up with some better ways to address everyone's concerns.  Thanks again!
  • @ Kyronix
    Thx for a little answer. Page 5 is still not yet dropping to me :(. Would you plz think about
    whether the champ could be switched a little longer – maybe still some time parallel to the next ToT? Under this circumstances here, this would be very kind and a great gesture!

*mumbles* Better ways in the next newsletter....hm...I’m really curious about that;)

@ Kyronix
    Thx for a little answer. Page 5 is still not yet dropping to me :(. Would you plz think about
    whether the champ could be switched a little longer – maybe still some time parallel to the next ToT? Under this circumstances here, this would be very kind and a great gesture!

*mumbles* Better ways in the next newsletter....hm...I’m really curious about that;)

If you can't get players to kill the Boss, there is no use in keeping it on longer.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Pawain said:
    @ Kyronix

If you can't get players to kill the Boss, there is no use in keeping it on longer.
    I was thinking that same thing myself earlier today when I was working a spawn that clearly reverted back from level 2 down to 1.... I worked it back up to level 2 myself (half way to 3) but gave up after about 25minutes because I figured the pages already dropped and I wasn't going to get a page at that point.

Drops should be 50/50 on the boss to encourage people to get doing it. Even if people just showed up for the boss, at least there would be help killing the champ.

Thanks Kyronix for the response.
    edited June 2021
    I transferred a toon to Atlantic to get Pages of Lore.  They do the spawn during the times I am on 3pm to 11pm central.  Sometimes you have to call in chat to get some help on the Rabbit.

Starting from the beginning there is a good chance to get a page by or during the Yamatsu stage.
    If you do not get a page you have to try again.  Each day I have been getting a page when doing one or two spawns. I have 2 toons there.  I just get 2 pages and stop.

You are never alone at the spawn so if you were you would probable get a page during a single spawn.

Both are tamers.  The one with Weaving gets a page faster than the other because he can thunderstorm next to the houses and kill the ones inside.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited June 2021
    “I am missing only 2 pages now on atl after attending for around 30 seconds every other day with a bok mage”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited June 2021
    I decided to try our spawn that has been on LS for days.  I was alone and got a page this AM, then went back on a different toon and got a page now.  Neither toon advanced the spawn so it was the mages and leftover stuff.

I still have no idea how these Dynamic Spawns work on participation rewards.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    "for days"...  Spawns are reset at server up right?  (max 1 day)

Everything summarized in the other thread appears to be holding true.
    edited June 2021
    "for days"...  Spawns are reset at server up right?  (max 1 day)

Everything summarized in the other thread appears to be holding true.
    No these do not reset with server up.  That would be nice.  If you leave the Rabbit there tonight it is still there tomorrow as far as I can tell.  I am not going to wake up that early and prove it tho. :)

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited June 2021
    “All champion spawns do reset at serve down, scheduled or unscheduled, i haven’t seen any evidence of this one acting uniquely

trading page 4/5 for 12/13 on Atl”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Ok then there is no reason to complain about shard size and how often a shard does it. 
  • I just gave it up, Not worth the time spent.

To compare this to the other 2 Dynamic Spawns

I got 30 or so cubes.
    I got 33 or so Statues
    I have 35 pages so far.

Basically I have gotten better at trying to figure out how to get the drops.

I play a lot more hours than a high percentage of players and have multiple accounts to use. IMO the drop rate for the participation reward is too low.

Hopefully Wildfire begins SOON!  

Dont forget to get the action figure from Soulless Seduction by turning in Hooks map to the NPC at Bucs Den at the Orchid Spa.  
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    You showed up at the very end of one on Sonoma that took over an hour for the boss. I spent 4 hours on the spawn.  There was just one other player doing the spawn. Luckily more showed when I said it was on the last level. I took a pic. There are 9 players in it. We were calling for a bard to discord it but I guess they all logged.

I'm not sure which spawn you were doing, when I showed up.
    the one I was referring to, I saw them call out when the rabbit popped & the time was stamped when they called out. thats how I got the 56 mins.

I haven't been able to go there as much as I would like too. I had surgery last week and haven't played much since then. Only a couple hours at a time.
    edited June 2021
    @Cinderella ; The date of the uncropped pic was 5 - 31

These players were there at the time it is about to pop to more HP.

It took 4 or more hours for 2 to 4 of us to get the Yamandons.  We called in chat at that point.
    It took at least an hour to kill the bunny with most of these players.  You came in when it popped to 25% HP.  May not be the same rabbit that you recall.  I had a Dog and was constantly healing the players so they would not die and leave. lol  There was a Bard there during level 3 but they left.

The Rabbit on Atlantic does not regen HP when it goes to 0 and you do not have to heal players around it.  Unknown why they make harder versions on smaller shards.  Notice how so many people in that pic are constantly healing something.  On Atl you barely have to heal your pet.

@Pawain that was my birthday.
    I wasn't on much that day. 
    Two of the people in that pic are guild members.
    pretty cool pic.