Treasures of Wildfire : Anyone knows if the Devs put in a way to earn points for ROGUES ?

I wonder if, finally, the Developers did put in a way for ROGUES to be able to get drops, either from Hidden, lockpicked Chests, or from stealing from Monsters with the occasion of Treasures of Wildfire...

I guess that we'll see next week.....

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    I'd doubt it but even if they did, it wouldn't be the most effective way to obtain items for the treasures of wildfire... and as some people have complained in the past about drops being "too hard" to get this would inevitably become a future post about how thieves don't get as many drops as a sampire and that's not fair 

>:) 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    keven2002 said:
    I'd doubt it but even if they did, it wouldn't be the most effective way to obtain items for the treasures of wildfire... and as some people have complained in the past about drops being "too hard" to get this would inevitably become a future post about how thieves don't get as many drops as a sampire and that's not fair 

>:) 
    C'mon, there's nobody on this forum that would make a post like that . . .
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    No, no one knows. But with a bit of logical thinking we might be able to guess?
    I have to say I really enjoy the hunt for hidden boxes and stealing from Zealots in Exodus, I also enjoyed the boxes in Kotl and in Khaldun - however the recent 'treasures' events have had a density of spawn that would make such an activity exceedingly difficult, so I strongly doubt we will see anything there. Khaldun was quite sparsely occupied except at the champ spawn location.

Here's an idea we can explore, purely as an intellectual exercise. If the mechanic used for stealing potions and balms were used elsewhere, where would that be? and what would we steal?
    Pages from rabbits?
    Additionally the spawns of the other dungeons essentially auto reveals (again another long winded complaint by a certain individual previously) which I'd assume would remain the same. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited June 2021
    No, no one knows. But with a bit of logical thinking we might be able to guess?
    I have to say I really enjoy the hunt for hidden boxes and stealing from Zealots in Exodus, I also enjoyed the boxes in Kotl and in Khaldun - however the recent 'treasures' events have had a density of spawn that would make such an activity exceedingly difficult, so I strongly doubt we will see anything there. Khaldun was quite sparsely occupied except at the champ spawn location.

Here's an idea we can explore, purely as an intellectual exercise. If the mechanic used for stealing potions and balms were used elsewhere, where would that be? and what would we steal?
    Pages from rabbits?
    Pages from rabbits?

The Developers could very well make the "steals" be those "drops" which are turned in to get points....

And, so, also Rogues could participate to the Event...

The only thing that should be fixed, though, is the Paragons auto-revealing no matter what, across walls and at 12+ tiles...

Rogues having hiding, stealthing and who knows, even the Shadow Ninjitsu Mastery, SHOULD be made able to stealth without being revealed by Paragons... after all, that ability is costing them lots of skill points, they often cannot have combat skills, have to have their hands free for stealing and, in general, are a Template whose defensive is being able to hide....
    Sorry, popps, but I disagree totally. I said: 
    the recent 'treasures' events have had a density of spawn that would make such an activity exceedingly difficult,

Even if the paragons didn't reveal the act of stealing does. With the density of spawn in the dungeons during these events you would immediately be the target of multiple mobs, in addition to the one you have stolen from. Much as I enjoy the activity of stealing from monsters, the idea of having my 'booty' stolen back by a 'rummaging' mob within seconds does not appeal.

edited June 2021
    Sorry, popps, but I disagree totally. I said: 
    the recent 'treasures' events have had a density of spawn that would make such an activity exceedingly difficult,

Even if the paragons didn't reveal the act of stealing does. With the density of spawn in the dungeons during these events you would immediately be the target of multiple mobs, in addition to the one you have stolen from. Much as I enjoy the activity of stealing from monsters, the idea of having my 'booty' stolen back by a 'rummaging' mob within seconds does not appeal.

I am OK, with the act of stealing revealing the thief, I have no problem with that.

BUT, is my point, if the Thief can then, after having been revealed by the steal, hide again, THEN, they should be able to stealth around to find their next Target for the steal without the Paragons revealing them all over the place, across walls and at 12+ tiles distance...

This woud be the difficulty for the Rogue, to find a Target for the Steal that was a bit more isolated (hence the need to be given the ability to stealth around without being all the time revealed by Paragons), and that, once having stolen, the Rogue should time well their going into hiding again before all of the spawn Target him/her... it would be a challenge, sure, BUT, if the Developers make it feasible, players could get to learn how to well time their Stealing and going into hiding and, hopefully, if they were to select their Targets wisely, as isolated ones, they "could" enjoy getting their drops according to their gameplay of preference, the Rogue....

BUT, it is FUNDAMENDAL that Rogues would be able to hide and Stealth without getting revealed by Paragons, so that they can wander around the Dungeon in look for right Monsters' Targets onto which to perform their steals...

@Kyronix , pleeeeeease ?
    popps said:

BUT, it is FUNDAMENDAL that Rogues would be able to hide and Stealth without getting revealed by Paragons, so that they can wander around the Dungeon in look for right Monsters' Targets onto which to perform their steals...

So basically you are asking for the Devs to recode how the event works (again)?

I wouldn't hold my breath as it's already been shot down both other times you people asked for paragons to stop revealing because you they are using X skill points on that template. Rather than debate the same old topic that's been discussed (and answered by the Devs), I'll just say IBTL.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Hey @Kyronix i know fix provo in the treasures dungeons then i will provo all the bad monsters for Popps and he will quit complaining its a win win 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    keven2002 said:
    popps said:

So basically you are asking for the Devs to recode how the event works (again)?

I wouldn't hold my breath as it's already been shot down both other times you people asked for paragons to stop revealing because you they are using X skill points on that template. Rather than debate the same old topic that's been discussed (and answered by the Devs), I'll just say IBTL.
    Well, if in the initial Design some Templates were left out, what can I do ?

I am just saying that, IN ORDER to make more Templates be able to enjoy the Treasures of...., I would see it as fit to "enhance" their Design so as to accomodate MORE Templates, for example the Rogues, to be able to participate....

Since, I understand, this is a "Model" of Spawn, if they NEVER include in the scheme more Templates as playable, these Templates will NEVER be able to participate.

I am suggesting to take care of this now, and benefit from such enhancemend for all future Treasures of... spawns...

Sounds a beneficial enhancement to do, to my opinion...
    You are remembering that there's a timer on being able to hide after a steal?  If you're really, really lucky you might get an invis off. In Exodus I get around it by mounting my ethy next to my target so that I can run away after the steal - in a busy dungeon that's not going to be good enough, you'd just run into the next batch of spawn. 
    Try stealing from the monsters in Ice now that the event has finished and there are no paragons. It's still a busy dungeon in the parts further from the door.
    edited June 2021
    You are remembering that there's a timer on being able to hide after a steal?  If you're really, really lucky you might get an invis off. In Exodus I get around it by mounting my ethy next to my target so that I can run away after the steal - in a busy dungeon that's not going to be good enough, you'd just run into the next batch of spawn. 
    Try stealing from the monsters in Ice now that the event has finished and there are no paragons. It's still a busy dungeon in the parts further from the door.
    You mean the 10 seconds timer ?

That is why I mentioned being able to stealth around for Rogues regardless of Paragons.... so that they can find more "off the way" Targets where the 10 seconds won't mean sure death....

Also, the 10 seconds down time for hiding after a steal, to my understanding, was created when stealing from players, so as to give to players a chance to get the thief and recover their stolen item...

When stealing from Monsters, since it is an entire different scenario, especially when like in the "Treasures of...." Dynamic Dungeons which crawl with spawn, this timer could be lowered down, to like 5 seconds or below.....

Furthermore, I do not see why it would not also be possible to get drops spawn in hidden Chests... this way, a Rogue could get a drop from a hidden chest here, one from a steal there, and still be able to tally up a good number to clain some Rewards he/she might like...
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited June 2021
    Here is the funny thing is that @popps probably doesn't even play a rogue much less UO itself.
    Bilbo said:
    Here is the funny thing is that @ popps probably doesn't even play a rogue much less UO itself.
     :D 
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    I was stealing from AOL right next to the door. It was boring as hell. 
    Ask pet to attack AOL , then All Stop- follow me. 
    Steal stuff from AOL , ask pet to kill it. Repeat. I did it for may be 30 minutes. Felt myself like I am a script. 
    Also please install a forge near a lava pit so my Smith can get drops for each item he crafts 
    McDougle said:
    Also please install a forge near a lava pit so my Smith can get drops for each item he crafts 
    YES YES YES
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Fishermen should be able to fish in the lava and pull up Wildfire boots.

My cook should be able to get drops when they make Blackrock stew.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    This is going to be a champ.  Rouges do not do champs do they Popps 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    This is getting silly.  Do I have to lock it?
    Please do not lock.  Silly is fun and really isn't hurting anyone.  We would just like to have all our non killing chars to be able to play also and get drops.
    @Mariah will you get a drop for locking it ?? ;)
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
     :D 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    :|
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    IMHO this thread is just as silly now, as it was when it started. *throws popcorn @Rorschach *
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

:p 
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    edited June 2021
    It will be nice if developers will push us to use some useless skills there. Like to get drop you need to use Forensics on the mob's corpse. Or item identification on all the loot items you get from mob to have chance for event-piece. Will bring randomness to current templates. And you will actually need to loot stuff.

And in the investigation quest   "where is Yukio" skills forensics and Item Identification will fit quite organically. In the quest lore  , not in templates :D  I think Devs just forgot about them. This is  something for @Kyronix ; to think when future events will be planned. 
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    edited June 2021
    No these are cookie-cutter pre-determined 'events' with no new mechanics from the previous one. Miss the days when we actually had developers that created unique content with unique mechanics.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    username said:
    No these are cookie-cutter pre-determined 'events' with no new mechanics from the previous one. Miss the days when we actually had developers that created unique content with unique mechanics.
    Try missing the days when UO had a dozen devs to do those thing and now we have 2 that are busy trying to do everything that 12 use to do.